2017 Shakira vs 2017 Britney

Michaelgiftos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
20 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

No, she lost it when she started releasing generic latin music with Sale el Sol and gave up on her career to become a full-time mom in Barcelona.

tumblr_m14rgxeKEP1qdvwefo1_500.gif

tbh I have more respect for full time moms than for overworked moms who don't have time for their kids :magicjohnson:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I lost interest once She Wolf came out tbh. I never liked that song and the album was pretty terrible. :nicki2:

She Wolf is an amazing song. :flawlessbye: The album is OK, not as strong as her previous but there were still some good songs in it: the title track, Why Wait, Men in This Town (wasted smash), Did It Again, Gypsy, Give It Up to Me (fight me), etc.

3 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

tbh I have more respect for full time moms than for overworked moms who don't have time for their kids :magicjohnson:

I agree but it it possible to combine both work and home. She barely promotes anymore and the album she came out with is just some already-released collabs and songs that would make the old Shakira ashamed. :gross: Chantaje is a bop, though. :mattafact:

5 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Waka Waka is amazing. :lemmetellu: La La La isn't that good, just better than J.Lo and Pitbull's FIFA song, which isn't saying much. :nicki2:

Yeah, it was the release of La La La that got me really annoyed. Seemed like a move from the label to keep her relevant after the self-titled album flopped.

Not only that it stole views from the actual anthem that year. :outwithit:

Just now, Hope said:

Yeah, it was the release of La La La that got me really annoyed. Seemed like a move from the label to keep her relevant after the self-titled album flopped.

Not only that it stole views from the actual anthem that year. :outwithit:

I'm not complaining about that last part. Talent won. :flawlessbye: The World Cup isn't something that bothers me that much, I have a much bigger problem which is the fact that that's the only time she does promo. :mattafact:

Guest $elfish
2 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

That Shakira is becoming more relevant due to Britney's laziness and shitty team/marketing strategies. Their careers used to have a lot of similarities and now Britney's not as relevant. The only 90s girl she's more relevant than is Xtincta

Shakira has always been relevant tho:nicki2:

Guest $elfish
28 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I lost interest once She Wolf came out tbh. I never liked that song and the album was pretty terrible. :nicki2:

sis your missing out she wolf is a timeless bop

anigif_sub-buzz-27638-1469562341-2.gif?d

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I'm not complaining about that last part. Talent won. :flawlessbye: The World Cup isn't something that bothers me that much, I have a much bigger problem which is the fact that that's the only time she does promo. :mattafact:

Yeah when "La Bicicleta", "Chantaje", and "Deja Vu" were all released I thought she was gonna dominate the Latin market once again.

But then "Me Enamore" came out. :britstare11: That's when I lost interest a second time. :mattafact: I was rooting for her... even "Comme Moi" got a good MV. :selenerz:

19 minutes ago, Hope said:

Yeah when "La Bicicleta", "Chantaje", and "Deja Vu" were all released I thought she was gonna dominate the Latin market once again.

But then "Me Enamore" came out. :britstare11: That's when I lost interest a second time. :mattafact: I was rooting for her... even "Comme Moi" got a good MV. :selenerz:

I don't think she even wanted to release an album. She said in an interview that she loves the fact that she can release random singles whenever wherever she wants. :selenerz: Chantaje got me hyped but when she cancelled her AMA performance, I knew she couldn't care less about that song. It's a shame, it went top 60 without promo in the US and top 60 on Spotify US as well. If she promoted it and maybe released an english remix, it could've been at least a top 40 hit. :mattafact:

9 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I don't think she even wanted to release an album. She said in an interview that she loves the fact that she can release random singles whenever wherever she wants. :selenerz: Chantaje got me hyped but when she cancelled her AMA performance, I knew she couldn't care less about that song. It's a shame, it went top 60 without promo in the US and top 60 on Spotify US as well. If she promoted it and maybe released an english remix, it could've been at least a top 40 hit. :mattafact:

Then why did she release it. :embarrassney: And that's true, "Chantaje" could have had "Despacito" type of success. But Sony is such a flop label atm, so I'm not surprised. :mattafact:

I like the Laundy Service Shakira, since La Tortura her career is a bunch of feats..

yeah she is like big because she is public friendly for the sound, she does reggaeton almost now. that genre of music is very popular now. 

she obviously went for maluma, aka the latin justin bieber lmao.i mean she just sold her career for success instead of good music. because obviously her last good album was Laundry Service to me. 

Archived