What I will always admire about Britney and why I respect her so much more than others

jamesedward94

Though she is one of the biggest stars of all time, literally the closest thing to Michael Jackson or Madonna in our generation, she has ALWAYS been humble and has never gotten a big head.

When I look at a lot of stars today, I see artists who act like they are the biggest thing on the planet and like they are better than everyone else. Taylor Swift's new single and music video just gets on my nerves SO much because instead of it just being about the music she is now using headlines and "beef" and mean girl tactics to pretty much hit back and talk about other artists. I don't understand why it was necessary to "clap back" in many different subtle ways just to try and come out on top.

I also look at artists like Lady Gaga early in her career and how fake she always was and how she always wore the most ridiculous outfits to get people talking. Or how J.Lo resorts to music videos focused on her big booty. Or how Beyoncé made an ENTIRE album marketed towards her husband cheating just to get attention.

Even at the height of her career, Britney ALWAYS put out singles and music videos that were purely meant to show off her talent and her artistry. She gave her all 100% of the time. What has Taylor REALLY done in her career that is that remarkable? None of her videos have been amazing to me, they are just made very well. And her newest video just throws a lot of shade to once again get attention.

I am so proud to stan an artist who has always managed to make it about the music and has never put her personal life or "headlines" in her music to try and get more famous. She has always been very thoughtful and has always treated others with respect and I truly love her so much for that!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I love Taylor's pre-LWYMMD music to death but it seems like she gets more and more immature with age. :wyd: If this is an ellaborate publicity stunt then props to her for being a smart business lady but after the new song and concert ticket selling scam, I see nothing more than an immature, scammy, money hungry ****. :lemmetellu:

Britney on the other hand has always strayed away from being shady and is always humble which is something I strive to be. :brit:

I agree with you she's always been a very humble girl. and that's what makes me love her even more. but there are times where she created controversies to gain attention as well ( although I believe she was told by her team to do so). 

people know she is isn't faking anything and always treats people with respect. that's what people adore from her besides her music I guess :otears:

I agree that I like how humble she is but I don't get how  the other celeb examples you use relate to that. Lady Gaga wears outfits for attention. A lot of critics said Britney dresses **** for attention. Beyonce released an album about what was happening in her life? Isn't that what artists do? JLo embraces her curves in whatever way she feels cool with. How is that different from Britney prancing around in leotards every night also showing off her body? She uses *** a lot to sell. Taylor clapped back at whoever and makes controversy? Britney had lots of controversy. I don't think Britney is so different from these other celebs. She lives her life but she's still in the pop industry

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

I agree that I like how humble she is but I don't get how  the other celeb examples you use relate to that. Lady Gaga wears outfits for attention. A lot of critics said Britney dresses **** for attention. Beyonce released an album about what was happening in her life? Isn't that what artists do? JLo embraces her curves in whatever way she feels cool with. How is that different from Britney prancing around in leotards every night also showing off her body? She uses *** a lot to sell. Taylor clapped back at whoever and makes controversy? Britney had lots of controversy. I don't think Britney is so different from these other celebs. She lives her life but she's still in the pop industry

I'm sorry, but most of these artists lately have used tactics Britney never really has. Yes, Britney promote ***, and a lot of it, but she would never do a video like J.Lo literally just shaking her *** the entire time. And when Gaga came out she always wore weird outfits and costumes to gain attention when Britney never needed to do something like that to become popular. And Britney has NEVER done anything like Taylor has done. Taylor is extremely petty and is striving off of the drama and putting other artists down in a stupid back and fourth that is beyond ridiculous at this point. Point is, Britney never had to or even would do any of this. All of these artists seems to be incredibly into themselves and get completely wrapped up in juvenile beefs or trying to gain fame in the wrong ways, and Britney has NEVER done that! Her talent and star power has always been at the forefront of everything she's done and she has never really changed who she has always been!

7 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I'm sorry, but most of these artists lately have used tactics Britney never really has. Yes, Britney promote ***, and a lot of it, but she would never do a video like J.Lo literally just shaking her *** the entire time. And when Gaga came out she always wore weird outfits and costumes to gain attention when Britney never needed to do something like that to become popular. And Britney has NEVER done anything like Taylor has done. Taylor is extremely petty and is striving off of the drama and putting other artists down in a stupid back and fourth that is beyond ridiculous at this point. Point is, Britney never had to or even would do any of this. All of these artists seems to be incredibly into themselves and get completely wrapped up in juvenile beefs or trying to gain fame in the wrong ways, and Britney has NEVER done that! Her talent and star power has always been at the forefront of everything she's done and she has never really changed who she has always been!

Yes she has. She's just as immature when firing back. Britney is annoyingly passive aggressive. She claims not to know who Fred Durst is then turns around and records Rockstar which is supposedly about him. She claims to take the high road with Justin then goes on to call him '*********' in front of Kevin. She's a spiteful ***** when she wants to be. Yes, nobody is perfect but she's also a coward. Every time she's broken up with a boyfriend, she either goes wild (parties a lot, has a very public breakdown, disses him on stage. 'Men can suck my toe' is real mature.) She also once told a paparazzo in a sarcastic way that she wants Justin and Kevin on her record. If that's not pettiness then what is?

ITZ entirely consisted of her going wild and making headlines because of how annoyed and hurt she was. She never confronts things. She does things and never takes responsibility for them. Kinda like with the paparazzi situation. She befriended them and even slept with one of them then turned around and bitched about them when they were constantly there for her when she needed them like when she asked one of them to help her look for her camera. Stop making Britney out to be a saint. She's not.

The only reason she had star power is because of her in-your-face controversies that stemmed from her insane amount of irresponsibility for her actions in public. She may not have confronted those people face to face but that wasn't because she was 'sweet'. It's because her PR team told her not to because she was still a pop machine making money and everybody was already questioning her talents. If she said anything, she would have been known as a minimally talented '*****' to people. If she really wanted to take the high road, she wouldn't have brought these people up (Like Justin) in private. She should have confronted him right there and flat out said that there are 2 sides to this story. Instead, she tried to sweep it under the rug until it exploded in her and everyone's face in public, in 2007. Her breakdown was one of the worst if not THE worst in history and it was out of her passive aggressive behaviour. That's still pettiness. 

3 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

Yes she has. She's just as immature when firing back. Britney is annoyingly passive aggressive. She claimed to not know who Fred Durst was then turned around a recorded Rockstar which is supposedly about him. She claimed to take the high road with Justin then went on to call him '*********' in front of Kevin. She was a spiteful ***** when she wanted to be. Yes, nobody is perfect but she was also a coward. Every time she's broken up with a boyfriend, she either went wild (partied a lot, had a very public breakdown, dissed him on stage. 'Men can suck my toe' is real mature.) She even told a paparazzo in a sarcastic way that she wants Justin and kevin on her record. If that's not pettiness then what is?

ITZ entirely consisted of her going wild and making headlines because of how annoyed and hurt she was. She never confronts things. She does things and never takes responsibility for them. Kinda like with the paparazzi situation. She befriended them and even slept with one of them then turned around and bitched about them. Stop making Britney out to be a saint. She's not. The only reason she had star power is because of her in your face controversies that stemmed from an insane amount of irresponsibility for her actions in public. She may have not confronted these people face to face because her PR team told her not to because she was still a pop machine making money. It's not because she didn't want to. If she really didn't want to, she wouldn't have brought these people up (Like Justin) in private. She should have confronted him right there and flat out said that there are 2 sides to this story. Instead, she tried to sweep it under the rug until it came out in a HUGE way in 2007. Her breakdown was one of the worst if not THE worst in history and it was out of her passive aggressive behaviour. That's still pettiness. 

Resulta ng larawan para sa christina aguilera preach gif

1 hour ago, ovoxo said:

Moral of the story everyone has chapters that they don't wanna read out loud. Don't bring down other artists to make Britney look better :sickofu:

Resulta ng larawan para sa christina aguilera preach gif

This is so true!! That is the difference!! Britney is so humble, like someone else posted.....She made headlines without trying unlike many others who will do all they can to be the hot topic.  Lets not pretend Britney didn't want to be in the spotlight in the beginning, but she was never desperate, or she never came off as a try hard. 

I get it these days people think she could do more, but Britney doing something distasteful for attention is NOT why we are all here, that is not Britney.  

I love Britney for who she is not only her music. 

• Super Mods

I think what I love about her is she always assume she is not the best and which is why she is still amazed at how long her career has lasted. She always assume people would get sick of her and move on which is why she was literally crying at the opening of the circus tour seeing thousands of fans because she realize just how much people still want her. I think she thought there will be a day she would just bow out and someone else would take her place.such a beautiful human being that doesn't get enough credit.

12 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

Yes she has. She's just as immature when firing back. Britney is annoyingly passive aggressive. She claims not to know who Fred Durst is then turns around and records Rockstar which is supposedly about him. She claims to take the high road with Justin then goes on to call him '*********' in front of Kevin. She's a spiteful ***** when she wants to be. Yes, nobody is perfect but she's also a coward. Every time she's broken up with a boyfriend, she either goes wild (parties a lot, has a very public breakdown, disses him on stage. 'Men can suck my toe' is real mature.) She also once told a paparazzo in a sarcastic way that she wants Justin and Kevin on her record. If that's not pettiness then what is?

ITZ entirely consisted of her going wild and making headlines because of how annoyed and hurt she was. She never confronts things. She does things and never takes responsibility for them. Kinda like with the paparazzi situation. She befriended them and even slept with one of them then turned around and bitched about them when they were constantly there for her when she needed them like when she asked one of them to help her look for her camera. Stop making Britney out to be a saint. She's not.

The only reason she had star power is because of her in-your-face controversies that stemmed from her insane amount of irresponsibility for her actions in public. She may not have confronted those people face to face but that wasn't because she was 'sweet'. It's because her PR team told her not to because she was still a pop machine making money and everybody was already questioning her talents. If she said anything, she would have been known as a minimally talented '*****' to people. If she really wanted to take the high road, she wouldn't have brought these people up (Like Justin) in private. She should have confronted him right there and flat out said that there are 2 sides to this story. Instead, she tried to sweep it under the rug until it exploded in her and everyone's face in public, in 2007. Her breakdown was one of the worst if not THE worst in history and it was out of her passive aggressive behaviour. That's still pettiness. 

I have never seen that video before. Wow. 

You don't have to drag other artists to give Britney some credit. You can drag Beyonce for making use of feminism and black rights to make money and I'll buy it, but don't drag her for selling her private life when Britney has done it too. 

If you say Gaga was desperate for attention at the beginning of her career then call Britney desperate when she grabbed G-Eazy's **** to get some headlines. 

Then, Britney also has Piece of me which is her response to media and the harassment she suffered from back then. It's true that she has not that annoying diva behavior other pop stars have (I think that's your point, but you didn't explain yourself correctly)

13 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

The paparazzi were there for her? I mean, are you saying they were there to help her? In that case, I totally disagree. Not saying Britney is a saint, but the media is always thirsty for someone to destroy (aka money). 

Archived