What's the worst thing about POM?

FeedTheStans

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's the choreography for me. She could give herself a mohawk and go out there with two corn chips and a post-it and I would not care as long as she kills it. :mattafact:

The cd vocals kill it for me as well. 

If it was prerecorded as well. I'll ignore the lipping if everything else is good but it isn't so start singing Britney :outwithit:

A youtube channel 'speed S' have amazing footage of highlights from Piece Of Me

I think that she should have never done a Vegas residency, she's 35 not 55! Leave the Residency's for people like Cher & Celine Dione.

It's a good show, but Britney's lack of motivation and embarrassment shows and I don't know whether she likes what she's trying to execute I mean LOOK at that BOMT break, WTF! :meltdown::calculating:

Setlist could be better, outfits could be much better and the choreography or the way the show is just seems like a typical go to Vegas show, not a Britney Spears concert :staysalty:

1 hour ago, Black_Out said:

For me, its not a great Vegas show. The production isn't outstanding. For example, I was just reading someones meet n greet story. He mentioned that Fe said they wanted to add cutting edge lasers, but shes had the same lasers since DWAD tour in numbers like Overprottected. I also think that yes she may lip sync, but shouldn't get away with doing that in a Vegas Residency. That also brings me to my next problem which is dancing. That made up for her singing for so many years, and people were able to accept it and think of her as more of an entertainer vs. singer, unfortunately she hasn't delivered. Finally I believe the show was created with the intention to give her a much needed break where she could stay active at a slow pace. Four years into that its unacceptable that they've cut a good 45% of the dancing and shes released two albums with Vegas being the main priority through each era.

You would think that being in Vegas would give her more time to promote and do great tings for BJ and Glory. 

Definitely the dancing/choreo.

The setlist is fine, I mean, yeah we all wanted more BJ tracks to be featured back in the day (yes ya'll wanted them too :lemmetellu:) and then Glory, but the rest of her hits are just so good, I can't complain. It had the best from her early hits, except for Overprotected, and the best from her "new era", which is everything post-breakdown, so it kinda pleases all types of fans.

The ugly outfits and even the ugly wigs would've been forgiveable if the dancing made her shine, and in the case of the wigs, that they didn't prevent her from executing the moves properly. As I've said since 2013, even if she put all her effort to execute the choreo properly, the choreo itself is still very ugly, unflattering for her, pointless and silly in most cases. It's very un-Britney and would always look weird for her.

She needs so bad to go back to her classic style, and we've learned that she won't do it with Charm Ladonna's help, so she needs to find someone else whenever she starts her next project. It's a shame Andre passed away, he was one of my last hopes to bring back the classic Britney dancing. The other ones are Brian Friedman, but he's become too exaggerated for the videos I've seen in here, and after the FF experience we don't really know how would be the chemistry between he and Britney if they worked together again. And the last one is Wade Robson or however is called, but yeah, no, plus I ignore what he's been doing all these years though. So I think Brian could do the trick, she needs someone that challenges her, now that she seems to have found the energy she had lost.

The lack of live vocals here and there for me, or pre-recorded vocals at least. No matter how much I love POM the show feels kinda lifeless sometimes, despite having the live band which helps a lot. Some live singing would do wonders for the show, and Britney would stop doing funny faces all the time, because she would actually be thinking about the words she's saying. It would also help interaction with the audience, which is another of POM's biggest flaws. I mean, I'm ok with the lipsyncing, really. But she can't even interact with people because she's too busy lipping and doing choreo, going from spot A to spot B to spot C. I get the dancing part because it is  what it is and she's a performer, but I think the lipping is one of the reasons she doesn't interact with people as much, apart from her anxiety and general awkwardness. At least they could've prepared pre-recorded vocals. They had more than 3 years to do that. Oh well, maybe for the next tour. :ehno:

The original POM 1.0 was all around awful. From costumes to setlist to her total lack of energy. Who would ever think it was a good idea to put ballads in a totally lipped show? The worst thing in my opinion is a tie between the lack of pre-recorded vocals and the fact that she is still lip syncing the wrong parts of some of her songs. The first few legs of the revamp were a big highlight for me, best shows she's done from start to finish. Then it got messy again when she chopped up all the costumes and randomly threw Glory songs in the mix. 

Archived