Scary

ShowdownITZ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

It would've been a great single around Halloween time with a Slumber Party esque aesthetic. It was a missed opportunity for sure keeping It off the album. I've always hated Gasoline and BFB so I don't get how those made it on the album. HATLM and Up n Down should've been on the standard as well. 

What's the difference between standard and deluxe? Aren't they still part of the album?

She should have made it single #4 at the end of Sept. 2011, with a themed music video dropping the week before Halloween.

It would've been a seasonal hit, FF was a huge radio album for her. 

She could've re-released FF in Nov 2011 with bonus tracks (Scary, Burnin' Up,  Unbroken) to benefit off the Black Friday/Holiday sales and give the era more longevity.

Team Britney: hire me for her marketing department.

2 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

They are but she never releases bonus tracks as singles so in my faux reality that's the reason those weren't singles. Overall I think the album would've been better as a pop album without those two tracks. 

So she wouldn't release Better or CYM as singles since they are deluxe?

10 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

What's a b-side? Like she said I'm So Curious was the b-side to Sometimes and I never got that

Back when vinyl was the standard for music, singles would be released with an A-Side and a B-Side. The A-Side was the single, and the B-Side would be an extra track that gives you a cool bonus. 2 songs for the price of one.

That trend carried into the CD and sometimes digital era, giving you 2 track singles.

5 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

What's the difference between standard and deluxe? Aren't they still part of the album?

Yes, but typically deluxe tracks aren't singles because they aren't available on the standard master of the album. That's usually reserved for standard tracks. It's more typical to have deluxe tracks as singles now a days because the digital era has made the tracks easily available.

25 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yes, but typically deluxe tracks aren't singles because they aren't available on the standard master of the album. That's usually reserved for standard tracks. It's more typical to have deluxe tracks as singles now a days because the digital era has made the tracks easily available.

So now with the digital era, it really doesn't matter about the placement of songs? Cause when I listen to Glory, there's no standard, there's just the deluxe version.

4 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

So now with the digital era, it really doesn't matter about the placement of songs? Cause when I listen to Glory, there's no standard, there's just the deluxe version.

Well yeah, basically. Super Bass is Nicki Minaj's biggest hit yet it's a deluxe track.

The only reason Deluxe Versions are still a thing is because of the physical music market. Which I hope never goes away because I love having a CD in my hands.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well yeah, basically. Super Bass is Nicki Minaj's biggest hit yet it's a deluxe track.

The only reason Deluxe Versions are still a thing is because of the physical music market. Which I hope never goes away because I love having a CD in my hands.

I haven't bought a cd since second grade. :hype: I really only stream music now but I get what you mean, it's nice to have the music in your hands. 

Archived