Britney should do a reverse Taylor

The Greatest Show

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They deleted a thread where he asked how did we feel about Taylor being bigger than Britney right now, and I wrote a long *** comment, and knowing how Exhale deletes threads as I'm typing, I decided to save it, and I'll post it here. It's just words without meaning, but since I'm so mad, I'll post it anyway :lemmetellu:

Well, first of all I feel disgusted lol I just will never understand how today's people find that cool. However, it also makes me feel that perhaps I'm getting too old, and I just don't get what is cool right now, even if I'm just 24 (I'm not that old, am I? :P ) 

Times have really changed, audiences have changed, the media has changed and the music scene as well. Yesterday they were playing some classic videos on MTV, and they put one live performance, I think it was 50 Cent, at some MTV event on the beach circa 2000 I think, well, the point of that story is that people in the audience were all young, but they were young adults, from 20-30's. I think that was the main public back then. Now it's teens and kids who rule, and that's why I believe Britney will never have a chance again. Her time has passed and it was gone too soon, because she's still young actually.

People will then bring, "but Beyoncé yadda yadda", "but Justin Timberlake...". Yes, but those are weird cases, Justin isn't that present in people's minds though, only when he releases something, maybe, because I don't remember any recent song of his besides Can't Stop the Feeling, which I think it's more than enough for him. Beyoncé it's just very overrated, like the whole thingy of idolizing her, but she really isn't a huge force in charts for example, as far as I know... 

People like Taylor and Rihanna and stuff has managed to survive to superstardom, because I guess they really want it. They've made the right decisions, and even counting all the scandals on their careers, nothing is as big or as negative as it was for Britney. Even Katy was doing her thing, until this era which has been quite lame for what I read here. They've been constant, they haven't had a big break or pause or a huge change, speaking of negative changes, in their style or music, etc. Taylor changed for better, from country to pop. Rihanna made a weird transition, but it was positive for her as well. They've all found their formula for success, and they'll stick to it till the world ends.

Britney Spears was only gone for a year, if we say 2006. But with everything that was going on, her career was permanently damaged. I'm actually surprised that by 2008 she was able to still get the success the Circus era got. However, looking back we can notice something, or many things started to changed. It just wasn't the same anymore from then onwards. Then in recent years she's been more and more absent, and I think it's like a snowball effect, well I don't know if that's the correct analogy, but the more time she lets pass without having a huge, really big and effective comeback (it would be her 123817293129308th comeback, but this would be like THE ultimate comeback), the harder it's gonna be for her to gain back her space in the music scene and in the public's preference. It's 2017 already, the decade it's almost over, and what has she done with her career? She owned the past decade, releasing many singles and albums from 2000 to 2009. This decade she hasn't delivered quantity nor quality (in most cases). 

We could write books about everything that's wrong or that isn't with the current state of Britney's career, but in conclusion to answer the topic of this thread, how do I feel about Taylor being bigger? Well, Britney is so nowhere to be seen, that I feel the same as if you asked me about Ariana Grande, or Nick Jonas or Ed Sheeran or any other current artist (I tried to list a few others but I really don't know anyone else lol). It's just sad that we have all these random people releasing videos and albums, dancing to her songs onstage at awards shows, etc, and Britney isn't given the chance anymore.

Back in the day it was fun for me to listen to new music, or current music, because Britney was always there with some single. Now, the fact that I know I won't get to watch any video of hers on MTV for example, stops me from turning on the tv and watch what's new, or YT or the radio, or whatever source I could pick for new music. I personally haven't liked anything of what I got to hear though, but I don't know, it would be better if Britney was thrown in there along with the rest of the current acts. And it's even sadder to know she has an album like Glory that passed unnoticed to the GP. 

I'll save this comment too if they delete the thread by the time I hit Submit button 

18 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

um for me there is a big difference in talking about someones very obvious and botched plastic surgery on a forum and talking about your date on TV. She didnt say his name but Im sure he and his friends know that she meant him.  Britney is a grown *** woman and should know by now to not look herself up on the Internet. And Im sure she doesnt. Even the best celebrities get dragged and talked about in awfull ways, after so long in the business she would be dumb to come here.

My post was a hypothetical situation to point out your hypocrisy. Of course she doesn't visit exhale.

I was just pointing out the fact that you were making fun of her appearance for the entire first page, then was criticising Britney for making fun of someone else's appearance (which was wrong for her to do, obviously). And your excuse for making fun of her is pathetic, 'celebs get dragged all the time, so i will just do it too'? That's strange and backwards thinking. 'Britney probably reads plenty of hate and criticism on a daily basis, so I'll just give her some more' :whitney:

Criticise her for her lacklustre performances, not her looks, "obvious and botched surgery" or not. 

K thanks :kisses:

20 minutes ago, Chris343 said:

My post was a hypothetical situation to point out your hypocrisy. Of course she doesn't visit exhale.

I was just pointing out the fact that you were making fun of her appearance for the entire first page, then was criticising Britney for making fun of someone else's appearance (which was wrong for her to do, obviously). And your excuse for making fun of her is pathetic, 'celebs get dragged all the time, so i will just do it too'? That's strange and backwards thinking. 'Britney probably reads plenty of hate and criticism on a daily basis, so I'll just give her some more' :whitney:

Criticise her for her lacklustre performances, not her looks, "obvious and botched surgery" or not. 

K thanks :kisses:

where did I make fun of her appearaance on page one???? I wrote "omfg" as a comment on one of the pictures posted. And no its not hypocritical because its not the same situation. Even if i had dragged her on page one I would have done that knowing that Britney would never read it.  If feel like you dont even understand what Im saying at all so I wont bother with you anymore. You twist and turn things people say to suit your own narative. YOu can reply to me if you want but I wont reply to you in his thread anymore.

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

where did I make fun of her appearaance on page one???? I wrote "omfg" as a comment on one of the pictures posted. And no its not hypocritical because its not the same situation. Even if i had dragged her on page one I would have done that knowing that Britney would never read it.  If feel like you dont even understand what Im saying at all so I wont bother with you anymore. You twist and turn things people say to suit your own narative. YOu can reply to me if you want but I wont reply to you in his thread anymore.

I understand what you're saying. However you're saying that you can say whatever you want about her, because you know that she will never see it. Imo that's kinda cowardish. Plus you don't know if the guy brit was talking about actually saw it, probably he did, but not defiantly. I will say I exaggerated about you making fun of her on page 1 (you said she would need cgi, but you did just say she had obvious botched surgery- I would call that pretty harsh criticism) however I don't see how I'm twisting things to fit my argument, I was just presenting you're posts and showing how they contradict each other. 

It's your prerogative if you don't reply. I guess we'll agree to disagree

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

They deleted a thread where he asked how did we feel about Taylor being bigger than Britney right now, and I wrote a long *** comment, and knowing how Exhale deletes threads as I'm typing, I decided to save it, and I'll post it here. It's just words without meaning, but since I'm so mad, I'll post it anyway :lemmetellu:

I'll save this comment too if they delete the thread by the time I hit Submit button 

it wasn't deleted, it was merged with the taylor vma thread on the black hole section ("celebrity" news)

13 hours ago, cheri said:

how do u feel about britney making fun of ppls looks btw? like the time she made a laughing stock of that guy she went on a date with saying that she left cause he looked "scary, like a lizard"?

I think she was genuinely scared :janet:

3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Guys, stop making these edited pics. If you don't like her face, GO AND ******* DO THE ******* MUSIC VIDEO WITH YOU FACES? :lessons:

Im sure you are all Brad Pitt's look alike. :rihit:

oh come on its all in good fun. + they are literally just putting Britneys face on her own body. :wyd:

Of course Britney would need editing (a la Private Show) because the age gap between her videos is much larger than Taylors. Britney is in her early teens in her first videos and she is in her mid 30ies atm.  Its easier to pull off a 27 year old looking like a 22 year old.

Archived