New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 12:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

I seriously do not understand E! News....

jamesedward94

Within the first 10 minutes of today's show they did a story on Britney's infamous 2007 VMAs performance. They asked what went wrong and showed faces of the other artists in the audience (how many times are people going to say Rihanna was laughing at Britney when she was CLEARLY looking up at the dancer on the table in front of her!). They pointed out everything wrong with it and then quickly showed how she is today. 

Why did they spend SO much time on a story like this, but they barely talked about the live performance she just gave. They literally LOVE bringing up Britney's bad moments. 

Smh.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just have to face it that that horrible performance is infamous. Whenever VMAs come up, that will always be a trend in topic. And since VMAs are this weekend, it makes sense. Not much of a story for a singer to do what she should have always been doing, especially since she went right back to lipping the next night 

10 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What are you talking about? According to her own fans, it's "ICONIC!!1!!" and "betterr than yourr favezzz". :whitney: Britards love to use it as a bragging right (when Britney herself is ashamed of that performance) so I don't understand why they have such a problem with others talking about it. :whitney:

d0qWZ_s-200x150_zpsvm9urnhy.gif

But I generally agree with others here-- it's not going to go away. It's apart of her history, and until she does something that really gets people talking again (more than just for a few days), its going to keep being the big highlight they mention. :yaknow: Personally, I still don't think it'll ever go away; they'll still bring it up, regardless.

10 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

But I generally agree with others here-- it's not going to go away. It's apart of her history, and until she does something that really gets people talking again (more than just for a few days), its going to keep being the big highlight they mention. :yaknow: Personally, I still don't think it'll ever go away; they'll still bring it up, regardless.

It would go away if the comeback was bigger than the meltdown, but it wasn't. Look at Mariah. She was a joke in 2002 with everyone making fun of her because of what hapenned with Glitter and Charmbracelet. However, she was able to almost delete that from her past with TEOM, when she came back slaying those high notes and getting those #1 smashas. She came back, while Britney never truly did. She returned to the spotlight with questionable performance skills, generic music and akward interviews. The public gave her so many chances and she just stood there lipsyncing to 1998 vocals without a care for her image. By 2012, the GP was done with trying to give her a chance and stopped caring about her. That's why the meltdown is still mentioned, it's kinda where her career stopped.

• Exhale+

Wendy Williams is the worst offender if this. Whenever she talks about Britney, she starts with 2007 literally every time. It's as if everyone sees her as a child and never notice what she's accomplished. The comback was successful but it was forever ago,  so I don't see why people always have to compare her to them like she's a fragile little kid when she's done so much and has grown quite a bit. 

4 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Wendy Williams is the worst offender if this. Whenever she talks about Britney, she starts with 2007 literally every time. It's as if everyone sees her as a child and never notice what she's accomplished. The comback was successful but it was forever ago,  so I don't see why people always have to compare her to them like she's a fragile little kid when she's done so much and has grown quite a bit. 

Most ppl don't know that though.She has done what maybe five big events...if that. 

That isn't enough in a decade. 

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What are you talking about? According to her own fans, it's "ICONIC!!1!!" and "betterr than yourr favezzz". :whitney: Britards love to use it as a bragging right (when Britney herself is ashamed of that performance) so I don't understand why they have such a problem with others talking about it. :whitney:

Bc they only talk negatively about it and bring her down basically. They don't understand that it's actually a lot better than many of her performances today. She just had bad extensions and her outfit was too small. And her damn heal broke. It wasn't even as bad as they like to say!

6 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Bc they only talk negatively about it and bring her down basically. They don't understand that it's actually a lot better than many of her performances today. She just had bad extensions and her outfit was too small. And her damn heal broke. It wasn't even as bad as they like to say!

What the hell? Take the stan goggles off, that performance was an embarrassment. She was off and looked a mess. That was a huge blow to her career.

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It would go away if the comeback was bigger than the meltdown, but it wasn't. Look at Mariah. She was a joke in 2002 with everyone making fun of her because of what hapenned with Glitter and Charmbracelet. However, she was able to almost delete that from her past with TEOM, when she came back slaying those high notes and getting those #1 smashas. She came back, while Britney never truly did. She returned to the spotlight with questionable performance skills, generic music and akward interviews. The public gave her so many chances and she just stood there lipsyncing to 1998 vocals without a care for her image. By 2012, the GP was done with trying to give her a chance and stopped caring about her. That's why the meltdown is still mentioned, it's kinda where her career stopped.

It's obvious her conservator-ship stilled her comeback.  It's as simple as that.  She probably shouldn't have been rushed back after that Circus era.  That was a big mistake and disgrace on the part of her managers/conservators.  (There were problems with the Circus era but it was a huge success.)

She should have had more time to come back as a better performer and allow her to do the music she wanted to do.

Yeah, the know how to make money but they stifled the hell out of her career during post 2009.

3 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Yeah she can dance like MJ, sing like Whitney, have production like Madonna, write like Mariah, and produce like Danja but people will ALWAYS talk about her breakdown, and honestly I don't mind it, it shows that she really got her life together :awyeah:

Archived