Britney Army Starts Petition To Replace Louisiana Confederate Monuments With Statues Of The Queen

Jordan Miller

Guest Arckangel

Having her own statue is okay, but it should have its own new spot. To have it replace a confederate monument is a bad idea as it'd give the impression Britney Spears herself approved of it somehow. It'd also draw negative attention to her from those who oppose removal of those monuments; some could even vandalize her statue as a result—or worse! And I don't think Britney would want to be involved in that mess.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7940876/britney-spears-statue-petition-louisiana-confederate-replace

Billboard's covered it now. :giggleney:

6 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Having her own statue is okay, but it should have its own new spot. To have it replace a confederate monument is a bad idea as it'd give the impression Britney Spears herself approved of it somehow. It'd also draw negative attention to her from those who oppose removal of those monuments; some could even vandalize her statue as a result—or worse! And I don't think Britney would want to be involved in that mess.

I actually agree with this; it should have a new spot of its own. I feel like it'll still be objected to, but at least it'd be avoiding that one particular issue. 

• 2 years later...

Archived