42 minutes ago, $elfish said:

ofc they are 

imo circus has the deepest meaning between all Britney albums

for example

Blur, circus, shattered glass

can all be taken in different meanings which is really cool:mattafact:

I hope b10 is a mix between circus, femme fatale, and itz

or just something completely new

i've always interpreted Blur as a song about her hangover from her messy years :mattafact:

3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I actually think Circus is her 2nd most personal album after ITZ, she may not have written as many songs on it but songs like Womanizer, Shattered Glass, Blur, Mannequin, My Baby, Kill The Lights, Out From Under, and Unusual You all seem to really relate to her life! 

Yeah I was thinking that too, she may only have written 4 songs but the songs that even she didn't write have a lot of meaning to her. Btw what's Mannequin about? :calculating: it's such a bop but I never got what it meant 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Itachi said:

i've always interpreted Blur as a song about her hangover from her messy years :mattafact:

Really? I always thought she saw that time period as like a blur. Like being in that crazy environment, it's hard to take in everything because the pace is just so fast. 

She only co-wrote a few tracks on Circus but it was actually a pretty personal album for her if you dissect the songs:

Womanizer - I bet this relates to Kevin

Circus - Her life about being a performer/dancer

Out From Under - Reflects getting back on top after the breakdown

Kill The Lights - Her negative relationship with the paparazzi

Shattered Glass - About someone cheating. I don't know if Kevin cheated but it's about breaking up.

Unusual You - She started dating Jason, her longest relationship yet, during this era.

Blur - It's funny bc she stopped partying after the breakdown but she was partying a LOT during it and it was very public.

Mmm Papi - She co-wrote the song and it's rumored to be about that Latin pap she dated.

Mannequin - She co-wrote it and mentioned that she wrote a song when she was pissed off. I'm pretty sure this was it. About people controlling her (she's in a c-ship...)

Lace And Leather - Not that personal but it represents her *** kitten side.

My Baby - Obviously a very personal song about her boys that she co-wrote.

7 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

She only co-wrote a few tracks on Circus but it was actually a pretty personal album for her if you dissect the songs:

Womanizer - I bet this relates to Kevin

Circus - Her life about being a performer/dancer

Out From Under - Reflects getting back on top after the breakdown

Kill The Lights - Her negative relationship with the paparazzi

Shattered Glass - About someone cheating. I don't know if Kevin cheated but it's about breaking up.

Unusual You - She started dating Jason, her longest relationship yet, during this era.

Blur - It's funny bc she stopped partying after the breakdown but she was partying a LOT during it and it was very public.

Mmm Papi - She co-wrote the song and it's rumored to be about that Latin pap she dated.

Mannequin - She co-wrote it and mentioned that she wrote a song when she was pissed off. I'm pretty sure this was it. About people controlling her (she's in a c-ship...)

Lace And Leather - Not that personal but it represents her *** kitten side.

My Baby - Obviously a very personal song about her boys that she co-wrote.

Queen of being personal with her albums :tifftear:

Circus is about Britney's life as a performer so I think the song is personal to her.

Out From Under I think can be personal to be her (even though it's a cover) as the song is about a past relationship, presumably with K-Fed. 

Kill the Lights is about the paparazzi and I think Mannequin is too.

My Baby Britney wrote herself about her sons.

Not sure about Unusual You or Blur...

I don't get why people are saying Out From Under is about anything in her life.  That song was previously recorded by someone else for the Bratz movie.

"Out from Under" is a song by American recording artist Britney Spears, taken from her sixth studio album, Circus (2008). The song was written by Shelly Peiken, Arnthor Birgisson, and Wayne Hector, initially for the soundtrack of Bratz: The Movie, featuring vocals of American recording artist Joanna Pacitti. After approaching Spears and Guy Sigsworth in 2008, the songwriters suggested the singer to re-record the song for her album.

Archived