Why wasn't britney included on the paper mag?

AmberLouise

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because her iconicness is too immesurableΒ toΒ share a magazine cover with others. It just doesn't fit in one cover.Β 

She can have her own edition wheneva she wantsΒ :comingthru:

Β 

Β 

No, seriously, well, considering these photoshoots take place months before being published, maybe her Asian tour schedule didn't allow her to make a photooshot or Idk. Im trying to find a logical reason.Β :calculating:

Β 

• Super Mods
18 hours ago, Million Billion said:

considering these photoshoots take place months before being published, maybe her Asian tour schedule didn't allow her to make a photooshot or Idk. Im trying to find a logical reason.Β :calculating:

Β 

I'm thinking that was the case and they just couldn't find a common date for both parties. Kinda bummed cuz I really want her be acknowledged for paving the way for those 4 people to do vegas.Β 

36 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I'm thinking that was the case and they just couldn't find a common date for both parties. Kinda bummed cuz I really want her be acknowledged for paving the way for those 4 people to do vegas.Β 

SHE IS TBH, PIONEERNEY IS RECEIVING HER WELL DESERVED CREDIT FOR THISΒ :brit:

BILLBOARD MAGAZINE:

the β€œWomanizer” singer has changed one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world for good, and it's impossible to attach a price tag to that kind of revolution.

Β 

Before the Grammy winner came along, Las Vegas residencies were only for those on the downswing of their career. Those taking part were certainly still stars (nobody could claim names like Elton John or Celine Dion aren’t some of the biggest in the music business), but they weren’t modern chart-toppers. While the past four years have not been the most successful for Spears on the charts, she hasn’t stopped releasing new albums or pushing catchy singles. In fact, while she’s been busy in Las Vegas, the singer has debuted two albums (Britney JeanΒ and the more recentΒ Glory) inside the top 10 on the Billboard 200, and she has charted five singles on the Hot 100.

ALSO:Β 

Vegas is back on the map for younger travelers in a way it never would have been before Britney showed up, and while she may leave, the city has reentered the American consciousness in an incredibly valuable way. She may depart and the show may soon be over, but no other pop star can claim to have left the same mark on Sin City as she has, and that’s worth much more than any amount of ticket sales.

Β 

Β 

I never read any POM review as good as this. Link to the full article if you want to give it a read: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/06/21/britney-spears-vegas-residency-is-ending-and-its-leaving-behind-an-incredible-legacy/#708132145827Β 

Β 

18 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Let's get this straight, the queen of Vegas is CΓ©line Dion, not Britney. If it wasn't for her, Britney wouldn't have done POM.

e84cc76878f49df92402cc0f637d0a7a.jpg

Technically, yes. Celine is to Vegas what Britney is to pop music. But Britney's credit is not for making a more successful Vegas show than Celine's, (cause she was there since like 15 years ago) but for making it look "cool" for her and for others. Billboard itself said it, "she change the face of Las Vegas entertainment" that's her contribution, encourage other artist to make Vegas residencies.Β :donewithit:

Britney strikes AGAINΒ :lessons:Β remember when there were no powerful female pop girls in the 90's? She opened the opportunity for many other pop girls to come out, not because she invented teen pop, but because there wasn't anyone with her profile that gained so much success. The same with Vegas, she wasn't the 1st in making a VegasΒ residency but she was the 1st from a generation of mainstream pop music. She proved she could make a successful residency and still making good numbers on sales. Yes BJ & Glory are her worst selling albums but that's just in comparison with her previous albums but considering neither album had a proper promotion, they still did good numbers.Β 

Β 

Β 

Btw, that Whitney gif MUST be an emote.Β :tiffhair:

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, Million Billion said:

SHE IS TBH, PIONEERNEY IS RECEIVING HER WELL DESERVED CREDIT FOR THISΒ :brit:

BILLBOARD MAGAZINE:

the β€œWomanizer” singer has changed one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world for good, and it's impossible to attach a price tag to that kind of revolution.

Β 

Before the Grammy winner came along, Las Vegas residencies were only for those on the downswing of their career. Those taking part were certainly still stars (nobody could claim names like Elton John or Celine Dion aren’t some of the biggest in the music business), but they weren’t modern chart-toppers. While the past four years have not been the most successful for Spears on the charts, she hasn’t stopped releasing new albums or pushing catchy singles. In fact, while she’s been busy in Las Vegas, the singer has debuted two albums (Britney JeanΒ and the more recentΒ Glory) inside the top 10 on the Billboard 200, and she has charted five singles on the Hot 100.

ALSO:Β 

Vegas is back on the map for younger travelers in a way it never would have been before Britney showed up, and while she may leave, the city has reentered the American consciousness in an incredibly valuable way. She may depart and the show may soon be over, but no other pop star can claim to have left the same mark on Sin City as she has, and that’s worth much more than any amount of ticket sales.

Β 

Β 

I never read any POM review as good as this. Link to the full article if you want to give it a read: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/06/21/britney-spears-vegas-residency-is-ending-and-its-leaving-behind-an-incredible-legacy/#708132145827Β 

Β 

My point exactly, she saved vegas and made it cool. Yeah Celine started it all but she was considered more for the older crowd and Britney is definitely for the younger crowd and she changed the way people see vegas now and it shows with all these four acts following her move now more artists are in talks of doing residencies. I'll be mad if she doesn't get some statue built because she did vegas a big favor when they are struggling to revamp their image and draw in the younger crowd.

6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Technically, yes. Celine is to Vegas what Britney is to pop music. But Britney's credit is not for making a more successful Vegas show than Celine's, (cause she was there since like 15 years ago) but for making it look "cool" for her and for others. Billboard itself said it, "she change the face of Las Vegas entertainment" that's her contribution, encourage other artist to make Vegas residencies.Β :donewithit:

Britney strikes AGAINΒ :lessons:Β remember when there were no powerful female pop girls in the 90's? She opened the opportunity for many other pop girls to come out, not because she invented teen pop, but because there wasn't anyone with her profile that gained so much success. The same with Vegas, she wasn't the 1st in making a VegasΒ residency but she was the 1st from a generation of mainstream pop music. She proved she could make a successful residency and still making good numbers on sales. Yes BJ & Glory are her worst selling albums but that's just in comparison with her previous albums but considering neither album had a proper promotion, they still did good numbers.Β 

Β 

Β 

Btw, that Whitney gif MUST be an emote.Β :tiffhair:

I'm not denying Britney's impact in Vegas, but she's not the queen of Vegas, she's the princess, daughter of Celine and Elvis. :lessons:

And BJ and Glory are not good numbers. CΓ©line released a french album the same day as Glory, with ZERO promo performances, while Britney, despite the poor promo plan, still had the VMAs and the TODAY show. Guess what? Encore un soir has already gone past 1.1 millions sales WW while Glory... :nicki2: In fact, Celine sold twice as much as Glory first week worldwide.

And I agree, that Whitney GIF has to be an emote.

e84cc76878f49df92402cc0f637d0a7a.jpg

Archived