Facebook hates Britney's gladiator Pepsi commercial

austsilva

literally all the comments are Britney sounds like a child, Britney is horrible compared to Beyoncé and pink, they should have gotten Christina or I feel bad for Britney because she doesn't belong in this commercial and why would Pepsi chose her? I'm just wondering why all the hate and wasn't this when Britney was in her prime and the star of Pepsi & I thought this was an iconic Commercial for BRITNEY

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney got a lot of hate for being the Queen Bee back then, it's like the hate Taylor Swift and Bieber get now for being so popular.

This. Hating on Taylor became a rage everyone wants to contribute to whilst they don't know how close she is to her fans and amongst britney fans: we always complain about the hate towards britney but a lot of us are hating on others such as TayTay themself. The hypocricy is real.

i find this utterly sad that we have to lower ourselves and do the exact same thing that we hate when others do it.

Funny, because I think she overshadowed both Beyoncé and Pink back then, with her childish voice and everything. They weren't that popular, at least not internationally. Those comments must come from younger people that weren't even born then, or older people that doesn't remember how things were back in the day and comparing to nowadays they find "insulting" that they "dared" to put Britney along with Pink and Beyoncé. 

Of course there always were haters, but back then Britney was the most popular of them all, and is actually the only one that made sense to be in that commercial. Very few people knew Pink outside of Lady Marmalade or Beyoncé without Destiny's Child. Not to mention Enrique Iglesias... 

Britney Spears wasn't chosen to appear there because of her powerful voice. She was there, simply because she was Britney Spears, but apparently that's something young people will never comprehend and other people that were alive back then, have already forgotten.

Archived