What is Britney's '4th signature song'?

zxcvb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Womanizer... I would say it because here in my country (Italy) is the more recent Britney's song known by everyone (I wouldn't say "Till the World Ends" because was not succesful as "Womanizer" and I don't wanna say "Scream & Shout" because is only a featuring). So the signature's songs (basing on my experience here in Italy) are (in order): 

1- Toxic

2- ...Baby One More Time

3- Oops!... I Did it Again 

4- Womanizer 

1, Baby

2, Oops

3, Toxic

4, It's a tie between Slave 4 U, Womanizer ( her first number one since BOMT ) Work ***** and Till The World Ends. Honestly it'll probably be Work *****. The song is used in a lot of sitcoms and commercials and the general public tends to really like it for it's overall message. I see it get a lot of love compared to the other 2 i mentioned. Till the World Ends is mentioned cause literally everyone knows that damn chorus and loves the song in general. But honestly her 4th song is hands down Slave 4 U ( all thanks to that VMA performance ). Slave 4 U and Britney go hand in hand in most people's mind.

I'd have to say Gimme More by a long shot.

The #1 signature song is universally recognised as BOMT because it was the debut single, sold by far more than any of her other singles, the schoolgirl outfit is iconic etc etc. Oops! is 2nd because again it had high sales, the red catsuit, the Titanic scene reference, and was the jump off point to her biggest selling album. Then it would be Toxic because the video and song were highly critically acclaimed and gave her a huge bounce back hit when her sales were decreasing slightly. Gimme More has the iconic "It's Britney *****" which is practically a signature phrase whenever the media or GP talk about Britney now a decade after the term was first used, not to mention it being sampled in S&S, the car crash VMA performance, the media frenzy around her at the time, and the fact it's an opener to the majority of her fan's proclaimed 'favourite album'.

Slave 4 U would probably come in as fifth due to the VMA performance, and to a lesser extent, the well known choreography.

Everytime, Womanizer, Till The World Ends & Work ***** each have their own great merits but also their downfalls (Everytime - cut scenes from video, Womanizer video is a cheaper carbon copy of Toxic, TTWE is a carbon copy of Slave, Work *****, again cut scenes respectively), and the latter two, whether fans choose to accept it or not, were at a period where Britney's popularity, interest and energy were in decline.

her first sig song being 'baby one more time' .....everyone also knows 'crazy' and 'sometimes' so I would say those are her first 3 signature songs.

so her fourth signature song would be oops I did it again.

she has a **** ton of signature songs because it's Britney, *****. 

It's bomt, oops, slave and toxic. Literally no debate. Slave is still huge and was the mark of her more mature image. Those are the songs ppl always associate with her and they are still mimicked and talked about everywhere. No one cares about some womanizer. In 20 years, ppl will still be talking about bomt oops slave and toxic

Archived