Is Myah ALSO on Hold It Against Me?

Circuit

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But it's just background vocals :outwithit:

I don't know why is it so hard to believe she's used just for background vocals. Exhale has created this psychosis about Myah, when she's just a background vocalist and there must be many other background vocalists in all of her songs, but since we don't know their names, nobody makes a big deal. Or when we talk about He About to Lose Me everybody act so chill, but the truth is there's many people that ignore Ina Wroldsen is the one that sings the chorus.

Just a background vocalist? Are you one of the people that deny Myah was BJ's main vocalist?

Other background vocalists are obviously just that, background vocalists. And most artist have them, no ****. But myah is the only one with the try-hard faux britney voice which ruined an album. 

I hate when people refer to exhale as if they're not a part of it themselves. Condescending and distasteful af.

28 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

Just a background vocalist? Are you one of the people that deny Myah was BJ's main vocalist?

Other background vocalists are obviously just that, background vocalists. And most artist have them, no ****. But myah is the only one with the try-hard faux britney voice which ruined an album. 

I hate when people refer to exhale as if they're not a part of it themselves. Condescending and distasteful af.

Yes I am one of those persons.:soyeah:

And yeah, I refer to Exhale as a third person because I'm talking in general. There isn't one specific person to blame for all the different ideas or conceptions that the majority of the people in here has about the many different topics (except for Jordan and the Desert Performance). There is always a bunch of people that start with a certain idea, and as time goes by everybody start to slowly jump in the bandwagon, to the point where, for example, if you ask anyone in here today they will tel you we all disliked BJ since the moment it came out, when actually most of the people in here loved it for the first months, until this Myah nonsense started.

And in my particular case, I've found over the years that I tend to disagree with most of the people in here about a lot of stuff, so it's very difficult not to feel that I'm not part of this community :P even if I'm as part of the forum as any other member.

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yes I am one of those persons.:soyeah:

And yeah, I refer to Exhale as a third person because I'm talking in general. There isn't one specific person to blame for all the different ideas or conceptions that the majority of the people in here has about the many different topics (except for Jordan and the Desert Performance). There is always a bunch of people that start with a certain idea, and as time goes by everybody start to slowly jump in the bandwagon, to the point where, for example, if you ask anyone in here today they will tel you we all disliked BJ since the moment it came out, when actually most of the people in here loved it for the first months, until this Myah nonsense started.

And in my particular case, I've found over the years that I tend to disagree with most of the people in here about a lot of stuff, so it's very difficult not to feel that I'm not part of this community :P even if I'm as part of the forum as any other member.

Maybe you're in the minority because you're wrong?

3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Maybe you're in the minority because you're wrong?

Well, who knows, but for example I was one of the few people against Slumber Party because I knew it wasn't gonna smash, while the majority of Exhale was totally sure it had hit written all over it, and look what happened. It wasn't good enough on its own to prevail without promo, as opposite of I Wanna Go for example, a song I loved since FF came out (back then I think a lot of people supported it too, I don't know, so I was still part of the majority :P)

When it comes to what's the best song or album or stuff like that, I think it's very subjective, so I don't think there's a right or wrong. I don't believe I'm special or something, I just know I think very differently than most people in here, whether it's because of our backgrounds, or cultures or age, although I find a few that agree with me every once in a while, so I guess they're just more shy when it comes to express their opinions.

I'm not afraid to say I like BJ, even if it's not her best album. Or to say I don't believe Myah is the lead singer on all those tracks people claim she is. Or to say I don't think Blackout is her best album. Or to say I don't think she's got a nosejob lol Or that I don't care about the playback, and so many other things that are almost taboo in here if you don't think the same. But I think at the end is better to have different point of views, otherwise it would very boring to discuss when we all think the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if Myah is on more of HIAM than just the backing vocals, just because Britney had little interest in the album and it was a better planned album, after a scrapped one. Some words (not lines, words) sound very Myah, much like the voice on BJ, and there's a bit of a switch in the sound. Could just be coincidence, could be edited. 

That being said, The stems are out there, I think, and there's nothing labelled Myah. I dunno, for the two albums where Britney didn't care, Myah was to be found more and more. 

Guest Arckangel
11 hours ago, The_Original_Toy said:

is she just gonna ignore body ache? :girlwhat:

She didn't ignore it!

Britney Spears "Body Ache" Co-writer

Britney Spears "Body Ache" Writer & Background Vocalist

https://soundbetter.com/profiles/24769-myah-marie

Myah's also credited for background vocals on Now that I Found You (in the Britney Jean booklet). As for Alien, there is strong indication she sings in it, but if true, she's uncredited.

Guest Arckangel
14 hours ago, Circuit said:

I was listening to HIAM today and realized some parts don't at all sound like Britney. :idkney:

The following clip was compiled using ONLY the lead vocal stem.

What do you think??

"If I'm coming on too strong"

"And they're playing my favorite song"

"You might think"

"But you know"

Compare Myah Marie's demo to Britney Spears' final version (w/ Myah Marie, background vocals, and Bonnie McKee, background vocals and guest vocals):

Archived