WHY CAN'T ANY TV SHOW TALK ABOUT BRITNEY WITHOUT BRINGING UP THE BREAKDOWN

jamesedward94

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People saying 'Well she hasn't done anything iconic since' - that's no excuse at all. She doesn't deserve to have her worst moments constantly replayed over and over again no matter if she never does anything iconic again. Think how you feel when someone reminds you of something embarrassing you did, or if you see a really bad picture of yourself on social media and feel awful knowing all your contacts will see it, OR just think of times when you've felt s--ty and low, you don't want to be reminded of it - you want to move on. Some things aren't about her career but about treating her with some decency. 

As much as we hate it, her breakdown is a part of her legacy now, its a big part of her career and her life, it was too public and huge to simply be forgotten like that. Either way, most of the media use it in terms of comparison to how much she progressed and how healthy and happy she is rn, so i dont mind tbh. There are some vile pigs who use her breakdown to humiliate her even nowadays, but those are 1 in 100 :mhm: 

3 hours ago, neel21 said:

Probably, but if she is not comfortable talking about it, then let her be. we have no business asking her what happened. You don't really know how traumatic the whole thing was for her, nor does anyone else. She also probably doesn't wanna think of it. Idk what everyone's obsession is with knowing every minute detail of every celebrity's life, and then giving them **** for not saying anything.

Its like if I came up to you and demanded that you tell me everything about your life. Celebrities are humans too, not robots who'll act as the GP wishes.

Yeah I get what you're saying but I guess u can't have it both ways. Either she has to jeopardise her privacy some more and tell everyone what really happened so THEY can move on and stop bringing it up or she's going to keep quiet and not give people closure. It's very tricky but I guess it's good that she kept it to herself. She opened up way too much back then and I think that's why nobody has been able to accept the new Britney.

Britney was born to be on camera and seeing her so closed off since 2009 onwards makes it harder to stop bringing her breakdown up. She didn't just gradually become more private, she went cold turkey and it threw people off. It's like there was all this drama with her being taken in an ambulance then x months later, she comes back with a smile to th vmas and becomes so shut off. Her interviews change, her performance change and she becomes less bubbly and talkative. It's not normal. We can't really blame the public for constantly bringing this up

4 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Circus was strong but after it literally has been the pits of her career. Like they should have used the success and support from Circus  for huge things 

I'm not talking musically. Circus was a good comeback album. Im talking about with choosing how to address it. They kinda swept it under the rug instead of addressing it and that's why ppl still talk about it because ppl still have no clue what happened or why she's so different now. 

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

I'm not talking musically. Circus was a good comeback album. Im talking about with choosing how to address it. They kinda swept it under the rug instead of addressing it and that's why ppl still talk about it because ppl still have no clue what happened or why she's so different now. 

True. Yeah. I get privacy and it's her right to talk about it but careerwise she has changed so much, it's hard to just look past it. 

Most pol just assume she has a mental disorder (I think that) but they brush everything off like it's normal and she hasn't changed. 

Maybe if she would be more upfront ppl would treat her a lot different. 

On 17/08/2017 at 9:50 AM, The Greatest Show said:

Lets be real.. If the breakdown hadnt happened she would be in Christinas shoes. People were over Britney in 2005.  The reason Circus and FF were so successfull were because people were rooting for her and felt sorry for her.

I dont think so.. gp were like this before the breakdown:

:mattafact:

2 hours ago, div said:

I dont think so.. gp were like this before the breakdown:

:mattafact:

I think what @The Greatest Show is trying to say is that her team used the breakdown to make Britney a victim of fame and thats what spearheaded the Circus era. The GP were on her side for the first time since the Oops era. It's possible she could have bounced back after leaving Kevin (had the break down never happened) but I really don't think it would have been as big as Circus. She would have been like every other popstar that's trying to refresh their career after a bad relationship. Kind of like Whitney with Bobby.

34 minutes ago, Hannah said:

I think what @The Greatest Show is trying to say is that her team used the breakdown to make Britney a victim of fame and thats what spearheaded the Circus era. The GP were on her side for the first time since the Oops era. It's possible she could have bounced back after leaving Kevin (had the break down never happened) but I really don't think it would have been as big as Circus. She would have been like every other popstar that's trying to refresh their career after a bad relationship. Kind of like Whitney with Bobby.

yes thats what I meant. i didnt mean that the GP hated her or anything  but at that point she wasnt new or interesting to them anymore. Kind of like comparing Bangerz Miley to Malibu Miley. She is still big and still successfull but nothing compared to what she was. Im sure Britney would have been the same. the breakdown made her interesting and someone you wanted to root for.

The exposure was as big as her success in music so it would be very difficult to talk about her without mentioning that specific phase of her life. As much as I hate those years (and if could erase them from her life I would) it certainly helped her career to get more longevity than what it was expected to have. The "comeback" story made other people buy the idea of her as a recovered girl on the right way. 

Archived