Was Primeney hated for her personality too?

Marcanthony

I was seeing this negative criticism on Jlaw and how she just wants to be a normal cool person but is not.

Looking back, i was wondering since i'm not from US was Britney hated for her personality too?

Like i know she wasn't quite popular coz of her *** image and vma controversies but did people hate her as a person too when she appeared on interviews and stuff?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

People tended to think her attitude on stage, was her real personality. So it's biased

Most people don't know she was / is shy

They hated that she was everywhere or what she represented in music; her personality was of little concern to them. I saw it hailed a bunch in interviews, as in by the interviewer and the media themselves (and, as always, by Britney's fans), but if you mean the GP: see the first sentence.

Her debut was surrounded by controversy. So yeah, she has always been both loved and hated. She was the first pop girl in playing the "I am an innocent girl who acts **** but I pretend I do not notice that" role. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't but it did work for her. :mattafact:

This caused so much drama back then because girls wanted to be like her and men wanted to GET her. First the BOMT music video scandal (still can't believe how dramatic was society for a teenage girl showing her belly). :surething:

Then the RS magazine cover and people wonder how she was portrayed as a *** symbol while acting sweet and innocent. 

Then the 00's performance, then the Slave performance and her new **** image by 2001. 

Pop acts have always been a target of criticism and female pop acts even more. The difference between then and now is that it was cool to like her and she really did justice to her work. It was balanced. Now, it is just, well, cool to remember... :britstare11:

2 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

There's always been this misconception that Britney is stuck up and bitchy because of how confident she is in her songs and performances. I mean look at how she's portrayed in this :omg:

@ 5:00

I mean come on we all know Britney would be the one getting bullied in a high school full of pop stars :orangu: but X-Factor definitely didn't help her image since some idiots believe the show isn't staged.

This kills me. Taylor being portrayed as the sweet one...:meltdown:

6 minutes ago, The Holy Spearit said:

I also hate how Britney is chubby and has blue eyes :squintney: But yeah Taylor being the "nice" girl is so off lol. We all know the nicest girls in the school would be Britney, Gaga, and I might even say Rihanna. Rihanna is the definitely the type of ***** that would defend Britney when Taylor Swift bullies her. 

Rihanna is a bad *****. She's got a heart of gold, but a bad attitude that scares people away. :queenflopga: Taylor Swift is 100% Regina George, and Katy is literally Cady, so obsessed with taking her down that she becomes just as bad if not worse. Gaga would probably be that one ***** who's always staging protests against meat in the cafeteria and promoting LGBT meetings, but no one ever pays attention to her. Xtina would be the head cheerleader with an eating disorder. Justin (Bieber) would be the closeted chorus kid who everyone low-key thinks is trans, while Justin (Timberlake) would be his quarterback lover. :mattafact: And Adam Levine would be that bad boy senior who was held back a few times and bangs the ever living hell out of everything with a pulse, male or female, behind the bleachers. :milkney: And Shakira would be the foreign exchange student who works her *** off to be part of every club, and valedictorian, and everyone loves her. :yesplease: 

Low-key, I'd watch a Pop Star High School, if it was actually accurate to people's personalities. :yaknow: 

1 minute ago, The Holy Spearit said:

OMG at both Justins secretly being lovers :moorangu: Tbh they need to make a Pop Star High movie not directed by Todrick Hall. I think it would do great. I also want to see the mess that would happen when we find out who plays P!nk :urite:

She'd be the high school dropout who sneaks into school everyday 'cause she's just ******* bored, smoking in the bathroom all day. :gimmemoar: 

• Super Mods

Yes, they thought she was an airhead and basically just a puppet. Since she wasn't very articulate and she always gave vague answers. I mean you could even tell Oprah was judging her when she was on the show. She was asking about the meaning behind her work like the snake performance and Britney just answered "cuz it's cool" definitely not what oprah was wanting to hear.

I don't remember ppl thinking she was rude. Parents just didn't like her because she was so young dressing **** and singing songs about certain topics. And she didn't come across as super smart. Totally different from Jlaw. Jlaw seems like a ***** who wants ppl to think she's nice. I don't think anyone ever got that vibe from Britney in her prime.

1 hour ago, The Holy Spearit said:

and sniffing panties 

@ 0:43

That Basic Instinct sack reveal was ******* DISGUSTING. :tiffcackle: Miss Mann got me SHOOK.

And this just made me remember the Anna Farris/Chris Pratt split and that makes me sad... :( Apparently they split up because she was so insecure about herself. Honey, I can relate on so many levels.

3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Rihanna is a bad *****. She's got a heart of gold, but a bad attitude that scares people away. :queenflopga: Taylor Swift is 100% Regina George, and Katy is literally Cady, so obsessed with taking her down that she becomes just as bad if not worse. Gaga would probably be that one ***** who's always staging protests against meat in the cafeteria and promoting LGBT meetings, but no one ever pays attention to her. Xtina would be the head cheerleader with an eating disorder. Justin (Bieber) would be the closeted chorus kid who everyone low-key thinks is trans, while Justin (Timberlake) would be his quarterback lover. :mattafact: And Adam Levine would be that bad boy senior who was held back a few times and bangs the ever living hell out of everything with a pulse, male or female, behind the bleachers. :milkney: And Shakira would be the foreign exchange student who works her *** off to be part of every club, and valedictorian, and everyone loves her. :yesplease: 

Low-key, I'd watch a Pop Star High School, if it was actually accurate to people's personalities. :yaknow: 

I love Gaga, but this sounded so damn accurate I definitely cackled:

2 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

always staging protests against meat in the cafeteria and promoting LGBT meetings, but no one ever pays attention to her.

The Taylor to Regina and Katy to Cady comparisons are spot on, too. 

Who's the prom queen then? Beyonce because she wins everything...ever? I'm not a fan, but acknowledge her talent and can't deny she definitely knows how to promote herself effectively. :liberatedaf:

Listen .. the song "Piece Of Me" couldn't have been a better release for her, especially at the time! It describes everything quite well but it could've gone further..

A lot of hate started coming Britney's way around the massive success of OIDIA. People found so many ways to bash her.. her *****, her lip singing (which is hilarious because looking back we can see she was ACTUALLY singing), her style.. people thought she played up the southern bell thing.. they bashed her virgin comments & mainstream pop started to become rich with Anti-Britney artists.. big ones that we love now used Britney as a way to tear down the idea of a "perfect image". 

Whats really sad is that exhalers talk about her PRIME & how she was such a force (which is true) but she was not appreciated at all.. esp going into Britney & In The Zone. 

2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I love Gaga, but this sounded so damn accurate I definitely cackled:

The Taylor to Regina and Katy to Cady comparisons are spot on, too. 

Who's the prom queen then? Beyonce because she wins everything...ever? I'm not a fan, but acknowledge her talent and can't deny she definitely knows how to promote herself effectively. :liberatedaf:

I mean, you can't deny Gaga and Madonna would be the overly political ******* who everyone kinda admires for their passion, but no one really likes that much. :britdrown: 

Beyoncé would definitely be the Queen B (lol) of the school, everyone's favorite, but no one knows why.

Unlike with Britney, the girl next door, or Shakira, the golden girl, Beyoncé's just... There. And everyone likes her for it. :mattafact: 

Archived