New IG post

annalai23

5 hours ago, MM said:

lmao she's a public figure who still has a fan base. and bc she's a public figure people are going to look at her (especially as a white woman from the south) to see what her thoughts are on white supremacy. for her to stay silent is very telling (of her and her team). just bc she's a popstar doesn't mean she should't talk about current events. 

Britney tweeted/instagramed about the pulse massacre days after and made hands, donates thousands to but yes she's still privileged. 

But stop expecting celebs to post on every tragedy. Not everyone goes straight to social media and I'd rather have something sincere than a copy paste job. And it doesn't mean her or her team are actively supporting white supremacy either, my friend didn't even know about it and he's one of the most activist people I know. 

if anything taking a moment in her show or donating to SPL like what @BoyToySoldier said would be better. I hope by you saying that , that you're doing your part too

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jennyj said:

She's a performer, not a politician.  She stays in her lane, unlike Gaga and Madonna who have always used politics as a way to get attention... they rare actually help the causes.

I'd have to disagree on rarely helping causes. They're outspoken and love the camera but Madonna , George Michael, etc raised lots of money for aids research back in the 90s and was vocally supportive of gay community before it was what every female pop star did. Gaga yeah even more so but Joanne your is donating %of ticket sales to US education charities

7 hours ago, MM said:

i hate to be the first one that says this, but it's so awkward for her to post this while staying silent on white supremacy. 

It literally isn't awkward at all.. let's not cause unnecessary drama :girlwhat:

She doesn't have to tweet about everything, I haven't tweeted about the atrocities going on in America but am still disgusted by them... does that make me posting about having a nice day "awkward"? 

She's spending a nice evening with her kids and posting about it, leaver her be.

24 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I'd have to disagree on rarely helping causes. They're outspoken and love the camera but Madonna , George Michael, etc raised lots of money for aids research back in the 90s and was vocally supportive of gay community before it was what every female pop star did. Gaga yeah even more so but Joanne your is donating %of ticket sales to US education charities

Isn't $1 dollar of every remaining ticket sale for the remainder of the show going to some charity? I forget which one.. 

7 hours ago, MM said:

i hate to be the first one that says this, but it's so awkward for her to post this while staying silent on white supremacy. 

why do you care what a popstar's opinion is? make up your own damn mind and stop looking for celebrities to educate you :tiffcackle: if she wants to keep her opinions private its nothing to do with you, this post is so stupid :tiffcackle: 

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney Spears is a pop star. She's not the President nor is she in any position where her input on this subject is needed or relevant. When 9/11 happened she was blamed and trashed by the public, called a jailbait *****, what was wrong with America, why the terrorists bombed us, etc. She's a privileged white woman with millions in her bank account. Sending out a tweet isn't going to change ****, it's just tone deaf. It's like going up to a homeless person and instead of giving them a dollar to buy a snack you say "oh I'm sorry you're homeless". Instead of tweeting, why don't these pop stars actually donate to the NAACP or Southern Poverty Law instead?

Exactly

As much as she has fans, there are as many people who physically hate her. One comment I read below a post about her stage crashing incident was, "It's not like shell be missed if she gets hurt. She's trash and she doesn't sing do who cares!" 

This is just one of many. Now yes, do these issues (white supremacy) need spoken about, yes. But not by Britney, she is clearly out of touch with current political events, and it would come off fake etc. While she would definitely mean well, she would be ripped apart and mocked, for being an out of touch celeb trying to be 'woke' (a la katy perry)

As boytoysoldior has already suggested, actually taking action and donating would be much more effective, something that Britney does a lot with other events (e.g. Louisiana flooding), rather than just tweeting an empty tweet about the situation

1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

why do you care what a popstar's opinion is? make up your own damn mind and stop looking for celebrities to educate you :tiffcackle: if she wants to keep her opinions private its nothing to do with you, this post is so stupid :tiffcackle: 

this, i don't even know why they're calling her privileged just by her skin tone (that's pretty messed up) when she grew up in an economical lower class family  and has been working almost non stop sine her childhood

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

this, i don't even know why they're calling her privileged just by her skin tone (that's pretty messed up) when she grew up in an economical lower class family  and has been working almost non stop sine her childhood

She's white and rich. She automatically has more privilege than most people in America. Her past doesn't matter, she isn't poor anymore.

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She's white and rich. She automatically has more privilege than most people in America. Her past doesn't matter, she isn't poor anymore.

because she worked her *** off for it, that is not being privileged, that is reaping what you sow. She worked her butt off for many years so she's rich as a consequence of her work. That is not being privileged, it's living on the reward of hard work.

5 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

because she worked her *** off for it, that is not being privileged, that is reaping what you sow. She worked her butt off for many years so she's rich as a consequence of her work. That is not being privileged, it's living on the reward of hard work.

You're not understanding the concept, privilege is any advantage you have over the rest of the population in the country that enables you to get ahead in certain situations. Race is one. White people are generally favored better than minorities. Finance is another. It does not matter where your money came from, you have a lot of it, that is financial privilege. Britney is able to live comfortably every day and never has to worry about feeding her children, getting to work, etc.

15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You're not understanding the concept, privilege is any advantage you have over the rest of the population in the country that enables you to get ahead in certain situations. Race is one. White people are generally favored better than minorities. Finance is another. It does not matter where your money came from, you have a lot of it, that is financial privilege. Britney is able to live comfortably every day and never has to worry about feeding her children, getting to work, etc.

privilege is when something comes to you without any effort, not any advantage just because even if you worked for it. it would be wrong of me to call her a privileged woman when i know she's worked pretty much for 30 years to have an economically stable life. 

10 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney Spears is a pop star. She's not the President nor is she in any position where her input on this subject is needed or relevant. Sending out a tweet isn't going to change ****. Instead of tweeting, why don't these pop stars actually donate?

narrowed down to the points i realllly agree with but thank you! i dont understand people who feel the need to bash her because she doesnt post about political/world issues. why should she feel the need to do that? a tweet doesnt do ****, its an easy way for someone to LOOK like they care without actually having to do anything. 

4 hours ago, NotAPassenger said:

Isn't $1 dollar of every remaining ticket sale for the remainder of the show going to some charity? I forget which one.. 

yes, the nevada childhood cancer facility. she raised so much they were able to make a whole wing in her honor. yet people want to complain that shes not tweeting about political issues. i prefer ACTION over tweets personally :kisses:

40 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

privilege is when something comes to you without any effort, not any advantage just because even if you worked for it. it would be wrong of me to call her a privileged woman when i know she's worked pretty much for 30 years to have an economically stable life. 

She has millions of dollars to use at her disposal for any difficult situation that may arise. Not everyone else has that luxury and that gives her privilege. She worked hard, but so do many other people at their manual labor jobs every day. You're telling me outdoor repairmen in the hot *** sun have it easier than a pop star who's pampered and groomed every day? Unfortunately many of those blue collar jobs don't pay as well as being a pop star does regardless of the amount of work they put in. Britney dances for a living, and she's not even doing a very good job at it. Getting paid millions a week for half assing is the very definition of privilege.

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She has millions of dollars to use at her disposal for any difficult situation that may arise. Not everyone else has that luxury and that gives her privilege. She worked hard, but so do many other people at their manual labor jobs every day. You're telling me outdoor repairmen in the hot *** sun have it easier than a pop star who's pampered and groomed every day? Unfortunately many of those blue collar jobs don't pay as well as being a pop star does regardless of the amount of work they put in. Britney dances for a living, and she's not even doing a very good job at it. Getting paid millions a week for half assing is the very definition of privilege.

she didn't go until the manual labor industry though...she went into entertainment which pays more

do i think blue collar jobs should pay more? absolutely, but they are different industries. that's like comparing someone who studied medicine to someone to preferred to work retail - both are good jobs but the nature of it is that there is a pay gap

who says she doesn't do a lot of charity already? there's a lot behind the scenes that she does and doesn't do that we'll never. Ultimately it's up to the person to decide what to do with their money. What are you doing with yours? I'm sure you're not a millionaire but you can always volunteer to give something since very cent counts. If you're not, you must be privileged then.

I'm not going into an argument with this cuz i respect you and i respect your opinion even if it's different from mine.

Archived