Are we done blaming lack of promo for Britney's lack of success ?

Roger

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, RussianFan said:

Thanks to that promo she didn't flop hard in fact MM has sold as much as CTTR by Katy. Album did ok. If she had ticket deal it would have sold more than Gagas or Katy's first weeks. 

Just goes to show you how much the promo really did help.

4 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

"The internet" says CTTR sold 3 million WW, while it's not possible to find updated MM WW sales figures. Once again, receipts to prove the claim you made? :whitney:

I would legit kill to make Britney's next single sell 3M WW pure sales :triggered:

It's not the lack of promo or Britney's 'laziness' as some of you like to blame.

It's her label and team's cheapness and lack of confidence in her
In today's music industry, with everything online and streaming... everyone is bombarded with content overload.  It's hard to stand out against the millions of videos and memes out there.  Heck, most of the videos on YouTube's 'Trending'  list are not really trending, but they are paid spots.... same with Spotify.  The labels pay for exposure, trending and spins on various lists.  A lot of big name artists are flopping recently, and it's mostly tween stars that are getting bigger numbers (obviously because the younger gens are raised on being online and their labels are paying more for those spots).  Unfortunately, it's not easy for Britney to do what she wants because she's under the conservatorship.  Someone of her caliber and legacy, should just leave all labels, start her own independent label, and have full creative control (i.e. like the Blackout era)... it allowed her to experiment, work with producers she wanted to work with, and create music she's passionate about.  It would also allow her to get better choreographers since they're probably limited to the ones her team/label gives them.  Even recently with the lip sync fiasco, you can tell she was more angry about it this time around, because I'm pretty sure her team doesn't allow her to do anything she wants... even in FTR, she wanted songs she wanted to perform and selected singles, but they went against her choices.  It's obvious they don't trust or value her creativity and talent anymore.

6 hours ago, Derrick said:

Britney is to blame for her lack of success in recent years. She doesn't want it. Ya'll can make your polls and throw around your ideas and plans for a successful era but you wont get it. This is what we get, get used to it already. :gloss:

haha what? if she doesn't want success then why was she trying hard to make glory a success by doing all the promo? she's irrelevant to today's audience that's why she's not successful 

1 hour ago, jennyj said:

It's not the lack of promo or Britney's 'laziness' as some of you like to blame.

It's her label and team's cheapness and lack of confidence in her
In today's music industry, with everything online and streaming... everyone is bombarded with content overload.  It's hard to stand out against the millions of videos and memes out there.  Heck, most of the videos on YouTube's 'Trending'  list are not really trending, but they are paid spots.... same with Spotify.  The labels pay for exposure, trending and spins on various lists.  A lot of big name artists are flopping recently, and it's mostly tween stars that are getting bigger numbers (obviously because the younger gens are raised on being online and their labels are paying more for those spots).  Unfortunately, it's not easy for Britney to do what she wants because she's under the conservatorship.  Someone of her caliber and legacy, should just leave all labels, start her own independent label, and have full creative control (i.e. like the Blackout era)... it allowed her to experiment, work with producers she wanted to work with, and create music she's passionate about.  It would also allow her to get better choreographers since they're probably limited to the ones her team/label gives them.  Even recently with the lip sync fiasco, you can tell she was more angry about it this time around, because I'm pretty sure her team doesn't allow her to do anything she wants... even in FTR, she wanted songs she wanted to perform and selected singles, but they went against her choices.  It's obvious they don't trust or value her creativity and talent anymore.

There's no doubt that the conservatorship stunted her artistic growth, so I do have sympathy there.  I definitely agree with you there that she should  start her own independent label in the future.

Regarding Glory, does anyone know how much Britney actually talked about the album in interviews?

It seemed that she barely even talked about any of it in on camera interviews.

Archived