Once upon a time, Jessica Simpson tries to be Britney

sutramaya

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved her Irresistible album! I also loved her look! I remember when I first saw the Irresistible video, I was with a friend. She kept telling me this wasn't Britney and I kept telling her it was. I eventually lost the bet when I saw her name. I watched the video over and over and I couldn't believe this wasn't Britney. I wish she continued in that direction. It fit her a lot minus the dancing. I swear all the popstars that came out in the late 90's and lasted were awesome. We're never gonna have another Xtina, Jessica, Mandy, Britney and even J-lo. You can also include Lindsay and Hilary. They all dominated the pop world and made an impact in some way. I don't know if the new pop girls will be able to do that. The rivalries, their talents, the drama etc..

Britney and Xtina (no matter what you all say about her) were really something in their primes. Not just how they were pitted against each other, but the musical directions they took, how differently shocking they were, how they performed together with Madonna despite being 'rivals'. Now, it's like we have beyonce and no one else is in her league. Gaga is too different from Beyonce. Beyonce is too different than Selena Gomez. Selena is too different than Kesha etc... There's no connection between the new pop stars anymore. 

Archived