do you think Britney can sing?

JP9101

18 minutes ago, button said:

he openly questions Britney's talent on her own forum but he's not a hater, we are. interesting right? :whitney:

We may not like each other but even i have to agree with this one. Just sayin :forkit:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, button said:

he openly questions Britney's talent on her own forum but he's not a hater, we are. interesting right? :whitney:

Very interesting for y'all..Development is real.. :sassybrit:

I think that she can sing and is talented enough to do her studio songs at least decent justice on stage. But I don't really expect her to sing live again any time soon, if ever again. I would be shocked if she did an entire concert completely live, or if she actually sang over her backing track for a song or two. She had so many opportunities this past year, and chose to ignore them and the potential they had to reinvent her image. Apple Music Fest was the perfect place to do a great live show, so we're just going to have to wait and be surprised. 

Absolutely.  Yeah, she doesn't sing live, but her studio vocals are usually pretty good.  Glory definitely proved to me that she can still sing.  I mean, 'Clumsy', 'Liar', 'What You Need', 'Love Me Down', 'Just Like Me', and 'Make Me' have some of her best vocals in years.  And her recent live rendition of 'Happy Birthday' was on point, too (and a million times better than what we heard on X-Factor).

I feel like people write her off as a singer because she lip-syncs (which is understandable if misguided) and because she isn't a powerhouse belter like Adele, Christina, etc.  If those same people would delve into some of her deep cuts, where she serves vocals, I think they'd be surprised.

Yes, she can can sing. But all in all she's a studio vocalist. Under comfortable conditions, and with multiple takes, she can slay a song in the studio.

When she sings live, often times she is extremely pitchy and doesn't have the proper breath support. In general it's hard to recreate the sound of a pop song in a live setting because of all the production magic, and she's an artist who is heavily realized by studio production. She provides a solid base for producers to run off and make magic with. 

She doesn't take care of her voice either or practice for arena settings. A lot of other vocalists like Mariah, Ariana, Adelle...prefer to still attempt to sing live, but they also rely upon studio magic, and keep destroying their voices by trying to sing live the kind of stuff that only happens perfectly after multiple takes in the studio. 

Pop music is really tricky because if an artist is recorded hitting certain notes once, it's expected that they can do that any & every time...even after dancing their ***** off. But that's just not how singing actually works. 

I think she does but she has been lacking training for YEARS and that's why she can't (or doesn't care to) sing live at her shows. I know it is rodiculous to expect her to sing 100% live and put on a show that can be physically exhausting for an hour and a half but she should have pre-recorded vocals and sing along as much as she can because it's her job. 

I hope someday she sings a ballad fully live again

Guest Arckangel

@JP9101, seriously... Didn't Britney recently made headlines for saying she does sing live, and it's just a mixture of her live voice and a little bit of playback, and that it pisses her off she's not given enough credit for singing and dancing at the same time?

“How much of your show, um, is with playback, backed up with playback, how much of it is live?” an interviewer asked.

“I’m glad you’re addressing this question because it’s really funny. A lot of people think I don’t sing live. Because I’m dancing so much, um, I do have a little bit of playback, but there’s a mixture of my voice and the playback,” Spears responded. “It really pisses me off because I’m busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever gives me credit for it, you know?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-sings-happy-birthday-live-amid-lip-synch-rumors-w490690

Whether or not she was being honest, the fact is most of what we hear sounds just like the studio versions, but she insists it's her live voice too! Adam Leber, Larry Rudolph and Kurt Melien also made similar statements. At this point, it's like they won't even admit it to themselves it's full playback we're hearing. Seems like a lost cause to me. That Happy Birthday moment was a stunner, we want more of that, but Britney keeps up hanging and begging for more, and it's been going on for years! 

At this point, it's just ridiculous. A P!nk fan reading this would see this whole thing as pathetic—completely absurd and pathetic. No other pop star leaves their fans begging for live vocals like that. The only solution would be for all fans and the general public to totally boycott her shows until she truly decides to sing live and her team makes sure it's what comes out of the speakers! That or we just assume it's live and let it be!

I do believe she can sing. She's done it before and her recent Happy Birthday actually impressed me. She sang it beautifully, did some runs and ****. 

Which is why I'm annoyed that she never sings live. She denies but at the end of the day all we hear is the studio version of the song played on stage. 

What's more frustrating is that even the ballads aren't sung live. Maybe she's not confident enough with her voice or she's too lazy to attempt singing and doing it justice on stage.

She really needs to step it up, especially when it comes to award shows that everybody including the GP watches, she needs to be taken seriously. Whenever the topic of singing comes up she's being dragged left and right and it's clear people think she's untalented. 

Archived