i just watched crossroads again for the first time in 15 years

Andrew338

The movie didn't do well with the critics, but I think it was because of the movie, as a whole, and not necessarily targeted toward Britney. It was a cute movie and I still watch it from time to time and enjoy it. If I remember correctly, a lot of critics actually said she was a fine actress and did well with what was given to her. Taryn and Zoe always have nice things to say about Britney whenever asked about her and the movie as well, so I'm sure it was something that they're proud of/grateful for.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Crossroads was a cute, inoffensive, typical teen road movie and she's very charismatic thru out.   I actually have a problem with how each individual storyline for the girls ends up being tragic.  Like damn.  Lucy's mom doesn't want her, Kit's fiancee cheats on her, and Mimi looses her baby -- it's all too depressing for the sake of being "real."  But luckily there's actual chemistry with all the leads and it's too bad Britney hasn't done more acting.  She's auditioned for several roles in the past and has been praised for them by directors, but unfortunately the stigma attached to her name/Crossroads is still strong.  I'm here for Britney, the Actress. :carpoolney:

Also, I like that Britney sings live during this movie.  :urite:

32 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

I thought Crossroads was a cute, inoffensive, typical teen road movie and she's very charismatic thru out.   I actually have a problem with how each individual storyline for the girls ends up being tragic.  Like damn.  Lucy's mom doesn't want her, Kit's fiancee cheats on her, and Mimi looses her baby -- it's all too depressing for the sake of being "real."  But luckily there's actual chemistry with all the leads and it's too bad Britney hasn't done more acting.  She's auditioned for several roles in the past and has been praised for them by directors, but unfortunately the stigma attached to her name/Crossroads is still strong.  I'm here for Britney, the Actress. :carpoolney:

Also, I like that Britney sings live during this movie.  :urite:

I think she was really close to getting the lead in The Notebook. If Rachel McAdams hadn't auditioned, Britney would've gotten it. 

I think the problem with Britney's "acting" recently is that she just wings it and doesn't give herself time to prepare for the role. She also blinks a lot, I've noticed. 

Archived