i just watched crossroads again for the first time in 15 years

Andrew338

and she sucks *** as an actress

:tiffcackle:

I mean she is so sweet and smoking hot, but girl can't act. HER FRIEND HAD JUST LOST A BABY AND ALL SHE COULD DO WAS CLOSE HER EYES AND PRETEND TO BE HURT, LIKE, NO TEARS REALLY? :whitney:

zoe and taryn really saved that movie, and the music of course.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a typical "let's have a female celeb in a movie" kind of plot. I mean the story is soooo cringeworthy and sooo typical that it actually is quite boring. Oh and that innocent behavior from her character isn't doing anything good at all. I get that some people are innocent but they portray Lucy as the holy saint lmao.

Britney is a good actress when it comes to comedy. Her How I Met Your Mother and Will & Grace appearance are TO DIE FOR. I think she is perfect for comedy roles but not that cliché hollywood kind of movie that Crossroads is.. .

i agree :orangu: though the crying scene was good. The storyline isn't bad, but she's not a very good actress (she's good for comedy though)

people were just trying to milk on her fame so might as well do a movie with her while she's on top of the world. I remember that one of the things people didn't like was her character, she didn't make it believable 

4 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

It's just a typical "let's have a female celeb in a movie" kind of plot. I mean the story is soooo cringeworthy and sooo typical that it actually is quite boring. Oh and that innocent behavior from her character isn't doing anything good at all. I get that some people are innocent but they portray Lucy as the holy saint lmao.

Britney is a good actress when it comes to comedy. Her How I Met Your Mother and Will & Grace appearance are TO DIE FOR. I think she is perfect for comedy roles but not that cliché hollywood kind of movie that Crossroads is.. .

i literally wrote the same thing just differently without noticing :orangu: 

that's why it's a once-in-life-time experience. i really hope she doesn't try to do more films or series in the future. UNLESS she takes a training or something in acting. 

her last experiences were kinda bad too after it (Will & Grace, Glee, etc). 

13 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

i totally agree, she did good in 2015 episode of Jane the virgin.

:yay:

Okay, I hate to admit it, but Britney really isn't that great of an actress. Like you never really get absorbed in the story, you always know she's "acting".

Of course, the story itself didn't help. It's pretty bland and the dialogue is so generic. Shanda Rhimes has drastically improved her screenplay writing skills since then.

Archived