Is Glory that good?

kutayuysaler

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Glory is her best album so far that she's released in the 2010s decade. Glory is the closest to feeling like a "Britney" type album mainly with the vocals, it feels like Britney when I am listening to it. I don't get that same feeling off FF & Definitely not Belinda Joanne . :wannadie:

We will see if B10 is released in this decade or by 2020 what it brings. 

But in overall discography I would say this album is more in the middle of being one of my faves Like between 4th-6th fave. :queenflopga:

I feel like one half of Glory is very mainstream. 

Slumber Party, Just Luv Me, Better sound like they could be from Purpose/ Revival. Invitation too, but her vocals are much more ethereal than Gomez's or Bieber's (?)

Clumsy sounds like a 2014 reject. Mood Ring belongs on anti.

Love Me Down (as much as I love it), is pretty generic, but it has it own Britney-esque flavour with her ad-libs etc.

The rest of the album, however, is not as commercial/ mainstream.

I have yet to hear a mainstream song such as Make Me. If I'm Dancing, Coupure Électrique, and What You Need (as much as y'all hate) are probably the most experimental tracks off the album. Liar, Hard To Forget Ya and Man On The Moon sound like throwback tracks (having that early 2000s sound), but no-one else is currently doing that sound, so props to her for including a throwback sound. Do You Wanna Come Over is classic Britney, its instrumental reminds me of Heaven On Earth, with that bass-y wobbling sound. 

Just Like Me (even with its cringey lyrics), has some of her best vocals at the start of the verses. Private Show too is experimental with its sound

Lastly, Change Your Mind, is one of the highlights. The original Despacito. 

Archived