We lowered our standards and expectations (Dancing)

OopsOverprotected

Guest thanos18
19 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This, honestly. She looked great and the outfit is killer but she was nervous as ****, she had that deer in the headlights look during Work *****. By Rock n Roll she loosened up a bit but I don't get why the Slave break can't be executed like it used to be. She used to be a lot more fluid and looser with the moves, now it just looks really calculated. She doesn't even touch the floor like it's supposed to be done, she just smacks her knees.

well slave was not bad.it was her best since 2004. well she doesn't touch the floor since 2008-9 we should get used to it.aside from that part she was good.primeney will never coming back.we should be happy at least that currentney it's better than 2010-2014 days.  look at that video from comparison .slave break BBMAS 2016 was not bad.

1:05-1:15 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

To be honest, I have no more expectations regarding her dancing. I understood that Primeney will never come back. I'm happy that she still does live performances and put out great music once in a while.

As for the BBMA's performance, I actually don't think it was that good. However I like the outfit, the use of new vocals, the Toxic part, but most of all her attitude from ILRNR to the end (on some pics, you can literally see Primeney's fire on her eyes). So is it her best performance post-2007? Maybe. My favorite tho, will always be this one:

I mean, I hate the fact that she cuts a lot of the original choreo from Andre (if you don't know what I'm talking about check the spoilers), but what she kept of it was done perfectly. Her body, her moves and the stage were all on point!

Hide contents

I will never understand why she didn't do the full routine for the GMAs and kept literally the most basic parts (except the leg lift which was awesome) and then cut it completely from where tour.

The original routine is so good and cool and you can see she executes it really well.

I agree that her attitude approved. 

Especially in 2012 she was always being awkward. 

I remember seeing this and thinking in the first second "Wow Britney can't dance at all" and then one second later I was like omg NO she used to slay our lives. IDK things changed so much after 2009. I agree that her dancing wasn't that great during Circus era but damn it was still MRS BRITNEY SPEARS - she had attitude and she was fierce. 

But after FF it was all over. XFACTORney was awkward-mom level 100 and in 2014 she gained back her attitude a little. Glory era showed us attitude as well.. but idk it doesn't feel like Britney Spears anymore. Sometimes maybe. 

20 hours ago, Jay Holiday said:

I get what he's saying. hte Britney "swag" is still there in the Circus performance. It's like she still knew she was mother ******* Britney Spears. Now and days it's like she has this idea in her head that she's not cool or whatever. Britney now has ZERO swag. I

But how do you lose Charisma? Once you have it you have it.

16 minutes ago, Onyx1126 said:

The Industry has lost a lot of its power on stage esp when it comes to dancing..

The bar/standard is low across the board 

I agree. Record labels aren't looking for artist who can dance well and has natural star quality and charisma and that x factor on stage. 

2 hours ago, KatLove said:

But how do you lose Charisma? Once you have it you have it.

Britney's inner star power/light/charisma is off the charts.. there are many factors for this but mostly... there has been/is a lot of shade being thrown her way.. it started to really amp up once OIDIA hit big & it was cemented that she was more than just a fly by night pop act. 

The fans & the public make a lot of excuses for her (yes this doesn't sound great but I have a point).. they bash her voice, her style, her lip syncing but yet they are still invested in the product. Even when Britney was struggling to perform the same way (which her stage performances were said to be her "only power") they still bought tickets, tuned in & loved the music.. that's a HUGE DEAL of natural charisma right there!! There are very few artists, if any, that could survive even one of those widespread critical reaction. 

Britney has something special & there is not much that could break the IT FACTOR she has.. her public dissolution went on in the media for YEARS!! We are talking career ending stuff!! Other celebs have suffered similar "breakdowns" on much smaller scales & their brand is totally worthless afterwords. 

Britney is STILL selling out shows!!! The stadium shows this summer we're massive box office breaking shows & that is at a time where people in here say she is over!! Vegas continues to draw audiences from all over the Country/Globe & it's been 4-5 years!! There we're industry professionals who predicted that 2 years would be a miracle lol 

Music sales & charting really is a back burner issue for The Britney Brand.. she still has a massive grip on her career 2 decades in & that's even with the odds stacked against her.. It's pretty crazy 

2 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

Britney's inner star power/light/charisma is off the charts.. there are many factors for this but mostly... there has been/is a lot of shade being thrown her way.. it started to really amp up once OIDIA hit big & it was cemented that she was more than just a fly by night pop act. 

The fans & the public make a lot of excuses for her (yes this doesn't sound great but I have a point).. they bash her voice, her style, her lip syncing but yet they are still invested in the product. Even when Britney was struggling to perform the same way (which her stage performances were said to be her "only power") they still bought tickets, tuned in & loved the music.. that's a HUGE DEAL of natural charisma right there!! There are very few artists, if any, that could survive even one of those widespread critical reaction. 

Britney has something special & there is not much that could break the IT FACTOR she has.. her public dissolution went on in the media for YEARS!! We are talking career ending stuff!! Other celebs have suffered similar "breakdowns" on much smaller scales & their brand is totally worthless afterwords. 

Britney is STILL selling out shows!!! The stadium shows this summer we're massive box office breaking shows & that is at a time where people in here say she is over!! Vegas continues to draw audiences from all over the Country/Globe & it's been 4-5 years!! There we're industry professionals who predicted that 2 years would be a miracle lol 

Music sales & charting really is a back burner issue for The Britney Brand.. she still has a massive grip on her career 2 decades in & that's even with the odds stacked against her.. It's pretty crazy 

Why do you think no one after her is a phenomenon, has natural star quality/power/light, stage presence and charisma? Why don't pop singers dance anymore? What happened to the industry? 

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2017 at 4:53 PM, Onyx1126 said:

On 8/12/2017 at 6:26 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Of course we did. What were you expecting us to do after FF era, the first POM legs, etc? You have two choices: keep expecting the best from her and setting up for a big meltdown everytime she does something now, or just expect the worst of the worst, and be happily surprised when she delivers something at least moderately good. Some call that "being ok with mediocrity" but I prefer to see things that way than stay pressed and bitter because she'll never be or do what I would expect to, based on my wishes and her past self and not in the reality that we see nowadays. Of course there's always the hope of her becoming better and better performer, but we now it won't happen overnight

There was a thread the other day when someone asked us about what we prefer, if a hot looking Britney that lipsynced for her life or a fat Britney singing live and melodies from the heart. The topic was of course very polemic and extreme, but after 2007, FFney, Wigney seriously the only hopes that I had left was for Britney to at least look good onstage  if she wasn't going to perform as in her prime days. So yeah, BBMA 2016 isn't anywhere close to her primer performances, but at least she looked great, and that's something I wouldn't have put my money on, after deadeye-ney or the horrible wigs she wore for Vegas. So I'm thankful for that, as frivolous as it sounds.

8 minutes ago, Just Because said:

I wonder if Britney named her new residencey Domination because she plans on Dominating  the music industry again......

Can you imagine????????  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!?

:airpls:

On 8/13/2017 at 11:56 PM, KatLove said:

Why do you think no one after her is a phenomenon, has natural star quality/power/light, stage presence and charisma? Why don't pop singers dance anymore? What happened to the industry? 

Money.people Are not buying albums so less money for choreography and training. Less people with charisma need to be musicians e.t.c they can be social media stars. 

Archived