We lowered our standards and expectations (Dancing)

OopsOverprotected

Just now, Jay Holiday said:

I get what he's saying. hte Britney "swag" is still there in the Circus performance. It's like she still knew she was mother ******* Britney Spears. Now and days it's like she has this idea in her head that she's not cool or whatever. Britney now has ZERO swag. I

I would like to have a time machine to show you the reactions to that performance :nicki2:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, really really cool guy said:

I would like to have a time machine to show you the reactions to that performance :nicki2:

I saw it live that morning. I woke up at 7AM to watch it. I was on here as it was happening :wyd:

There's a such thing as retrospect, you know. According to y'all, it happens here often, and also according to y'all, will even happen long after the Glory era is a thing of the past. :nickishade:

4 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Well back then the standard was Primeney. Britney always moved like Britney. After 2011-2013, that standard was drastically changed so now that Circus performance is seen as great because Britney went even lower... :woopsie:

6 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

yeah that was not long after her prime, people expected 2002 britney to show up and she didn't. compare it to what we get now and its not that bad a performance, her attitude is what makes it watchable, i can't even sit through most of her performances nowadays the cringe is unbearable

she's just walking in a very insecure way. watch it again. maybe they all love it now because she looked really good. everything was on point: hair, makeup, outfit, body. now we don't get all those things at once. if she has good makeup her outfits get cheaper and more unflattering   :nicki2:

what are you watching? :umwtf: anyway your opinion is irrelevant to me now since you tried to drag janet to make britney look better, ultimate fail :flawlessbye:

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well back then the standard was Primeney. Britney always moved like Britney. After 2011-2013, that standard was drastically changed so now that Circus performance is seen as great because Britney went even lower... :woopsie:

Exaaaaaaactly. Which says alot actually :crying2:

Of course we did. What were you expecting us to do after FF era, the first POM legs, etc? You have two choices: keep expecting the best from her and setting up for a big meltdown everytime she does something now, or just expect the worst of the worst, and be happily surprised when she delivers something at least moderately good. Some call that "being ok with mediocrity" but I prefer to see things that way than stay pressed and bitter because she'll never be or do what I would expect to, based on my wishes and her past self and not in the reality that we see nowadays. Of course there's always the hope of her becoming better and better performer, but we now it won't happen overnight

There was a thread the other day when someone asked us about what we prefer, if a hot looking Britney that lipsynced for her life or a fat Britney singing live and melodies from the heart. The topic was of course very polemic and extreme, but after 2007, FFney, Wigney seriously the only hopes that I had left was for Britney to at least look good onstage  if she wasn't going to perform as in her prime days. So yeah, BBMA 2016 isn't anywhere close to her primer performances, but at least she looked great, and that's something I wouldn't have put my money on, after deadeye-ney or the horrible wigs she wore for Vegas. So I'm thankful for that, as frivolous as it sounds.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I rewatched those FF promo performances and oh my... the BFB ones... :woopsie:

Now THOSE are cringeworthy. I can't at people saying that currentny is just as bad or worse then FFT. Like do some of y'all have amnesia ? :girlwhat:

13 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

why would I be relevant to you or anyone else in this pop forum :wyd:

and the comments weren't good....she was dragged by her fan base 

Relax. I was joking with you. Hence the face i used. :walkoff:

5 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

this performance was HATED back then....she's just walking ffs. why is it so loved now? 

Because: 1-she had the Primeney face and 2-in some moments she is doing things that amateur dancers can't do, now she do the same moves a "normal" person could do. Btw sorry for my English :outwithit:

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Not gonna drag this performance as it really is quite good, however the fact that its the only GOOD performance from 2010 to 2017 is disturbing, everything in between was lackluster and horrible. The fact she even has the audacity to be pissed people are not praising her for literally half assing everything she does and never singing live...sometimes i dont get her tbh

Dont be stupid. Pom 2.0 in February of last year says hi.  It wasn't like her prime, but it was the closest she's been in years.   it saddens me that people seem to have forgotten this glorious time. 

Except the BBMAs performance was easily on par with many performances at her peak, especially the 'Slave' breakdown.  The very beginning was a bit stiff, but she slayed otherwise.  Just check the media coverage, most of which agreed that she killed it.

I go back and forth with her current dancing.  Obviously she has a lot of room for improvement, but she's come so far in the last few years that I can't help but be proud of her.  I mean, 2011-13 vs. 2016-17- it's like night and day.  That edge/charisma/fierceness that she was missing is back in full force.  She's been feeling herself again, and it shows. 

Archived