We lowered our standards and expectations (Dancing)

OopsOverprotected

2 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

To be honest, I have no more expectations regarding her dancing. I understood that Primeney will never come back. I'm happy that she still does live performances and put out great music once in a while.

As for the BBMA's performance, I actually don't think it was that good. However I like the outfit, the use of new vocals, the Toxic part, but most of all her attitude from ILRNR to the end (on some pics, you can literally see Primeney's fire on her eyes). So is it her best performance post-2007? Maybe. My favorite tho, will always be this one:

I mean, I hate the fact that she cuts a lot of the original choreo from Andre (if you don't know what I'm talking about check the spoilers), but what she kept of it was done perfectly. Her body, her moves and the stage were all on point!

Reveal hidden contents

this performance was HATED back then....she's just walking ffs. why is it so loved now? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I really don't understand her lol. She's so flexible, like is it a robot on stage? :orangu: 

idk what happens on stage because she doesn't look uncomfortable on stage, whatever it is its britney's responsibility to put on the best show she can and she just doesn't seem to care, unless she genuninely thinks she's "busting her ***" :umwtf: and i hope she's not as delusional as some of her fans 

2 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

this performance was HATED back then....she's just walking ffs. why is it so loved now? 

its not a great performance but its a good example of what i've been talking about, she still had that x factor or "swag" in her performances, she looked comfortable and relaxed whereas now she looks so stiff and awkward & she doesn't do that walk she used to do she just skips & its tragic to watch

I was (and still) happy with this performance, because after those horrible 2011 performances at the BBMAs I felt like everyone could see that she has improved and is slowly becoming a great performer like she was in the early 2000s. 

However, yes if this was Primeney doing the exact same performance with the same energy then I'd think she's stiff and a bit tired maybe. Still a big improvement from 2011 though, but could be much much better. The choreo sucks in general (especially in POM). 

13 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

She obviously had much better stage presence and charisma then than she does now.  She has very little charisma in 2017.

14 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

idk what happens on stage because she doesn't look uncomfortable on stage, whatever it is its britney's responsibility to put on the best show she can and she just doesn't seem to care, unless she genuninely thinks she's "busting her ***" :umwtf: and i hope she's not as delusional as some of her fans 

People like Paula Abdul, Jlo and Janet make Britney look totally lazy and open to scrutiny.

Just now, zxcvb said:

She obviously had much better stage presence and charisma then than she does now.  She has very little charisma in 2017.

People like Paula Abdul, Jlo and Janet make Britney look totally lazy and open to scrutiny.

they don't make her look lazy, she IS lazy and I agree with your reply above

27 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Like I said this is my favorite performance, not the best (this is probably BBMA 2015) but it's my favorite because, when she did choreo, her moves were on point, prime-ney could have done them in my opinion. The outfit, the stage and, of course, the song were all great too. Plus she seemed confortable doing the whole permormance.

50 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

its not a great performance but its a good example of what i've been talking about, she still had that x factor or "swag" in her performances, she looked comfortable and relaxed whereas now she looks so stiff and awkward & she doesn't do that walk she used to do she just skips & its tragic to watch

she has her moments tho....this leg's first show was not that badactually 

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

^ This.:uknowit:

I remember very clearly everyone ragging on Britney during this time cause all she did was "walk around stage". And now the Circus era is heralded as the best thing ever. SMH. Yes it was the best tour PRODUCTION WISE but BRitney herself was NOT there FOR IT. I will say this though., You can def see the difference in attitude and energy. 2008 Britney gave little energy but she was still fluid in her movements and she still felt the music and she still had that.... natural britneyesque sexuality about her. CUrrent Britneyu while she gives a lot of energy is welllll... lackluster and repetitive and comes across as cheesy with the faces she makes on stage. 2008 Britney when it came to facial expressions didn't come across as forced or cheesy. It was natural. I can see why people make the Circus era out to be better then what it was BUT they need to take as step back and really realize that performance wise. Current Britney gives more energy. She just needs to stop being so spastic on stage. I would actually like to see current Britney go back in time and do the circus tour. Would be interesting :sippinga:

1 hour ago, LoanSPW said:

Like I said this is my favorite performance, not the best (this is probably BBMA 2015) but it's my favorite because, when she did choreo, her moves were on point, prime-ney could have done them in my opinion. The outfit, the stage and, of course, the song were all great too. Plus she seemed confortable doing the whole permormance.

I get what you're trying to say. It's hard to articulate. Lol

Guest $elfish
3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I really don't understand her lol. She's so flexible, like is it a robot on stage? :orangu: 

maybe it's stage fright

Spoiler

doesn't make sense either since she has been performing since she was 8 :calculating:

maybe the meltdown made her scared of going on stage:nocomprende:

Guest $elfish
3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

everyone has their own taste :bwink: 

Spoiler

i low-key love the 07 gimme more performance and would pick it over anything recent:crying11:

I liked BBMA's 2016. I liked that there's that moment where her stiff mannerisms sort of melt and she gains confidence and uses it throughout the rest of the song.

But.... yeah. I can't say, "If this was Primeney....", because it never would be. Even during her laziest era dancing wise, Primeney would kill it. It's about the delivery just as much as the choreo, and she's faltering on both these days.

:yaknow:

Just now, really really cool guy said:

Charisma? :nicki2:

Yeah, like how fluid and fierce that intro on top of the cage was. Little things like that make a difference but now it's all gone apart from a few outbursts like in 2014 but now? It's so mechanical. I'm happy she has energy again though, it was even worse to see her so sluggish during 2011.

Just now, really really cool guy said:

Charisma? :nicki2:

I get what he's saying. hte Britney "swag" is still there in the Circus performance. It's like she still knew she was mother ******* Britney Spears. Now and days it's like she has this idea in her head that she's not cool or whatever. Britney now has ZERO swag. I

Archived