We lowered our standards and expectations (Dancing)

OopsOverprotected

So just to be clear... this is not supposed to be a negative thread just an observation.

So I was rewatching the BBMA 2016 performance of Brit and I'm glad she was back on stage and performed all her hits.

The thing is just.. her dancing was good but for a performer like Britney we would expect much more especially before releasing a new single. People want to see Britney perform and be an actual DANCER. Especially if she lips all the time. I don't care about lipping really... but when you do lip-sync then please put more effort in your dancing. 

If Britney performed like this in 2004 we would've said like... what was wrong with Brit? She seemed so lazy today. 

She wasn't (as usual) moving her hips and IDK it looked kinda stiff. Even tho they used the original Slave choreo... it was stiff.

I even watched reaction videos to her performance and noticed the same thing which made me really sad.

I think she was really into the Toxic part because that was the only part where I thought like "wow... that's good old Britney style".

I think she and her team really need to step up the choreos. That would change A LOT in a positive way. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna drag this performance as it really is quite good, however the fact that its the only GOOD performance from 2010 to 2017 is disturbing, everything in between was lackluster and horrible. The fact she even has the audacity to be pissed people are not praising her for literally half assing everything she does and never singing live...sometimes i dont get her tbh

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

Primeney will never come-back :outwithit: 

From 2008 to 2017, she probably reached her (dancing) peak in 2016, don't expect too much.

36 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

i was impressed with this performance BASED on her more recent performances. but compared to her prime its **** unfortunately. 04 britney would be cackling over this lbr :tiffcackle:

This, honestly. She looked great and the outfit is killer but she was nervous as ****, she had that deer in the headlights look during Work *****. By Rock n Roll she loosened up a bit but I don't get why the Slave break can't be executed like it used to be. She used to be a lot more fluid and looser with the moves, now it just looks really calculated. She doesn't even touch the floor like it's supposed to be done, she just smacks her knees.

I don't understand why they don't create choreography that matches her past style. She looks breezy in rehearsal and stiff on stage so that makes sense for her to be nervous. But why are some of the moves just naturally robotic? Some of her choreography like TTWE and Crazy in Vegas are twitchy and just weird. She needs more stuff like BOM and TOMH or the original Make Me choreography and SP. I would rather Britney not perform songs that require dancing on live TV if she's doing Vegas because the choreography will be lacking. The Toxic breakdown shows that she can bring good energy and fluidity to her routines. Maybe the 10 minute performance isn't the best idea for her at this point. Just do one big performance for 3-4 minutes and make it incredible. 

Guest $elfish

landscape-1471516531-britney-spears-air-

i love that performance and i agree with what you said about us expecting less which is really tragic tbh although i wish she performed make me at least we didn't need touch of my hand , breathe on me and i love rock n roll she could have switched them out for glory songs 

but oh well:outwithit:

To be honest, I have no more expectations regarding her dancing. I understood that Primeney will never come back. I'm happy that she still does live performances and put out great music once in a while.

As for the BBMA's performance, I actually don't think it was that good. However I like the outfit, the use of new vocals, the Toxic part, but most of all her attitude from ILRNR to the end (on some pics, you can literally see Primeney's fire on her eyes). So is it her best performance post-2007? Maybe. My favorite tho, will always be this one:

I mean, I hate the fact that she cuts a lot of the original choreo from Andre (if you don't know what I'm talking about check the spoilers), but what she kept of it was done perfectly. Her body, her moves and the stage were all on point!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This, honestly. She looked great and the outfit is killer but she was nervous as ****, she had that deer in the headlights look during Work *****. By Rock n Roll she loosened up a bit but I don't get why the Slave break can't be executed like it used to be. She used to be a lot more fluid and looser with the moves, now it just looks really calculated. She doesn't even touch the floor like it's supposed to be done, she just smacks her knees.

there's not even an excuse for it either. this ***** is doing yoga and contorting herself in all sorts of ways on instagram yet she can't even bend her knees?! 

Archived