That Britney / Justin / Timbaland Collaboration Apparently Exists

Jordan Miller

• Leader

If we are to believe a new report, Timbaland has confirmed that Britney and Justin recorded together.

If we are to believe a new report, Timbaland has confirmed that Britney and Justin recorded together.

Back in April, Timbaland went on a "liking" spree of Justney posts on Instagram (he liked over a hundred pictures of them together). That liking fiesta occurred on the same night Tim hit the studio with JT, Pharrell Williams, Danja and Chad Hugo. Then, Justin's mom, Lynn Harless, also started "liking" photos of them on Instagram, and began following Britney, Jamie Lynn, mom Lynne, Kevin Federline and Brit's assistant Felicia. The most bizarre occurrence? Timberlake Re-Tweeted a Tweet he posted four years ago about Britney, then moments later reversed the RT. The Tweet was originally posted in 2013 after reports swirled claiming JT called his famous ex a *****. Here's that quote: "Sometimes in life, you think you found the one. But then one day you find out, that she is just some *****!" Like, what the actual?

This was too much for the millennial Britney stans to handle, and it prompted a very serious question: Are Britney Jean Spears and Justin Randall Timberlake finally recording together on a Timbaland-produced track? While we can't know for sure, one blog is claiming to have the tea, and according to them... THE ANSWER IS YES!

How is this coming up again? Why now? Let's explain: The hilarious ladies behind Pop University Blog gave BreatheHeavy a heads about their recent podcast. In the audio clip posted to their site, they detail a recent mission to talk with Timbaland during a taping of ABC's Boy Band where he's a featured judge architect. During a break, the duo ran up to him and started chanting "JUSTNEY" (they were far enough away from him where an audible conversation wasn't possible and also WE'RE TALKING ABOUT JUSTNEY WHICH IS SIMPLY NOT SOMETHING ONE CASUALLY TALKS TO TIMBALAND ABOUT). They explain that at first, Tim thought they were saying the word "JUSTIN," to which he responded that it (presumably JT's new album) is coming in 2018. That's when they made things crystal clear: 'JUST-NEY,' 'JUST-NEY' they shouted.

“His eyes widen when he realizes what we’re saying," the ladies recall. "He turns his head slightly to the side cause he knows exactly what we’re saying, and he’s like ‘oh it’s coming.’ To make sure Tim 100% knew that they were referring to #Justney, they shouted “JUSTIN, AND BRITNEY, AND YOU.” The hitmaker, according to them, responded saying: “Yes… it’s coming.”

Listen to their full story here.

Unless he's trolling, or just had no idea what they were saying, this is the closest to a confirmation we've gotten thus far. For obvious reasons it's clear why this is so important. IF this collab exists (it exists), and IF it'll make JT's new album (it'll make it), then book a hair appointment now, because your weave is gonna get SNATCHED.

. . .

A post shared by Timbo the King (@timbaland) on

No matter how old we get, there's always hope Britney and Justin will reunite in some capacity.

During a Q&A with fans around the time Glory dropped, Britney was asked what producers/music video directors she'd like to work with. The "Slumber Party" singer misunderstood the question and mentioned Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, Gwen Stefani and... Justin Timberlake (she labels him "very good").

E! News followed up. They alerted Justin of what Britney said at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of his Netflix concert documentary film, and his reaction was priceless. "She did?!", Justin responded after E! told JT Brit said she wants to collaborate. "Sure! Absolutely, absolutely," he said. "I have a 17 month old so I don't get the headline news." He added, "I apologize for not being in the know…I'm accessible, give us a call!"

Then months later, Britney crushed our dreams; apparently it was a big misunderstanding. “One of my friends asked me if I would do a song with [JT] and I said yeah,” she said. “So they took it as I really wanted to do [it]. And that would be fine but yeah, I think it’s just a lot of talk…” When pushed for an answer, she quipped: “You never know!”

Thoughts on the possible JUSTNEY collab? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived