I find this very infuriating

HoneyBee

• Super Mods
46 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't think it's just about stamina though. Honestly, even when she does sing a little live, her live vocals are weak. I don't think she actually has the pipes for it.

Yeah my point exactly.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Have you seen YouTube comments on videos where she sings live? Most of them are negative. 

Yeah so as a thousand other singers that aren't in the media 24/7. obviously the GP still has interest over her if POM is selling consistently and enough to keep getting extended. And where you getting at with the media hardly covering her? My news feed has articles written about her. it's like you expect her to be at the level of the current artist. 

Every YouTube video has negative ****. And that's a good point, the GP already have a negative impression of her performances, so by signing live it will show more effort and will keep fans happy.

She isn't selling that well though, she hasn't sold out her 5000 seat theatre in years! 

I don't expect her to be as hype as Beiber etc But Pink, Justin Timberlake and JLo are her peers and are widely viewed as better than her. Beyoncé was once her support act for **** sake. 

And honestly Britney was competing with Gaga, Katy, Rihanna etc in 2008, so I don't see why she shouldn't be giving them a run for their money in terms of entertainment. Rihanna was a terrible vocalist and WORKED on it. Katy has the stage presence of a fish and has WORKED on it. I've been a Britney fan for 9 years since the comeback and yes there has been glimpses of passion and potential but overall she hasn't ever got back into her groove.

Yes articles are still written about her, but what about? Not her talent anyway. Which is a damn pity because she HAS talent.

I just think at this stage she HAS to try something new, and singing along with the track would do wonders for her stage presence and public perception and would reinvigorate her fan base.

She has nothing to lose, so why worry about potential backlash? 

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Every YouTube video has negative ****. And that's a good point, the GP already have a negative impression of her performances, so by signing live it will show more effort and will keep fans happy.

She isn't selling that well though, she hasn't sold out her 5000 seat theatre in years! 

I don't expect her to be as hype as Beiber etc But Pink, Justin Timberlake and JLo are her peers and are widely viewed as better than her. Beyoncé was once her support act for **** sake. 

And honestly Britney was competing with Gaga, Katy, Rihanna etc in 2008, so I don't see why she shouldn't be giving them a run for their money in terms of entertainment. Rihanna was a terrible vocalist and WORKED on it. Katy has the stage presence of a fish and has WORKED on it. I've been a Britney fan for 9 years since the comeback and yes there has been glimpses of passion and potential but overall she hasn't ever got back into her groove.

Yes articles are still written about her, but what about? Not her talent anyway. Which is a damn pity because she HAS talent.

I just think at this stage she HAS to try something new, and singing along with the track would do wonders for her stage presence and public perception and would reinvigorate her fan base.

She has nothing to lose, so why worry about potential backlash? 

I think you completely ignored the fact she does the capacity or stamina to sing live. Many times she tried, her voice cracks or she is out of breath. Yeah I kinda agree with you that should try but she has really weak vocals. Maybe she needs to do intensive vocal training or quit smoking or what not but we don't know what's going on. I like to think she is actually singing live at times but her mic is turned low (yes it sounds naive and foolish) but sometimes it looks like she is actually singing and that technical error when the playback stoppped for a second during the every time circus tour and we heard a brief moment of her actually singing along just shows that. 

Archived