Review: Kesha Leaves Us On Our Knees And Praying On New Album, "Rainbow"

NotAPassenger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I can't wait to buy the CD from target today. How flawless am I, keeping physical music alive??  :otears:  :BBMAney:  :flawlessbye:

physical copies are fun, I have my own CD sanctuary and it adds chic to my room, whenever I paint I take a CD and listen to it on my xbox/pc ,

I can't at people giving up on the record because they didn't like it during the first listening lol. I guess I would totally get rid of most of Brinny's songs because I didn't like them at first but now I love them. That's normal that some songs need more time grow on us.

The album is amazing. At first I thought there were some fillers but after 2-3 listenings I think the record is perfect. My faves are Woman, Praying, Rainbow, Boots, Godzilla and Spaceship. Beautiful album.

I love it! So happy I didn't listen to the leaks. There's some beautiful songs on here, and a few bops that are classic Kesha as well. Although I must say, I think Boots isn't as great as everyone has made it seem:quirkney: 

Overall, an amazing album and very much worth the wait. So proud of her and I'm happy I get to jam all day! 

I commend Kesha for the work she put into this album and it seems like this is the path she wants to take with her music. I also commend all the adversity she had to deal with in order to get this album made. I'm a hardcore Kesha fan from the start (including her hundreds of demos) so I couldn't wait for this. I loved the singles that came out prior to the release and was so excited for the rest of the album. From there, I was disappointed. Those singles were the most "pop" songs on the album. Everything else was folk/country and tbh I wasn't here for it. That being said, I love Boots, Woman, Praying and Learn To Let Go (my absolute favorite and go-to right now). 

Please don't drag me! Honest opinion from a early Kesha fan!

52 minutes ago, Little Bit Dangerous said:

I commend Kesha for the work she put into this album and it seems like this is the path she wants to take with her music. I also commend all the adversity she had to deal with in order to get this album made. I'm a hardcore Kesha fan from the start (including her hundreds of demos) so I couldn't wait for this. I loved the singles that came out prior to the release and was so excited for the rest of the album. From there, I was disappointed. Those singles were the most "pop" songs on the album. Everything else was folk/country and tbh I wasn't here for it. That being said, I love Boots, Woman, Praying and Learn To Let Go (my absolute favorite and go-to right now). 

Please don't drag me! Honest opinion from a early Kesha fan!

I can understand where you're coming from with the folk thing, first listen took me some getting used to this new sound, but I am digging it. I expected a little more out of some of the tracks, but overall I am happy with it :)

The album doesn't even have that many country type tracks. I don't know why ppl are saying that. I think the album is great.

The only thing I will say is the opener is weak.i like the song but it should be the closer in my mind tbh. The album is part of the trend going on. I wouldn't say it's on par with Joanne but between Miley, Gaga, and some of the songs on this album it's clear there is s new trend happening. 

On 2017-08-11 at 11:30 AM, Chaoscontrol said:

I love it! So happy I didn't listen to the leaks. There's some beautiful songs on here, and a few bops that are classic Kesha as well. Although I must say, I think Boots isn't as great as everyone has made it seem:quirkney: 

Overall, an amazing album and very much worth the wait. So proud of her and I'm happy I get to jam all day! 

Kinda funny because I'm happy I did listen to clips from the leaks because that's what made buy the album!

I am obsessed with this album, and this took me by surprise. I knew I'd liked it after listening to "previews" from the leak but never thought I'd have it on repeat the way that I have. I'm not able to skip one song but I do have my favourites which are: "Let 'Em Talk" "Hunt You Down" "Boogie Feet" "Old Flames" & "Spaceship". I also agree that "Bastards" does nothing for me as the opener, but a lot like "Invitation" from Britney, I can't skip the track because the album doesn't feel complete as a whole without it. Kesha deserves nothing but the best with this album!

Archived