Stop Blaming the Promo

Michaelgiftos

I 100% believed that Promo was a big reason Work ***** flopped. But BJ flopped because the album wasn't up to par with her past records. With Glory y'all have got to stop blaming Promo tho Britney had all of the opportunities to help MM, SP, and Glory do better on charts. She Got to do the VMAS after almost 10 years and she's the queen of that award show and she decided to only have like 4 dancers with her wear a neon yellow leatard and do a Zumba routine then perform a G-Eazy cover while she groped him. Not exactly as iconic as kissing Madonna and putting a snake around your neck Brit. Then she got to perform at different festivals and some with lots of exposure IHeart and Apple. And she chose to perform her old hits instead of songs that had potential to be hits (CYM, Better, LMD, IID) if any of those songs had good choreo and she had energy in those performances It certainly would've helped the album at least a little bit. And then the whole MM video fiasco she had the opportunity to release an amazing video that would've been her best since WB or the circus era, and she scrapped it and released a shitty cheesy one. And then she did an Asia tour which Ik was just a POM tour but she could've thrown in 2 or 3 glory songs in it to help the album. My point is Britney had all of the opportunities this era to be successful she had a good album and good singles but she didn't take advantage of those opportunities as she should've so stop blaming her team or Vegas for the reason Glory flopped and start thinking about how Britney could've taken better advantages to the opportunities she was given. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Everything you just described is promo though. And we know it's Britney's fault, only someone who's delusional would blame the single choices and Beyonce. :angietea:

What I'm saying is that people on here blame not good enough Promo for why Glory flopped but Britney had lots of promotion opportunities but failed to capitalize on them

Just now, Michaelgiftos said:

What I'm saying is that people on here blame not good enough Promo for why Glory flopped but Britney had lots of promotion opportunities but failed to capitalize on them

Well, exactly. That's what I mean by not good enough promo. Britney had the opportunities but she didn't deliver what she needed to be more successful.

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Uh...wouldn't that mean she did took those opportunities if she did them? It wasn't like she sat on her *** in Louisiana. 

She took the opportunities but she didn't use them properly to promote Glory, instead of performing CYM, LMD, IID, Liar, Better, etc. She decided to perform her old hits making her look like a nostalgia act when she just released a brand new album with so many amazing songs. 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, exactly. That's what I mean by not good enough promo. Britney had the opportunities but she didn't deliver what she needed to be more successful.

I'm saying Britney had just as many promotion opportunities as Gaga, Miley, Ariana, etc to promote Glory but instead she decided to perform old hits and the same tired set over and over instead of performing songs on her new record which would've helped it be more successful. She had all the opportunities but misused them 

Just now, Michaelgiftos said:

I'm saying Britney had just as many promotion opportunities as Gaga, Miley, Ariana, etc to promote Glory but instead she decided to perform old hits and the same tired set over and over instead of performing songs on her new record which would've helped it be more successful. She had all the opportunities but misused them 

Gurl, I know. I agree, that's what I'm saying too. :orangu: 

The intense copyright protection set up for all the Glory songs blocked a lot of social media posts. That strategy may work for current hit-makers but the Britney Army needs to be able to shove her new music in people's faces cause no one is really checking for her. The festivals and Apple were such opportunities to bring something new and instead we got her pretending to grab an imaginary bar over her head for DYWCO and other embarrassing moments. I wish the Asian tour happened last summer to promote Glory, that would've made more sense. Promo in the digital age is not the nightmare it used to be, she just needs a new creative director or something. She could easily be doing what Glenn did with that BOM mini video session...instead she does fashion shows using someone else's music...it blows my mind that this is where we are at right now. So much potential, body is banging, music is good...like wtf?

The only two that need to be "blamed" for Glory's failure is Britney herself & Britney's bum *** team. Come for me ALL you want to, but if Britney gave at least two ***** about the ******* Masterpiece AKA Glory, she would have DONE MORE. She would have sang live instead of saying, "I always sing live." The last time Britney sang a tour live was the Oops Tour! Yes, she sang a few words on other tours... but Britney gave her alllllllllllllllll on the Oops! Tour. But anywaysssssss. Truth is, Britney don't care to be Britney Spears anymore. #SipThatTea

I live far away in europe, and honestly we don't give a **** about whether Britney is on jimmy kimmel, what radio-show she is doing, or where she is performing. People outside US care about the radioes not playing her new songs, but still play "toxic" and "BOMT".... Most people here care about the reviews they read.. Thats how you get the buyers.. And if you look good, and go out a lot, you end up in the magazines, thats what the young want, they want to see a star they can look like, no one wants to look like britney

I guess we're at the point where she's just bored. Her view about her music career has changed from "I gotta give it all" to "I can't go on a vacation because I got a job". Well, I can't blame her but sometimes it's frustrating seeing how other artists are still so into it and seeing many people still defend her in the comment sections. But again, she she's not our doll. I guess we gotta accept what we have now.

I started to think that she in some kind of way disliked Glory, maybe because all that MM video drama going on. And she wasn't pushing so hard for Glory during her promo. Maybe something happened and she was like, ok just move on, I love couple of songs so Imma perform them, but moving on to the next

1 hour ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

I guess we're at the point where she's just bored. Her view about her music career has changed from "I gotta give it all" to "I can't go on a vacation because I got a job". Well, I can't blame her but sometimes it's frustrating seeing how other artists are still so into it and seeing many people still defend her in the comment sections. But again, she she's not our doll. I guess we gotta accept what we have now.

Beautifully said, Ryan! I couldn't agree more. 

Yes we can though. There was hype around MM but then we had no video for a while and a shitty video, its performance -wich was good but no wow factor about it- helped the song peak again

She did promote but there was not enough focus on Glory and the MM video ruined things. With a good and controverted video she could have indeed waited for the VMAs to perform for the first time, which she did, and it would have been successful regardless but unfortunately they didn't release the original video and it basically impacted the whole era : no hype, delayed second single which received no TV promo

She did a lot of promo this era, but most of it was bad promo. 

MM MV is pure ****, VMAs is mediocre performance and nobody even pay attention to it. She promoted her show on these festivals and not her new material. I don't even have words for POM Asia tour, no comment.

I don't understand, she promoted her material more efficient during FF era even she was in such bad place. And now when she is actually full of energy, we got this. 

I will never understand her. Never.

The saddest thing is that her fans are not expecting anything from her anymore. I'm a fan from '98 and I can not even imagine her to give us something worthy anymore.

Archived