How could they think this would work?

Daredevil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Daredevil said:

It is almost a year since this performance but I still can't get over this. Did her management seriously think this would work? Controversy?

I state this as one of the worst moments of Britney's career tbh...

z20613342Q,Britney-Spears--G-Eazy.jpg

I actually liked this performance, I enjoyed the simplicity and how the focus was solely on her and not props...However now that I look back, it was not the best choice especially for the VMAs. It would have been literally THE BEST if she sang live!! But she forgot some of the lyrics and stress got the best of her. 

Who would've paid for that performance? Her record company?

The initial reports said it was going to be a "technology heavy" performance. But it was the exact opposite. It makes me wonder if the budget got slashed at the last minute, forcing her Team to come up with a different concept than they originally planned.

Maybe the junked Lachapelle-directed MM video caused more of a ripple than we realized? :calculating:

On 8/8/2017 at 2:49 PM, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Literally. What type of comeback was that? This is hands down her worst VMAs performance. Plain, boring.

Why that song? That wasn't a VMAs song.

Why a feat? Why is she so afraid of performing her stuff alone? In 1999 she shared the stage with NSync, a boyband. In 2000 she performed a song older than her. In 2003 performed with Madonna and 2 other artists and it wasn't even her own songs. And last year she had to not only bring some who into her VMAS performance but also perform some other song of his and cover Bebe Xoxo's part. Not to mention that she was confirmed/rumoured to perform in 2004 with the Ying Yang Twins. The only VMAs performances from her that she only sang her songs alone were the 2001 VMAs & 2007 VMAs and that's if you close your eyes to the fact that she sang 15 seconds of some other song.

Why G Eazy?!? Tragic...

Performance was horrible and cringeworthy for Britney Spears, if she couldn't be bothered to put on an iconic performance at the VMAs then she could've just stayed home, hidden in middle of Vegas. 

The fanbase had a meltdown about MM's music video, but the meltdown should've happened for that cringeworthy mess of a performance. Still trying to figure out what it was the she 'had never done before', as the VMAs faudulently advertised.

Bby what's the point about the old songs? That's just one of her things that she does, play homage to older iconic songs before hers. I like it. Except last year she was literally paying homage to a song nobody will remember in a few years.  Pretty sad tbh.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
22 minutes ago, Justney said:

Bby what's the point about the old songs? That's just one of her things that she does, play homage to older iconic songs before hers. I like it. Except last year she was literally paying homage to a song nobody will remember in a few years.  Pretty sad tbh.

I don't mind those that much to be honest, but it kinda gets irritating when 85% of her performances include other people's stuff... I would prefer her to pay homage to them somewhere outside the VMAs but I'm still fine with it cause she nailed them. Last year was the one I'm more annoyed about, G Eazy shouldn't even perform on the main stage:awks:

1 hour ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

I don't mind those that much to be honest, but it kinda gets irritating when 85% of her performances include other people's stuff... I would prefer her to pay homage to them somewhere outside the VMAs but I'm still fine with it cause she nailed them. Last year was the one I'm more annoyed about, G Eazy shouldn't even perform on the main stage:awks:

I honestly love the covers but agreed last year was a disaster!

7 hours ago, brintyjoan said:

I don't see what's the problem. I love this performance. And what is controversial about it? 

The only bad thing is the lipsynching and the me myself and I part

touching g eazys c.ck was supposed to be controversial. but it wasnt because it was so early 2000s

Archived