How could they think this would work?

Daredevil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Why the hell would she be performing a GH medley in her VMA comeback? It's like you guys want her to be a nostalgia act. 

OT: That whole performance was a cringefest. :weusay:

OBVIOUSLY not the same songs *******, MM wasn't even out at the time for Billboard. But the styles of each performance suited the other more. A more artistic performance with the shadow art was cool but not big enough for MTV. The Billboard had cool costumes, big sets, **** hair/makeup that would have been better for MTV. The BBMA performance was a huge performance and the MTV performance was a lot smaller scale so they would have suited the other award shows better.

1 hour ago, popprison said:

I would have been all over the media if it were the early 2000s

Sure it would. They would tear her apart because of the lame lip syncing and boring dancing. but now they just dont care and treat her like a like a poor baby with issues thats because they dont tear her apart 

i find myself watching this performance more and more tbh... its definitely a grower... but that crotch grab, hooded jacket and mime of some irrelevant song and they way she chases geazy around the stage and goes in for that 2nd crotch grab is literally one of the most awkward moments in her career, basically i liked everything except g eazy (and his rap was whack) :gross::embarrassney:

You guys are so dramatic about this. She was pretty good herself but the simplicity vibe they were going for wasn't executed well. And the grabbing the mic thing (I was like :gross:i felt a pause like she was aboutto legit sing but I did like the medley, it kinda went on too long though) but it was just a really good POM performance 

Idk if slumber party was ready yet so how could they do a medley

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Literally. What type of comeback was that? This is hands down her worst VMAs performance. Plain, boring.

Why that song? That wasn't a VMAs song.

Why a feat? Why is she so afraid of performing her stuff alone? In 1999 she shared the stage with NSync, a boyband. In 2000 she performed a song older than her. In 2003 performed with Madonna and 2 other artists and it wasn't even her own songs. And last year she had to not only bring some who into her VMAS performance but also perform some other song of his and cover Bebe Xoxo's part. Not to mention that she was confirmed/rumoured to perform in 2004 with the Ying Yang Twins. The only VMAs performances from her that she only sang her songs alone were the 2001 VMAs & 2007 VMAs and that's if you close your eyes to the fact that she sang 15 seconds of some other song.

Why G Eazy?!? Tragic...

Performance was horrible and cringeworthy for Britney Spears, if she couldn't be bothered to put on an iconic performance at the VMAs then she could've just stayed home, hidden in middle of Vegas. 

The fanbase had a meltdown about MM's music video, but the meltdown should've happened for that cringeworthy mess of a performance. Still trying to figure out what it was the she 'had never done before', as the VMAs faudulently advertised.

Archived