Thoughts on My Only Wish?

MmmDani

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It deserved to have its own music video. At the time it was released, it would have become an iconic Christmas song as much as All I Want For Christmas is you. 

Can't make you love me, Cinderella, Breath on me, Inside out, Hold on tight, Better and even My only wish this year. Queen of wasting too much material along her career. :kidcries:

It's my 2nd favorite Christmas song ever! I'm sad she never did a video for it! Some people and media outlets consider it a Christmas classic at this point because it continues to get played every holiday season since it's release.....I don't hear it on the radio as much as I used to, but I certainly hear it in stores and what not during the holidays. 

I honestly wish that some year Britney doesn't have an album out that she'd drop like a 6 track Christmas EP and MOWTY could be a bonus track on it maybe even with a remix of it too! 

I love it. But one thing i'll never understand - why didn't they do anything with it?? it was released in 2000 but I didn't even know of its existence until like 2007/2008. The only reason I stumbled across it was it was on a music streaming website  like YouTube and I listened to it out of curiosity. The thing I don't understand is Britney was massive in 2000 and if they brought it out, did a proper music video and she promoted it, I seriously think it would have became an iconic Christmas song

Anyone know the reasons why they didn't do anything with it??

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

One of the best Xmas songs, definitely in my top 5. Could have become a big Xmas classic like AIWFC had she cared about it.

33 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I love it. But one thing i'll never understand - why didn't they do anything with it?? it was released in 2000 but I didn't even know of its existence until like 2007/2008. The only reason I stumbled across it was it was on a music streaming website  like YouTube and I listened to it out of curiosity. The thing I don't understand is Britney was massive in 2000 and if they brought it out, did a proper music video and she promoted it, I seriously think it would have became an iconic Christmas song

Anyone know the reasons why they didn't do anything with it??

well it was part of a compilation christmas album from many artists, it wasn't a standout Britney buzz single per se

that song's been famous since the album came out

1200x630bb.jpg

Archived