If I'm Dancing Should Have Been the Lead Single

I haven't posted in a long while- and I know I'm going to get dragged to hell and back for this- but If I'm Dancing should have been the lead single. I'm not saying it's 100% perfect as is (although IMO it's pretty close) but if it had been given the lead single treatment it probably would have been polished a bit more.

An amazing concept video with distinct, easy to learn choreo could have made the song blow up. It started going crazy with video memes on twitter the day it was released. Had it been promoted more, it could have had a Gangnam Style or Harlem Shake virality where everyone would be making a video to the track. 

It could have been a great career song for Brit because lyrically it sums up her artistry in a great way-- if I'm dancing I know the music's good.

It's catchy as hell- and has a unique sound that makes you want to dance. :hipney:

It has all the ingredients of a Britney classic. It even has off the wall lyrics.

Honesty I'm praying she pulls a Radar and puts it on B10 and releases it. :lemmetellu:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pablitonizer said:

It's definitely a good song but not lead single material :tiffanynod:

It could've been 3rd single feat nicki minaj and a fun video similar to "Shake it off" but with people mimicking the song on the street while walking and dancing :lemmetellu:

Anyway, let GloRIP rest in peace :whitney:

Yes that would have been a perfect video. True- I need to let it go. 

2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

It's definitely a good song but not lead single material :tiffanynod:

It could've been 3rd single feat nicki minaj and a fun video similar to "Shake it off" but with people mimicking the song on the street while walking and dancing :lemmetellu:

Anyway, let GloRIP rest in peace :whitney:

that is some goals right there

It's the whole Make Me shenanigans, video would have sparked controversy just like britney nude in the sauna in Womanizer 

I could easily see Make Me, Just Luv Me, Hard to Forget Ya and Better being the singles for Glory 

Glory should've never had the POM promo. Instead - performances of Make Me, DYWCO, Slumber Party and an acoustic version of Just Like Me 

Flawless Era :outwithit:

Make Me was the right lead, they just ruined it with the music video fiasco. If they had released the original video, the era would've been great. It would've been controversial and had people watching it over and over. I mean, how many times have we all watched the leaked footage? And how many times have people watched the actual video? I've watched the leaked footage dozens of times and the full actual video maybe twice. 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
14 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I will never for the life of me understand the undying love for this song.:squintney:

Exactly, I can't stand it. Funk isn't... I mean...:gross:

I think IID should serve as the final single for the Glory era - it'd make the perfect dessert! 

I also imagine Missy Elliott with a fun rap verse on the single remix (and Missy could re-record the interjections that occur throughout the verses).

These two video trailblazers would also whip up a sick/slick video to fit the creative and ecstatic vibe of the song. 

Archived