Perfume (The Dreaming Mix) is SO MUCH BETTER than the main version...

Maryy

• Super Mods
16 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The Dreaming Mix is the original, Sia and Britney-penned version. Will remixed it into the main album version.

And yes, the Dreaming Mix is a million times better than Will's shitty remix. It's definitely not in her top five ballads (Everytime, Out From Under, Everyday, Someday (I Will Understand) and Shadow occupy those spots), but I'd put the Dreaming Mix in the top 10 easily. And watching this video, I forgot how beautiful she looks in it. It's definitely a better video than Pretty Girls or Make Me. :yaknow: Overall a very underrated single/video marred by some pretty big controversies (the delayed release, the Director's Cut scandal, Maya Mary being exposed as the lead singer for most of the album, all within a week of each other).

I agree, the original is so much better and I'm sure that was what the original direction of the album was going before Will stepped in. The other one is just very loud and drowns her voice out.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@BrittonJeanSpears I wouldn't be surprised if Hold On Tight originally had a moodier sound too, considering that was the first song recorded for Britney Jean. :forkit:

I'm sure it was. I mean Britney described the album as Moody and Electric. Obviously the electric came afterwards :quirkney:

On 7.8.2017. at 5:59 PM, HarajukuGuy said:

I remember one of the producers of BJ said on Twitter that the original Perfume version (The Dreaming Mix, which actually fitted with the original concept of the album like other mid-tempo tracks such as Hold on Tight) was reworked to fit with the new upbeat direction of the album (the current album version) :sassybrit:

That is so heartbreaking to hear in my opinion, whenever I hear about the potential BJ could have had, my soul cries a little everytime even though I don't hate the album.  :lemmetellu:

Archived