Perfume (The Dreaming Mix) is SO MUCH BETTER than the main version...

Maryy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I agree and Britney agrees to :mhm:

does she? :grimace:

she released the generic version instead tho.

11 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Wasn't the dreaming mix actually the original version?  :forkit:

idk 

i heard something about that back in time... but i don't really remember exactly

53 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I just don't listen to that song anymore, I loved it when I first heard it but now it's just boring  :whitneyshade: But the Dreaming Mix is better :brityes:

i don't listen to it either... but it came to my spotify shuffle playlist and i remembered that it existed lmao

16 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

4 hours ago, Maryy said:

idk 

i heard something about that back in time... but i don't really remember exactly

I remember one of the producers of BJ said on Twitter that the original Perfume version (The Dreaming Mix, which actually fitted with the original concept of the album like other mid-tempo tracks such as Hold on Tight) was reworked to fit with the new upbeat direction of the album (the current album version) :sassybrit:

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, Maryy said:

idk 

I believe it's during a radio interview or some interview during that era and the interviewer mentioned about the dreaming mix and she said that it was actually the original version and although she loved the original, they had to remix it to make it radio and pop friendly. I'm sure by Will's and Larry's advice.

On 8/6/2017 at 7:38 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

13 hours ago, Maryy said:

idk 

8 hours ago, HarajukuGuy said:

I remember one of the producers of BJ said on Twitter that the original Perfume version (The Dreaming Mix, which actually fitted with the original concept of the album like other mid-tempo tracks such as Hold on Tight) was reworked to fit with the new upbeat direction of the album (the current album version) :sassybrit:

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I believe it's during a radio interview or some interview during that era and the interviewer mentioned about the dreaming mix and she said that it was actually the original version and although she loved the original, they had to remix it to make it radio and pop friendly. I'm sure by Will's and Larry's advice.

The Dreaming Mix is the original, Sia and Britney-penned version. Will remixed it into the main album version.

And yes, the Dreaming Mix is a million times better than Will's shitty remix. It's definitely not in her top five ballads (Everytime, Out From Under, Everyday, Someday (I Will Understand) and Shadow occupy those spots), but I'd put the Dreaming Mix in the top 10 easily. And watching this video, I forgot how beautiful she looks in it. It's definitely a better video than Pretty Girls or Make Me. :yaknow: Overall a very underrated single/video marred by some pretty big controversies (the delayed release, the Director's Cut scandal, Maya Mary being exposed as the lead singer for most of the album, all within a week of each other).

Archived