I want DANCE!

Exaholic

I know that people are into their cool mid-tempos right now and that's what's hot - but it's not Britney.

I want a massive club banger for the next lead, it might not be trendy or whatever but that's what she does best and that's what people know her for.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I think it would be a smarter move, especially with her 20th anniversary coming up. We shouldn't want anything too experimental or edgy for the 20th celebrations (if we get any) because it wouldn't be representative of what Britney has been about for the last 20 years.

Her next album should embody her entire career and yeah, explore new sounds but also pay tribute to her classic sound too. We need a mix of both. Glory was almost that album, but the single choices maybe weren't the best - a mid-tempo followed by a mid-tempo. For general listeners that wanted "classic Britney", they probably lost all interest.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I want her to re-invent herself entirely. Doing the same act for 20 years obviously isn't working anymore. 

That's never gonna happen. This would require some kinda motivation from Britney and her team and that's like finding water in the desert.

14 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

That's never gonna happen. This would require some kinda motivation from Britney and her team and that's like finding water in the desert.

And why should we accept no effort from Britney herself? I don't expect her to put any effort in but i'm not going to accept her laziness

I don't understand this whole "dance-pop music is REAL Britney" concept some of you throw around.

Aren't you aware that Britney's true interest is in R&B/Urban music? She grew up singing Whitney Houston. That she always wants to go that route in the early process of recording sessions? That her best and most intricate choreographies have been for those tracks in particular? (Slave, Boys, Music, Boom Boom, Outrageous, etc.) Even Baby One More Time was an R&B group reject (TLC).

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't go shouting fake news that Britney's best niche is dance-pop because it's really not, and the R&B/Urban influences on ITZ and Blackout (her best two albums) are testaments of this. Look at the Britney album with all that dated teen dance-pop. What has aged the best from that album? Slave.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't understand this whole "dance-pop music is REAL Britney" concept some of you throw around.

Aren't you aware that Britney's true interest is in R&B/Urban music? She grew up singing Whitney Houston. That she always wants to go that route in the early process of recording sessions? That her best and most intricate choreographies have been for those tracks in particular? (Slave, Boys, Music, Boom Boom, Outrageous, etc.) Even Baby One More Time was an R&B group reject (TLC).

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't go shouting fake news that Britney's best niche is dance-pop because it's really not, and the R&B/Urban influences on ITZ and Blackout (her best two albums) are testaments of this. Look at the Britney album with all that dated teen dance-pop. What has aged the best from that album? Slave.

I disagree but to each is own. Her classics (actual classics) actually are more pop than urban. 

I'm over this urban push because it hasn't work for the last few eras. Her team trying to make another BO just is a lost cause. 

I do love the organic sound with instruments they used on ITZ. That I would be down for. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

I disagree but to each is own. Her classics (actual classics) actually are more pop than urban. 

I'm over this urban push because it hasn't work for the last few eras. Her team trying to make another BO just is a lost cause. 

I do love the organic sound with instruments they used on ITZ. That I would be down for. 

I understand that due to getting her career started with Max Martin and Rami, but we all know that her direction started to shift by the Britney album where she wanted to do pop music that was geared more towards her own tastes which is what I'm getting at. In the Zone is her most promoted album for that reason, because she really felt the music. And guess what, no Max Martin. The reason the urban push hasn't worked is because Britney isn't given the green light to do so. It's not a coincidence that she starts every album session since Circus with reports of her going into the studios with these producers only to have the album shift to a more pop/dance sound halfway through. It also doesn't help that since 2007, Britney has become more passive in terms of putting her foot down and standing for what she wants. I mean you said it yourself in the other thread, Britney isn't communicating her craft with us well enough and that's only hurting her brand as an artist by continuing to push out soulless dance bops that she feels no connection to like she has this past decade. There's enough of that to already enjoy in her discography.

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That maybe so, but Slave, Boys and MATM are the only urban-ish singles she's got everything else is pop or dance-pop. So the bulk of her career and what people ultimately know her for is bubblegum pop and dance pop.

44 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

That maybe so, but Slave, Boys and MATM are the only urban-ish singles she's got everything else is pop or dance-pop. So the bulk of her career and what people ultimately know her for is bubblegum pop and dance pop.

I mean I'm not against her doing dance music again, I'm here for some good bops as long as they're good. I really don't want another Femme Fatale or Britney Jean where I'll play it at first but then over the years it becomes stale for me, with the exception of whenever I'm in the mood for it. It's literally like bubblegum, great at first, then gets state and bland. And you can't have it everyday or else you get sick of it.

Whats actually dumb is people, especially pop stans, pigeon-holing "dance music" into one stereotype and acting like theres no substance or progression to be found there. What even is dance music? Its not one type of production style. Its an incredibly varied umbrella term that provides for A LOT of growth and exploration and I don't think it would be a regression for her to delve into some actually interesting dance/electronic focused production styles. She flourishes in that realm and it comes off a lot more natural and revealing than her trying to prove to everyone that she can sing over some Selena Gomez lifted mid-tempo pop'n'b instrumental.

Disagree. The anniversary would be the perfect opportunity to showcase where she wants to now go as an artist with something completely new and edgy. I'm sick of throwbacks and nostalgia. I wouldn't care if I never heard BOMT or OIDIA and they stupid lipped studio vocals for the next 10 years.

New image, new sound and new TOUR. They have earned enough money off minimal work and nostalgia. Glory and her improved performing skills had me confident in B10, but the whole denying lipping and "busting my ***" comments have made me think what shes already doing is ok...

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I understand that due to getting her career started with Max Martin and Rami, but we all know that her direction started to shift by the Britney album where she wanted to do pop music that was geared more towards her own tastes which is what I'm getting at. In the Zone is her most promoted album for that reason, because she really felt the music. And guess what, no Max Martin. The reason the urban push hasn't worked is because Britney isn't given the green light to do so. It's not a coincidence that she starts every album session since Circus with reports of her going into the studios with these producers only to have the album shift to a more pop/dance sound halfway through. It also doesn't help that since 2007, Britney has become more passive in terms of putting her foot down and standing for what she wants. I mean you said it yourself in the other thread, Britney isn't communicating her craft with us well enough and that's only hurting her brand as an artist by continuing to push out soulless dance bops that she feels no connection to like she has this past decade. There's enough of that to already enjoy in her discography.

She hasn't been releasing soulless dance bops and it hasn't changed anything. 

I feel like if anything the last few years she wants to do Pop/rock over urban. For every song she has attempted live minus HB has been pretty rock/pop. 

See I think it's very difficult to push any genre right now for Britney current state. Pop/rock and urban are rough because she refuses to sing live. Pop/dance is rough because she struggles with choreo.

Just because ITZ is loved by Britney doesn't mean she strictly only wants to do urban. One doesn't equal the other. That's just how I see it. 

Archived