Glory is not MEDIOCRE.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I feel like because Britney is a ghost during the releases it really taints how ppl look at the music now. Three months after Glory I felt like I needed new music. Not because I was sick of Glory because I wanted to see Britney. 

The album is only a year old almost and I feel like it's been years of boredom. 

If we got strong visuals and input from Britney and singles I think the album would be up there with loved. 

We don't get that anymore so we have no memories with the music. 

Basically this, LOL. Britney being MIA after the first two months of release sours her whole "this album is my baby, I worked on it for two years" schtick she's pushing out since Femme Fatale.

It makes me think that Glory wasn't what she wanted to do either because if I felt that an album was my baby and I cared that much for it, I would want everyone to hear it and this is what she was doing for the ITZ era. She was on TRL "this album is my baby" and you believed her because the sis was everywhere telling you about what the album means to her.

Jason Evignan, Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels have been giving us more info on Glory than Britney has with her "you'll have to wait and see" garbage.

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Basically this, LOL. Britney being MIA after the first two months of release sours her whole "this album is my baby, I worked on it for two years" schtick she's pushing out since Femme Fatale.

It makes me think that Glory wasn't what she wanted to do either because if I felt that an album was my baby and I cared that much for it, I would want everyone to hear it and this is what she was doing for the ITZ era. She was on TRL "this album is my baby" and you believed her because the sis was everywhere telling you about what the album means to her.

Jason Evignan, Justin Tranter and Julia Michaels have been giving us more info on Glory than Britney has with her "you'll have to wait and see" garbage.

Everything after Circus I have felt like she had no passion for. She could talk about the songs in sentences unlike now.

It's  cool or fun is how she mentions everything. 

ITZ she still is promoting more than her new stuff. It's wild. 

6 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Everything after Circus I have felt like she had no passion for. She could talk about the songs in sentences unlike now.

It's  cool or fun is how she mentions everything. 

ITZ she still is promoting more than her new stuff. It's wild. 

Like Justin and Julia talk all ******* day about "oh her melodies are incredible", and does Britney herself actually say anything anymore?

And LOL you're absolutely right. POM has 5 ITZ tracks alone. Britney has not performed anything from Glory except the two singles and Come Over. So much for your "baby". :tiffcackle: She cares about ITZ, the teenager.

I haven't seen too many people calling it mediocre or anything like that but maybe un- original? I love it personally but it definitely just mimics the sound of what had already been popular for awhile when it was released. Luckily its a sound that I really like and I think it really suits Britney so it turned out as a great album regardless. 

it is mediocre. it's better than BJ and pretty girls tho, i think that's why people think it's a masterpiece. her vocals are not as great as many people praised them to be and it's not very original or cohesive. however i do think it's a step in the right direction (making better music than BJ and PG). she needs to mature in her work and have more input. she talked about it's her baby but she never even talked in depth about it (maybe bc there's nothing to talk about). basically it feels like the same pop songs over and over again, she's following trends, it's nothing new. 

54 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Like Justin and Julia talk all ******* day about "oh her melodies are incredible", and does Britney herself actually say anything anymore?

And LOL you're absolutely right. POM has 5 ITZ tracks alone. Britney has not performed anything from Glory except the two singles and Come Over. So much for your "baby". :tiffcackle: She cares about ITZ, the teenager.

Don't forget BOM black and white video on Instagram. 

Also got performed in a medley. 

Glory can only dream of being liked so much. 

She barely mentioned Glory the whole year. When she talked about it, it seemed like a nuisance to finish Glory and that is why her son picked the name. 

Glory is my 3rd favorite album of hers so far. I love the mixture of dreamy/tropical soundscapes. It kind of reminds me of In the Zone’s brilliant trance/world music influences strewn throughout (although ITZ is untouched and reigns supreme to me). And clearly, the tropical sound is very on-trend. But then there’s this almost country feel going on with the rock-lite of Liar, the jazzy soul of Private Show & What You Need, and whatever the **** Clumsy is.

So it all amounts to an eclectic, all over the place album, kind of like Circus in that regard. And I feel like the throwback sound of Liar and Hard to Forget Ya kind of evoke Britney and that Y2K/Max Martin era of pop, in general. (Side note: I’m not here for this.)

Hard to Forget Ya is the only song that I can’t redeem overall. Others ones that I don’t use as much, I still find something worthwhile about them. But HTFY to me is just corny. I feel like Mood Ring, or a superior cut left on the cutting room floor, should be on the album instead. In fact, you could say the album overall is a mood ring in its eclectic array of soundscapes. 

5 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I loved it when it came out but now a year later I barley listen to it. I still listen to ITZ and Blackout tho. Its a good album but not a masterpiece and it has no Toxic or Gimme More or Slave 4 you on it.

Invitation – ok
Make Me... - good
Private Show - cancer
Man On The Moon - good
Just Luv Me - ok
Clumsy - ok
Do You Wanna Come Over - ok
Slumber Party - good
Just Like Me - meh
Love Me Down - terrible
Hard To Forget Ya - terrible
What You Need - meh
Better - meh
Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)  - good
Liar -good
If I'm Dancing - cancer
Coupure Électrique – don’t sing in languages you don’t speak
Mood Ring - ok

But I jam to Love me Down... :nocomprende:

I really like the album! :) 

not mediocre, that being said, I think alot of te criticism is coming from the lack of experimentation with the music, although she did several different things with her voice, and followed trends instead

it’s not a masterpiece, but far from mediocre

next album should be VERY experimental, dark, deep with the return of deep happybirthdayvoiceney after some vocal coaching 

I can dream but I think that’s the only reason people hate on it

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I feel like because Britney is a ghost during the releases it really taints how ppl look at the music now. Three months after Glory I felt like I needed new music. Not because I was sick of Glory because I wanted to see Britney. 

The album is only a year old almost and I feel like it's been years of boredom. 

If we got strong visuals and input from Britney and singles I think the album would be up there with loved. 

We don't get that anymore so we have no memories with the music. 

I understand now, MM ''promo'' came a month later and we didn't got a 2nd single 4 months later.

The ''Glory'' promo was Vegas promo tbh

:(

8 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I want her to experiment with sounds and looks  not languages.

Coupure Électrique is the only truly interesting and progressive song on Glory, in regards to Britneys discography. And both songs like If Im Dancing and Do You Wanna Come Over are sonically playful and fun. Ill agree that a majority of the album is like current pop'n'b on autopilot but theres glimpses of glory here and there.

40 minutes ago, blacklistedd said:

Coupure Électrique is the only truly interesting and progressive song on Glory, in regards to Britneys discography. And both songs like If Im Dancing and Do You Wanna Come Over are sonically playful and fun. Ill agree that a majority of the album is like current pop'n'b on autopilot but theres glimpses of glory here and there.

It would have been just as interesting in English. The interesting thing is the sound not the language that she cant speak.

Archived