Glory is not MEDIOCRE.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

glory is good but some songs sound dated and generic (even though they are not bad and ı love them), they make the album mediocre.clumsy and better are so generic compared to other songs on the album, liar and love me down too.

I always thought that Liar sounds like cancer. :tiffcackle:

I don't think it's mediocre, I love the fact she branched out and tried the R&B/Pop route again instead of giving us another dance music heavy album. I also liked her incorporating Spanish and French, she's never done a full song in a language other than English before on her albums.

The only thing I don't like about it is how on trend the record is, if it were released in say 2013 or 2014, she'd be ahead of the curve.

The album isn't mediocre :wyd:

It has so many good songs, almost all of them are good and some can appeal to different people. Based on YT reaction usually black people love Private Show, Love Me Down and What You Need, whereas white people usually love Liar and Just Luv Me. 

Britney and her team were mediocre though. Make Me MV + mediocre VMA performance + below average GMA performance (I say below average because it's not only lip-synced, but the dancing was terrible and the costumes were bad). Their promos and attitude during the era was **** tbh. 

2 hours ago, Style. said:

I remember the exact night when it leaked and everyone was saying that Glory is her best album, with Blackout. 

A year later, the same people are claiming that Glory is mediocre, like.. waw :nicki2:

I was actually one of those people that put glory in the top 3, but I think that had more to do with hype than the actual album. I mean this was the first album in a while that she seemed into, and after the BJ mess anything would've been amazing.

But after a while I found myself listening to a few tracks and then I've kinda stopped listening to it all together. Its not a bad album but its not great, for me it doesn't feel like a britney album, it sounds like everything that's already been done before. And like the others have said there is no standout track, there isn't really anything memorable on the album

It's a solid album. It joins her other 7 in albums I can listen to over and over again.

Like her last three albums though it is following the trend. It may not have one distinct sound which honestly saves it in so many ways, I think that is why ppl think that.

The album is also tainted by how it was treated. 

The music is amazing on it though 

2 minutes ago, Vessel. said:

What if people hate it because it flopped :calculating:

Glory is on my top 3 because it is different what SHE used to do, experimenting with languages was amazing and it also came on my birthday so it's very special to me:crying2:

I feel like because Britney is a ghost during the releases it really taints how ppl look at the music now. Three months after Glory I felt like I needed new music. Not because I was sick of Glory because I wanted to see Britney. 

The album is only a year old almost and I feel like it's been years of boredom. 

If we got strong visuals and input from Britney and singles I think the album would be up there with loved. 

We don't get that anymore so we have no memories with the music. 

Archived