When did the media and people turn against her?

brit4u1998

On 05/08/2017 at 3:52 PM, brit4u1998 said:

Two questions, actually.

1. When did the media turn against Britney Spears?

2. When did the general public turn against her?

There must have been a turning point. Or was it a slow buildup over time??

Just curious for your answers. :mattafact:

1. In 2002, when Crossroads was released and she broke off with Justin. The media wanted an excuse to rip shreds off her and they got two for the price of one ("bad" movie and bad breakup).

2. Honestly, the public was always sort of against her until around 2011-2012. There was massive hatred for her in general because she was believed to be a manufactured singer, people didn't like the lip syncing and older people thought she was always too ******. Then her breakdown happened so obviously everyone had an opinion about that too. Her current reputation is the best she's ever had it across the board, usually it was just pop fans rooting for her.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

I think that by 2003, Britney was overexposed and people kind of turned against her just for that reason. She was at her peak in 2003 and people were jealous. I loved her in 2003, but kind of ignored the tabloids because Britney was so gossiped about and overexposed then!

2001 was her peak :Lshark:, what revived it in 2003 was Toxic

Archived