Britney Spears’ “Everytime” Gets A Haunting Dubstep Mashup With Vexare’s “The Silent Majority”

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-everytime-dubstep-remix.jpg

Kick off your weekend with an electric re-working of Britney Spears' "Everytime."

It's pretty quiet in the world of Britney right now. The pop star is gearing up for another string of Piece Of Me shows in Las Vegas – she kicks off the next leg on Wednesday (August 9) – but other than that things are calm (justice for Glory). Don't fret. Exhale member FocusOnMe (real name Ray, and here's his YouTube channel) concocted this seriously demented mashup of "Everytime" with DJ Vexare's "The Silent Majority," and it is a surprisingly seamless fit. That's right, Britney's delicate piano ballad also works as a monstrous club track – it just goes to show how fit her songwriting talents are.

"For a really long time I was trying to come up with a mashup for 'Everytime' that would work well," Ray tells BreatheHeavy. "When I heard 'The Silent Majority' after searching for some good dubstep to listen to, I immediately imagined 'Everytime' over it in my head, and I knew I had to get to work! I hope people can listen to it and feel every emotion that 'Everytime' intended the listener to feel, but with a more current sound. In some parts I changed the melody to preserve the dreaminess of the original, but with something fresh and exciting!"

He adds: "I've been such a huge Britney fan since I was 3-years-old, and her music brings me so much happiness. She's such an inspiration to me and has been such an icon in my life and has been a voice for me and many others in the LGBTQ+ community."

Listen below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, indyRS said:

Aw, it won't play for me.

But I'm sure it is good!!

4 minutes ago, ayu2hami said:

Great! I never listen to dubstep music/remixes but I like this one, it's something different and it fit the song very well! Consider uploading it on YT I bet people will appreciate that (me aswell) ;)  

Thank you both so much!!! I'm gonna upload it to Youtube next :) I just want to make cover art for it first

5 hours ago, FocusOnMe said:

https://soundcloud.com/50shadesofrayy/everytime-midnight-bootleg-mix

Check out my new remix of Everytime! It's mashed up with The Silent Majority by Vexare, and I also added some new vocals/changed the melody in some parts! Enjoy!

are these new vocals or ones that are pitch shifted? I love it! Its still incredibly dreamy, but sounds warmer than the original, more like a love song than an apology.

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

are these new vocals or ones that are pitch shifted? I love it! Its still incredibly dreamy, but sounds warmer than the original, more like a love song than an apology.

Pitch shifted! Thank you SO much! It's mainly a ton of pitch correction and Logic Pro's handy Flex Pitch feature!

Archived