Britney needs a Club Banger, pop, for her next Lead single

Paulino999

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Silhouette said:

What she really needs is a decent promo plan and good timing, I mean, Make Me could've literally smashed if they hadn't messed up everything, you know? At first it was doing amazing on iTunes, if they hadn't waited weeks for the promo to start, and if they had prepared the MV and the performances more carefully it would've done much better. Just the fact that it peaked at 17 when almost everything was a mess proves that it could've easily been a top 10 or a top 5. So yeah, I think that the problem is not the song choice :outwithit:

And we can't forget...didn't Katy Perry released her single around the same time? 

Make Me's original video would've really made a huge difference IMO. 

8 hours ago, nels64 said:

She literally needs the OPPOSITE of this...Work *****, Make Me, even Slumber Party were all "club bangers". Slumber Party was #1 on Billboard's top Club songs for weeks. 

She needs something DIFFERENT and SHOCKING. She needs to EVOLVE. The GP isn't here for Britney being 35 and pretending like she's still 25. Her legacy will go down the toilet unless she builds some artistic integrity. 

She needs a song like Just Like Me or something similar. Something that shows off her voice and gets people to stop and go "wait this is BRITNEY?" and is also somewhat catchy. The club replayability can come with remixes. Look at what is gaining traction now. You have songs like Praying and Bad Liar being people's leads now. Britney is not going to impress anyone with a basic club banger. She's not going to impress us and she's not going to impress the the GP. 

9 hours ago, nels64 said:

She literally needs the OPPOSITE of this...Work *****, Make Me, even Slumber Party were all "club bangers". Slumber Party was #1 on Billboard's top Club songs for weeks. 

She needs something DIFFERENT and SHOCKING. She needs to EVOLVE. The GP isn't here for Britney being 35 and pretending like she's still 25. Her legacy will go down the toilet unless she builds some artistic integrity. 

She needs a song like Just Like Me or something similar. Something that shows off her voice and gets people to stop and go "wait this is BRITNEY?" and is also somewhat catchy. The club replayability can come with remixes. Look at what is gaining traction now. You have songs like Praying and Bad Liar being people's leads now. Britney is not going to impress anyone with a basic club banger. She's not going to impress us and she's not going to impress the the GP. 

Since when is make me a club banger :girlwhat: djs had to make remix to play it. I kinda get get sp but even then its just a mid tempo bop.

any song that hasnt been a club banger or classic pop hasnt been a hit for britney(top10) just leave u with that :outwithit:

MAKE Me was a waste opportunity, totallly agree with that,

she needs uptempo,  a club banger. , something catchy,pop, 

people loves britney when she delivers, something aggressive, uptempo, club banger, 

we haven't had a club banger  single since  work b, 2013

prettygirls, mid tempo, 

make me mid tempo, 

slumber mid tempo, 

glory is a masterpiece, but they let it die, 

we need hiam, womanizer, gimme more, ttwe, 2.0

8 hours ago, Silhouette said:

What she really needs is a decent promo plan and good timing, I mean, Make Me could've literally smashed if they hadn't messed up everything, you know? At first it was doing amazing on iTunes, if they hadn't waited weeks for the promo to start, and if they had prepared the MV and the performances more carefully it would've done much better. Just the fact that it peaked at 17 when almost everything was a mess proves that it could've easily been a top 10 or a top 5. So yeah, I think that the problem is not the song choice :outwithit:

I actually agree with this. I remember when Make Me dropped. I stayed up watching it climb on iTunes real time and he hype on social media regarding the song and the reaction vids on Youtube. SO yeah, I totally agree with this.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:03 AM, chanse84 said:

And we can't forget...didn't Katy Perry released her single around the same time? 

Make Me's original video would've really made a huge difference IMO. 

She did and Make Me slayed it for hoooooooouuuuuuurs till Katy bumped it to number 2 and then Make me took over #1 again. After the VMA's, Make Me went back up to the top 5. Rise rose and then DROPPED.

10 hours ago, nels64 said:

Have you seen half the **** the GP supports

12 minutes ago, Jay Holiday said:

She did and Make Me slayed it for hoooooooouuuuuuurs still Katy bumped it to number 2 and then Make me took over #1 again. After the VMA's took it went back up to the top 5. Rise rose and then DROPPED.

Make Me was already in the top 5 on itunes before the VMA performance at #3

It moved 1 spot to #2 after the VMA performance

10 hours ago, Godllory said:

but the situation is different for Britney. We saw it.  :mattafact:

ITs moreso cause the focus was elsewhere and the drama leading up to mm, not the song itself. It did pretty well considering. B10 rides on Britney and her team's commitment to it- Britney always is open to trying new things but her team needs to think of how to present her. 

For an album they worked so long on it seemed like they just rushed it even BJ seemed less chaotic

i think her team needs to mix it up with singles/ smart promo and presentation cause she's stuck with bangers (she makes amazing ones) but only fans know how versatile she is. Plus the whole live singing thing

27 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

gurl when was the last time controversy worked for anyone? nothing shocks people anymore

What's controversial fr her now is literally devote herself to something nobody would expect from her. (Live singing/convincing pre recording :calculating:) It worked for Rihanna and Bey - they can still do bangers but they went from churning out hits to truly committing to an era. I really feel like just dumping Glory like it was BJ was a big mistake, it would've been good for image to show her committed to something cause ppl already think she's lazy even if it flops, there have been albums that rebound, especially one w 18 good and all different tracks

Glory and make me were a good start but I feel like a stronger 2.0 could be great. You can make mature, personal music that bangs. Mix it up! She's been safe since Circus and this last album was a chance to attract new audiences 

Archived