Britney needs a Club Banger, pop, for her next Lead single

Paulino999

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What she really needs is a decent promo plan and good timing, I mean, Make Me could've literally smashed if they hadn't messed up everything, you know? At first it was doing amazing on iTunes, if they hadn't waited weeks for the promo to start, and if they had prepared the MV and the performances more carefully it would've done much better. Just the fact that it peaked at 17 when almost everything was a mess proves that it could've easily been a top 10 or a top 5. So yeah, I think that the problem is not the song choice :outwithit:

4 hours ago, nels64 said:

She literally needs the OPPOSITE of this...Work *****, Make Me, even Slumber Party were all "club bangers". Slumber Party was #1 on Billboard's top Club songs for weeks. 

She needs something DIFFERENT and SHOCKING. She needs to EVOLVE. The GP isn't here for Britney being 35 and pretending like she's still 25. Her legacy will go down the toilet unless she builds some artistic integrity. 

She needs a song like Just Like Me or something similar. Something that shows off her voice and gets people to stop and go "wait this is BRITNEY?" and is also somewhat catchy. The club replayability can come with remixes. Look at what is gaining traction now. You have songs like Praying and Bad Liar being people's leads now. Britney is not going to impress anyone with a basic club banger. She's not going to impress us and she's not going to impress the the GP. 

She already did Make Me and we know how that went :britstare11:

She needs a club banger that's what she's best known for and for someone who doesn't sing live this type of songs fit very well lol 

4 hours ago, nels64 said:

She literally needs the OPPOSITE of this...Work *****, Make Me, even Slumber Party were all "club bangers". Slumber Party was #1 on Billboard's top Club songs for weeks. 

She needs something DIFFERENT and SHOCKING. She needs to EVOLVE. The GP isn't here for Britney being 35 and pretending like she's still 25. Her legacy will go down the toilet unless she builds some artistic integrity. 

She needs a song like Just Like Me or something similar. Something that shows off her voice and gets people to stop and go "wait this is BRITNEY?" and is also somewhat catchy. The club replayability can come with remixes. Look at what is gaining traction now. You have songs like Praying and Bad Liar being people's leads now. Britney is not going to impress anyone with a basic club banger. She's not going to impress us and she's not going to impress the the GP. 

With a good quality and different club banger.. Not basic.. 

What you say is risky for Britney.. :nyschool:

GP loved Britney with up tempo songs..Britney has achieved average success even if they do not make more promos. :lemmetellu:

Also she could SHOCK with the MV or special promo plans... 

3 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

club bungerz are out at the moment. even Calvin Harris makes funky, midtempo music 

but the situation is different for Britney. We saw it.  :mattafact:

5 hours ago, nels64 said:

200.gif

This. Britney needs to innovate, be artistic, personal, show off her talent, and she needs to not follow trends. 

50 minutes ago, Godllory said:

With a good quality and different club banger.. Not basic.. 

What you say is risky for Britney.. :nyschool:

GP loved Britney with up tempo songs..Britney has achieved average success even if they do not make more promos. :lemmetellu:

Also she could SHOCK with the MV or special promo plans... 

Those were different times though. Literally anything traditionally pop sounding is out right now. Look at the charts right now. It's mostly all males, and they're very different songs from traditional club bangers. There's Despacito - a Spanish song.  Wild Thoughts - not sure what this is but it's not a club banger or "Britney" pop. R&B? That's What I Like - R&B. I'm the One - hip hop inspired pop. Believer - Rock.  Unforgettable - hip hop and dancehall. Like others have said, even Calvin Harris is doing funk and songs you'd never expect to have success (Selena's Bad Liar) are having moderate success. Pop music has changed. Manufactured pop, manufactured pop stars (especially pop girls), club bangers - they're all not "in" anymore. This is why Britney needs to change her image and do something that shows talent, that innovates, but can still appeal to a large audience. People only think of Britney as a manufactured pop star, and it doesn't help that she lip syncs to her studio tracks. 

I don't know why I bothered writing this because we all know nothing is going to change when it comes to Britney, but oh well. 

We can't predict what will strike with the audience by the time her song comes out but I want something high quality with killer production. It needs to be next level no matter the style. If she does upbeat then I want another Toxic, if it's midtempo then a Just like me 3.0 that's haunting, and if it's a ballad then an Everytime. The music needs to be great and it needs to be promoted well cough Make me cough and accompanied with amazing visuals in performances and the video. 

Archived