Where did this Britney go?

Urbanney

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Urbanney said:

The thing that sucks most about her losing this, is that she had her own style of dancing (like anyone does) that no one else can come close to. Even the dancers doing this same choreography, they don't perform it like Britney does. Just like how in her prime, she always stood out from her dancers even if she wasn't technically performing it the best, but because her style, passion, and the way she executed it in her own way stood out. Now, it's like most of her choreography doesn't fit what her style was at all, and even if there is good choreo, she doesn't dance with the same style and swag that she used to anymore. It's been completely lost :( 

Where did it go though. Maybe if we all team up we can find it:snooptoya:

Andres was with her since the BOMT era (I think) and on a lot of her early tours and performances. He knew how she moved and flowed and what suited her body, as well as having an honest relationship with her, so he could tell her do it more like this or push this out further, and she would listen to it. That's why the Circus video (and the rehearsals for it), the Womanizer rehearsals, and Mannequin rehearsals looked so well, he worked for her....and then Daddy came in and kicked him off for not doing a urine sample or some *****, and we got Jamie King's team, who kept bits and pieces but watered them down. I do think Britney suffered from nerves a lot (Andres kinda admitted that she was only starting to find herself in the FTR Doc), but she hid it better, and she had the people on her side. 

With FF, we had Brian. Who's style had evolved a lot since his days with Britney, and become far more contemporary (if you watch his old stuff, the elements were there). I truly believe he went in thinking he'd be working with Onyx-ney, or a healthier, happier Britney with a new fire, but we had a completely uniterested Britney, who wasn't mentally in the game, and whose priorities had switched, and just wasn't ready. He left when he realised this. He choreographed the dancers in his style, but then gave Brit the watered down stuff. Jamie King comes in with more control and we get a further water down (TTWE). She froze up far more on stage than she did during Circus, but her team definitely knew that it wasn't gonna be a return to form. Anything documentary or footage they released was minimal, or didn't feature Britney. We have the I AM THE FEMME FATALE documentary, and we see the Vegas surprise performance stuff, and it looks good, we have the dress rehearsal stuff but that featured minimal dancing, and we had the How I Roll leak, which was all hands and being carried. Other than that, the heavy lifting was done by the dancers for the BTS stuff. 

Then we had the Squared Division, who definitely had their own style, but were more interpretive, lyrical or planned performances (watch their stuff for So You Think You Can Dance), and I truly believe they were out of their depth for an entire show. Their style never suited Britney. If you watch the IABJ rehearsal footage, its not that great, and its not as great as we pretend it is. Toxic was edited like crazy. The first WB rehearsal is zoomed weirdly, the others are either sped up or no better than the actual performance and then we have 1.5 tidbits of the rest they're no better, unless they're the slowed down ''i'm going through this slowly'' part. Less anxious than FF, but no more interested in her performances until mid 2015, and then it became more common. Lets remember the IABJ doc was produced by the same people who did Keeping Up the Kardashians....of course it was gonna put whatever they have in the best light, regardless of what it takes.

I do think Britney has a new found passion in her career, not to the same level as Primeney, but a new interest, but POM is a mess and they're just counting down the days till its over. If she works with the right people, and they work for her (not to their own vision, focus on her movements) then we'll see a difference, but the big thing will be Britney bringing the fire in her eyes, like she used to and we've seen it a few times on POM where she's just let go, and loosens up and kills it!

3 hours ago, button said:

I believe it. She's dancing very well in the video, i don't buy that she got backlash for this. The actual tour on the other hand... :weusay:

I remember that everybody were so happy when this video came out, because it was prove that Britney can still dance. Fans thought that she lost her skills because of bad 2007 VMAs performance and lack of real choreography in POM MV. Everybody thought Britney is back, and then we got circus era performances..

And let's be real this mannequin rehearsal video is on primeney level.

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Lmao were you a stan during the Circus tour? If you were you probably remember when Mannequin was announced as a setlist addition for the EU leg and we were SO HYPE for Andre's choreography and then... :meltdown: the meltdowns were a kii

I remember we all thought that she will perform this choreography at 2008 VMAs, and everybody thought she will slay it. And then after this video nothing was the same anymore..

Britney has improved I'm to the point that I'm just happy for all of her accomplishments, I still support and love her.

I know she has more inside of her dance wise and voice wise, but she already let us know she has nothing more to prove.

Britney lips her shows so her lies on singing POM in Vegas live are as bad of a lie as Milli Vanilli's careers.

Britney hardly promotes her music and singles like the heavy hitters of today are doing.

With all of this people still flew out to she her Vegas show that most of us are over, made it a success and shes happy with her kids, and shes getting balance in her life.

Clearly something is wrong if shes been in a C Ship this long with no end in sight and not want to fight for control of her life after a decade of this.

RCA could care less about BJ and Glory flopping cause if she signs with another venue for a residency in Vegas and releases her 20th anniversary album with hardly no promo it will tank like the two prior.

In the end I don't love everything shes done since 2004, but I sit back and think we can be happy shes alive, performing, and still trying cause at this point being in that C Ship, the music is her only gateway.

:urite:

9 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

She sucked during Circus. When this video came out, she got bashed a lot for not performing as fluidly as she did in her prime. Mannequin's choreo was decent back then. Today, it's 'amazing' because of how shitty britney has gotten as a performer and dancer. Anything post-2004 ish sucks. It's sad how she was great for like 5 minutes. She got opportunities that few people get in their life. She threw everything away. And don't tell me she had a breakdown. She brought that breakdown upon herself by not listening to anyone around her. She made bad decision after bad decision until she ****** herself over. Also, her breakdown was like 10 years ago. She's lazy and has no fluidity anymore. She lost her fluidity and dance abilities after 2004. TCSBS only had attitude, other than that, it was crap.

I actually feel that her prime was too short :(

Archived