"Britney Spears" 1998 Album Questions

Circuit

35 minutes ago, d2punkrock4thisw said:

Is his shop even active anymore?

I haven't been able to access it in months... I was thinking I was banned because I pointed out the typo on the album posted above.

I don't have it in HQ but I have a scan from the BOMT vinyl single

136.jpg

Omg thanks! Do you have the full scan?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first version of the album was supposed to include songs produced by Full Force and Sturken & Rogers (they later worked with Xtina on her debut). Too bad the songs didn't leak because it looks like the direction they were going for was a bit more "urban"-ish.

THE ORIGINAL ALBUM PROMO FLYER

Did anyone try to message the producers for some information?

867709de48edc114da1380e3f3b6df76e6450212

21 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

The first version of the album was supposed to include songs produced by Full Force and Sturken & Rogers (they later worked with Xtina on her debut). Too bad the songs didn't leak because it looks like the direction they were going for was a bit more "urban"-ish.

Interesting. I always thought the album was supposed to have more pop rock songs as well (the original version of Sometimes has an acoustic intro/the bonus remix of Born To Make You Happy was acoustic too and is supposed to be the demo?) 

Strawberrykisses (a user on here) was in touch with Eric Foster White and he said on his linkedin he recorded several songs with Britney for the album in 1997/1998 that didn't make the cut. 

20 minutes ago, Jill Valentine said:

:omgreallyney:  I wish I was related to him, all of his work is so good.

But why did he cut "I Will Be There"?  There's footage of her recording that song for her debut.  

It's not included on the Re-Sequence CD

55 minutes ago, Kartofelek said:

That's so interesting! So LTHA must've been included on the original track list :idkney:

Do we know of any other songs Britney did with Full Force? I love R&Bney :yesplease:

8 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The what?

that was a pre-release promo cd that included where are you now instead of deep in my heart for baby one more time album. in late 98.

jive used that cd to promote britney's debut but bomt was so big that jive  ended pushing it for 99. or that's what i think.

i guess that explains somehow why deep in my heart ended being a bside of oops when it came out.

6 minutes ago, LionHeart said:

that was a pre-release promo cd that included where are you now instead of deep in my heart for baby one more time album. in late 98.

jive used that cd to promote britney's debut but bomt was so big that jive  ended pushing it for 99. or that's what i think.

i guess that explains somehow why deep in my heart ended being a bside of oops when it came out.

To be fair, Deep In My Heart is also an international bonus BOMT track. :yaknow: 

Archived