JT vs Britney poll (BILLBOARD)

ohoney

27 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

The hive has always been pressed because they know Britney is the bigger legend despite the fact that she's flopping now (although, as someone said, if she had Beyonce's motivation/team story would be different) and Beyonce took 15 years to reach a quarter of the fame Britney got since day 1. And some Britney fans don't like the fact that Beyonce is the most popular one right now, although we all know it's because all the other Pop girls settled down. Someone once said this and it made me think and I must agree, Beyonce was overshadowed during the entire 2000s by Britney/Xtina, then she tried it around 2008/2009 and Gaga overshadowed her for years, now that Britney stopped caring about her career, Xtina and especially Gaga are flopping, etc etc, she is this bigger artist, but she could never and failed to compete with Xtina/Britney/Gaga at their best. I like some songs of her and definitely don't hate her and have called out Britney fans on racist jokes about her because racism is the most pointless thing ever to me. But as some Beyonce fan said the other day despite the fact she's a good artist, she doesn't have a great personality and that's what can't let me become a fan, although i love Drunk In Love/Partition/Formation/Hold Up/Beautiful Liar and the 'to the left, to the left' song from her.

The fact that both came out around the same time and both have overshadowed each other keeps this war between the fanbases.

I am one of the people that used to dislike Beyonce but c'mon. Christina never in her prime was as loved as Gaga, much less Beyonce. I mean, that is such an exaggeration. Beyonce is one of the most loved artists. Everyone wants to be her. Everyone from country female artists to pop artists name drop her and talk about how they want to be their "inner Beyonce".

Men in this industry that are actors even and not music artists name drop her. She was one of the few singers mentioned on "Friends". 

Faith Hill is older and has been at this career longer yet she talks about wanting to be her. She is mentioned on every teenage girl related show all the way to real life teens who are obsessed with talking about how "epic" and "perfect" she is as a woman, performer, and an artist.

Gaga is definitely always been the most popular artists with the gays but overall with the female demographic that usually controls how much money the industry gets, Beyonce is way ahead in popularity.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I don't hate her too but just not fond of her but I don't understand why the Army hates her and vice-versa.

I mean in general the Hive is known to be a very aggressive and kind of cruel fanbase. Of course that is not a perfect generalization, as many Beyonce fans are actually kind and reasonable. It's just that a good chunk of her fanbase is very fanatical about Beyonce and mean towards the Britney Army. I don't know if some fans feel threatened, which they shouldn't I mean Britney has no intention of being superstar of the world again. Maybe for some strange reason they dislike Britney, which I didn't think was possible. Either way some unnecessary bad blood.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
1 hour ago, sarahbbyy said:

I am one of the people that used to dislike Beyonce but c'mon. Christina never in her prime was as loved as Gaga, much less Beyonce. I mean, that is such an exaggeration. Beyonce is one of the most loved artists. Everyone wants to be her. Everyone from country female artists to pop artists name drop her and talk about how they want to be their "inner Beyonce".

Men in this industry that are actors even and not music artists name drop her. She was one of the few singers mentioned on "Friends". 

Faith Hill is older and has been at this career longer yet she talks about wanting to be her. She is mentioned on every teenage girl related show all the way to real life teens who are obsessed with talking about how "epic" and "perfect" she is as a woman, performer, and an artist.

Gaga is definitely always been the most popular artists with the gays but overall with the female demographic that usually controls how much money the industry gets, Beyonce is way ahead in popularity.

Hun Beyonce is ahead and all that NOW because the music industry is extremely weak right now and she took advantage of that, which was good for ber, but for a decade and a half no one cared about her. And yes Christina Aguilera was a lot more famous and loved than Beyonce, the only person above Xtina in the 2000's was Britney. I think you are underestimating Xtina's impact... Beyonce could never compete with the big stars, hence why her husband had to keep using tacky gimmicks, like outbiding everyone from the label Britney was at because he wanted his wife to have that level of success. Even nowadays Bey ain't that big, if she really was that big Kanye West would have not exposed her for BLACKMAILING MTV to win the video of the year award last year. Beyonce isn't anything out of this world and was overshadowed for almost 15 years by other pop girls:tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Hun Beyonce is ahead and all that NOW because the music industry is extremely weak right now and she took advantage of that, which was good for ber, but for a decade and a half no one cared about her. And yes Christina Aguilera was a lot more famous and loved than Beyonce, the only person above Xtina in the 2000's was Britney. I think you are underestimating Xtina's impact... Beyonce could never compete with the big stars, hence why her husband had to keep using tacky gimmicks, like outbiding everyone from the label Britney was at because he wanted his wife to have that level of success. Even nowadays Bey ain't that big, if she really was that big Kanye West would have not exposed her for BLACKMAILING MTV to win the video of the year award last year. Beyonce isn't anything out of this world and was overshadowed for almost 15 years by other pop girls:tiffcackle:

Hun, I am not a Beyonce fan. I promise. I think she is HIGHLY overrated but c'mon. You know that is not close to being true. Everything you say sounds way more based on opinion than fact. Where are the receipts for this?

Okay, I know very little about Beyonce's chart stats in detail but I do know that you are wrong. Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, every single off of her Beyonce's debut album, Dangerously In Love on it's own was long running in the charts. Crazy In Love and everything she did from that decade is still more talked about and is number one on almost every list for greatest impacts of songs and music videos. 

Beyonce's debut solo album only sold two million less than Stripped and it came a year after. It also sold a million more over In The Zone during that time. Crazy In Love is considered also the most popular videos of all time by a female artist. Go on any list talking about impactful music videos and you'll see that as well. 

Talk to any young women who grew up anytime during Beyonce's entire career. Talk to anyone in show business. Watch interviews of every famous person(a little exaggeration but still) right now. Beyonce's name always get dropped, even when there is no topic related to her.

If it's music, Maren Morris(a country singer) says Beyonce is the only person she is a fan of outside of country music. Faith Hill said she wanted to be her. Everyone in the industry from Lady Gaga to Katy Perry said that she is legendary and best woman in the business. Adele calls her a queen. Ryan Reynolds, an actor, talks about how she is one of the best in the business. He has no relation to her whatsoever. His wife is also obsessed with her. Katie Holmes talked about how her and her friends tried to imitate her. 

Anna Kendrick says she is obsessed with her. Hugh Jackman says she is the most talented person on earth. I also used the example of the show "Friends" earlier because that was the ultimate pop culture reference show and the only other pop star they ever mentioned was Britney. That was on during 1994-2004, so that particular show mentioning her name is considered a big deal. One character says "It's a small world", yet the main male character on the show says, "yet I never run into Beyonce" shows not only how popular she is with the female species but she was so well known that even adult men during that time loved her. 

Christina was a popular artist. I will give her that and she also made an impact but she was not just overshadowed by Britney. Her comparisons to Britney is the only reason why people paid attention to her. Let's not act like that is not true. She was the true anti-Britney. Sorry Avril.

3 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Can one of you guys explain to me why we hate the Hive and the Hive hates us? I never liked Beyoncé even before I was a fan, it's just something about her :gross:

It is the ultimate queen battle. They both are one of the most popular artists that women are especially obsessed with and they are the best performers of our generation. They are on top and they are the easiest people to compare. 

One of the biggest thing is to me is that Britney was always so great and her success was just high right from the beginning but there was still so many flaws. Her being a blonde white girl, the typical American dream, made the people that did not like her tired of having her shoved in their face. It's so easy to say about her that she is only "popular" for being a cute "white, blonde" woman. On top of that, she is considered by the general public not to be a good singer. 

Beyonce fans might not like that about her. Britney also has had such a lack of respect. Just because people love her, that does not mean they respected her. She had this entire package and in her own way, she had it easy. Britney worked really hard but at the end of the day, being marketable helped elevate her radio friendly songs to stardom level.

Obviously, all artists have star quality and the ones with the most are always the ones who are elevated, Beyonce included. Society is just tired of African American women not getting that respect. However, it is not as simple as people make it out to be. During the time of Billie Holliday, she was the most popular artist of her time, way more than any white female. 

Almost every African American female artist in the industry past that were popular, were most known for their vocals. It's not like Celine Dion or Mariah was ever more loved than Whitney. However, vocals is not what makes other women envy or become obsessed with female artists. It's the entire package of a performer. Unfortunately, before Beyonce, we had very few largely famous African American female artists who were the entire pop package. We had Tina Turner but she was a blues singer. 

Britney fans might hate her because of the fact that Beyonce has had it easy in a way too. Her father being her manager might have opened doors for her to get credits for all of the Destiny's Child songs and her own. She had so much power right away and she is treated like gold by this industry. She never hears a criticism. People praise her like she is the second coming of Jesus. People still love Britney but never praised her like that and they definitely do not anymore. 

42 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

Hun, I am not a Beyonce fan. I promise. I think she is HIGHLY overrated but c'mon. You know that is not close to being true. Everything you say sounds way more based on opinion than fact. Where are the receipts for this?

Okay, I know very little about Beyonce's chart stats in detail but I do know that you are wrong. Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, every single off of her Beyonce's debut album, Dangerously In Love on it's own was long running in the charts. Crazy In Love and everything she did from that decade is still more talked about and is number one on almost every list for greatest impacts of songs and music videos. 

Beyonce's debut solo album only sold two million less than Stripped and it came a year after. It also sold a million more over In The Zone during that time. Crazy In Love is considered also the most popular videos of all time by a female artist. Go on any list talking about impactful music videos and you'll see that as well. 

Talk to any young women who grew up anytime during Beyonce's entire career. Talk to anyone in show business. Watch interviews of every famous person(a little exaggeration but still) right now. Beyonce's name always get dropped, even when there is no topic related to her.

If it's music, Maren Morris(a country singer) says Beyonce is the only person she is a fan of outside of country music. Faith Hill said she wanted to be her. Everyone in the industry from Lady Gaga to Katy Perry said that she is legendary and best woman in the business. Adele calls her a queen. Ryan Reynolds, an actor, talks about how she is one of the best in the business. He has no relation to her whatsoever. His wife is also obsessed with her. Katie Holmes talked about how her and her friends tried to imitate her. 

Anna Kendrick says she is obsessed with her. Hugh Jackman says she is the most talented person on earth. I also used the example of the show "Friends" earlier because that was the ultimate pop culture reference show and the only other pop star they ever mentioned was Britney. That was on during 1994-2004, so that particular show mentioning her name is considered a big deal. One character says "It's a small world", yet the main male character on the show says, "yet I never run into Beyonce" shows not only how popular she is with the female species but she was so well known that even adult men during that time loved her. 

Christina was a popular artist. I will give her that and she also made an impact but she was not just overshadowed by Britney. Her comparisons to Britney is the only reason why people paid attention to her. Let's not act like that is not true. She was the true anti-Britney. Sorry Avril.

Hun you are clearly looking for an argument over something you can't accept, therefore I won't even read that as nothing written by a random user on a Pop Forum can change this kind of history. Xtina was a bigger artist than Beyonce during the 2000's. Nothing that you say will change that, it is well known that Christina Aguilera received a lot more attention that Beyonce back then, too bad if you are a Xtina hater or a bling member of the hive. No receipts are needed, ask anyone who was alive back then. Deal with this fact and move on. Beyonce will never be the star that Christina Aguilera once was. As an extra, Beyonce has yet to sell 17m copies with an album like Xtina's debut, or furthermore, 13m like Xtina sold with Stripped. If you don't agree then simply exit my notifications and ask your parents because mine and eveyone that I've ever spoke about this to claims that Beyonce was never as big as Xtina, let alone Gaga, let alone Britney Spears.

6 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Hun you are clearly looking for an argument over something you can't accept, therefore I won't even read that as nothing written by a random user on a Pop Forum can change this kind of history. Xtina was a bigger artist than Beyonce during the 2000's. Nothing that you say will change that, it is well known that Christina Aguilera received a lot more attention that Beyonce back then, too bad if you are a Xtina hater or a bling member of the hive. No receipts are needed, ask anyone who was alive back then. Deal with this fact and move on. Beyonce will never be the star that Christina Aguilera once was. As an extra, Beyonce has yet to sell 17m copies with an album like Xtina's debut, or furthermore, 13m like Xtina sold with Stripped. If you don't agree then simply exit my notifications and ask your parents because mine and eveyone that I've ever spoke about this to claims that Beyonce was never as big as Xtina, let alone Gaga, let alone Britney Spears.

For the record tho, a lot of people say Beyoncé's local. I mean I don't know since I didn't live through those times, I was a baby basically. But when people talk about Xtina, they say she was always in Britney's shadow. While Beyoncé had more impact in the 2010s. Imma ask some adults that I know. I mean I know Britney's a bigger legend than Beyonce but I don't know about Xtina.

28 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

All I did was state facts; that's all. You just sound angry and childish for no reason. Don't worry, if it makes you that upset as it is clearly doing, we won't talk about it anymore. Im a huge fan of Britney's anyways. Let's just stick with why we love her, kay? This forum should be all about love for our true queen 

7 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

All I did was state facts; that's all. You just sound angry and childish for no reason. Don't worry, if it makes you that upset as it is clearly doing, we won't talk about it anymore. Im a huge fan of Britney's anyways. Let's just stick with why we love her, kay? This forum should be all about love for our true queen 

How do I sound angry/childish if I was the one that the cut the argument and decided not to extend it:calculating:

I mean you're the one who wrote a huge *** post against a few sentences from me but anyways. What makes me upset is how most of the new generation forgets Xtina's impact in Pop Culture and has the nerve to compare (any) Beyonce against Xtina in her prime... Xtina outsold and outsang her...

If for some reason you have a different opinion then okay, thank's for giving it.

Speaking of the bigger artist, Britney, #BuyB10OnItunes:lemmetellu:

7 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

For the record tho, a lot of people say Beyoncé's local. I mean I don't know since I didn't live through those times, I was a baby basically. But when people talk about Xtina, they say she was always in Britney's shadow. While Beyoncé had more impact in the 2010s. Imma ask some adults that I know. I mean I know Britney's a bigger legend than Beyonce but I don't know about Xtina.

I wouldn't say Beyonce isn't global but she's definitely not as global as Britney/Gaga/Madonna, regarding Britney & Gaga as least considering when they were at their peaks, Britney actually past her peak was still more global than Beyonce. I don't think she's that big of a deal outside the Americas/Europe.

1 hour ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

How do I sound angry/childish if I was the one that the cut the argument and decided not to extend it:calculating:

I mean you're the one who wrote a huge *** post against a few sentences from me but anyways. What makes me upset is how most of the new generation forgets Xtina's impact in Pop Culture and has the nerve to compare (any) Beyonce against Xtina in her prime... Xtina outsold and outsang her...

If for some reason you have a different opinion then okay, thank's for giving it.

Speaking of the bigger artist, Britney, #BuyB10OnItunes:lemmetellu:

I don't know. I am just having a discussion the way we are supposed to on a forum and you are telling me "get over it, everyone tells me Christina made a bigger impact, your wrong" I am not going out of my way to tell you that your wrong. I just don't see how it is possible and my experience and people that I am around tell me something different. Plus, I was actually around during that time, so I do not even have to get too much outside opinion. 

Popularity has nothing to do with impact. I am only talking about obsession with certain artists the way it is with Taylor and Justin now. If we are talking about stand alone impact, I am not denying Christina's It is like denying Demi Lovato. Just because Demi came first, does not mean Ariana is not bigger and more loved.

I feel the same way about Christina. She is more impactful than Beyonce and Britney combined. I just remember Christina never getting credit. I also remember teenage girls (live in Southern California; talk to a diverse group; watch A LOT of different TV shows) and how they always talked about Beyonce's album or her latest video. Everything she did, they copied.

I do not remember Gaga ever having that kind of impact. She was popular for her music and being different. People bought her music and loved her but when you look at the history of Madonna, most women wanted to be her and were obsessed with every part about her like Britney's prime. Beyonce has that but I just don't see Gaga and Christina having that.

Don't get me wrong, Gaga is one of the biggest female artists of our generation and the most popular when she came out. it always seemed like that Christina's "appeal" though had always to do with not being Britney.

However, she turned it around and made an awesome name for herself. All I am trying to say is people did not appreciate it and Beyonce was bigger. If you don't agree, whatever. I promise though that I give Christina her dues for what she has done, which is better than a lot of things Britney or even Beyonce has done. 

4 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

I don't know. I am just having a discussion the way we are supposed to on a forum and you are telling me "get over it, everyone tells me Christina made a bigger impact, your wrong" I am not going out of my way to tell you that your wrong. I just don't see how it is possible and my experience and people that I am around tell me something different. Plus, I was actually around during that time, so I do not even have to get too much outside opinion. 

Popularity has nothing to do with impact. I am only talking about obsession with certain artists the way it is with Taylor and Justin now. If we are talking about stand alone impact, I am not denying Christina's It is like denying Demi Lovato. Just because Demi came first, does not mean Ariana is not bigger and more loved.

I feel the same way about Christina. She is more impactful than Beyonce and Britney combined. I just remember Christina never getting credit. I also remember teenage girls (live in Southern California; talk to a diverse group; watch A LOT of different TV shows) and how they always talked about Beyonce's album or her latest video. Everything she did, they copied.

I do not remember Gaga ever having that kind of impact. She was popular for her music and being different. People bought her music and loved her but when you look at the history of Madonna, most women wanted to be her and were obsessed with every part about her like Britney's prime. Beyonce has that but I just don't see Gaga and Christina having that.

Don't get me wrong, Gaga is one of the biggest female artists of our generation and the most popular when she came out. it always seemed like that Christina's "appeal" though had always to do with not being Britney.

However, she turned it around and made an awesome name for herself. All I am trying to say is people did not appreciate it and Beyonce was bigger. If you don't agree, whatever. I promise though that I give Christina her dues for what she has done, which is better than a lot of things Britney or even Beyonce has done. 

Okay... I won't say you're wrong even tho... Anyways. So if you were around that time, it is actually even worse that you think that Beyonce ever received as much attention as Xtina in her prime.

I also highly disagree with you claiming that Xtina was more impactful than Britney and Beyonce combined, that is not true. Britney was the most impactful out of the three, then Xtina then Beyonce.

You keep telling me how other female singers wanted to be like Beyonce while what I am saying is that Beyonce never got the attention Xtina did in the 2000's and WAS overshadowed left and right by both Xtina, and especially, Britney. We're talking about in general, in general Beyonce was never as famous as them and was overshadowed by them for more than a decade.

You mentioning Taylor and JUSTIN (BIEBER?) left me like this:wtfdidusay: Justin Bieber is not as bg as his team makes him out to be and the fact that he cancelled his tour kast week due to poor ticket sales and that he has to bundle albums with tour tickets like Katy just strengthens my point. Do not put him together with icons please:nobitch: Taylor Swift yeah she is very successful but I just think she is cool, she isn't iconic but definitely huge and a sales/touring monster just like Adele.

In general, you cannot deny that Gaga had a bigger impact than Beyonce, everyone knows they did, when Gaga came out and for the next few years after she definitely got more attention than Beyonce ever did. In terms of impact/overshadowing other it goes Britney > Gaga > Xtina > Beyonce, Beyonce was never HUUUUGE like the rest of the girls managed to be.

You've given your opinion, I strongly disagree and so will most of the people that and gladly opinions cannot change Pop History and the fact that Beyonce is the one that never had an album debuting with over 1m (Xtina too) and all the girls I mentioned have albums that sold more than Beyonce's highest selling one, it ain't about sales but just mentioning it.

24 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Okay... I won't say you're wrong even tho... Anyways. So if you were around that time, it is actually even worse that you think that Beyonce ever received as much attention as Xtina in her prime.

I also highly disagree with you claiming that Xtina was more impactful than Britney and Beyonce combined, that is not true. Britney was the most impactful out of the three, then Xtina then Beyonce.

You keep telling me how other female singers wanted to be like Beyonce while what I am saying is that Beyonce never got the attention Xtina did in the 2000's and WAS overshadowed left and right by both Xtina, and especially, Britney. We're talking about in general, in general Beyonce was never as famous as them and was overshadowed by them for more than a decade.

You mentioning Taylor and JUSTIN (BIEBER?) left me like this:wtfdidusay: Justin Bieber is not as bg as his team makes him out to be and the fact that he cancelled his tour kast week due to poor ticket sales and that he has to bundle albums with tour tickets like Katy just strengthens my point. Do not put him together with icons please:nobitch: Taylor Swift yeah she is very successful but I just think she is cool, she isn't iconic but definitely huge and a sales/touring monster just like Adele.

In general, you cannot deny that Gaga had a bigger impact than Beyonce, everyone knows they did, when Gaga came out and for the next few years after she definitely got more attention than Beyonce ever did. In terms of impact/overshadowing other it goes Britney > Gaga > Xtina > Beyonce, Beyonce was never HUUUUGE like the rest of the girls managed to be.

You've given your opinion, I strongly disagree and so will most of the people that and gladly opinions cannot change Pop History and the fact that Beyonce is the one that never had an album debuting with over 1m (Xtina too) and all the girls I mentioned have albums that sold more than Beyonce's highest selling one, it ain't about sales but just mentioning it.

I never said Justin Bieber was iconic but I went to the typical American high school during that time. I went to parties with my friends in different cities in southern California. There was no place where Justin Bieber along with One Direction were not mentioned. Girls were so obsessed with them that it went beyond just posters in their room. I am in college currently where girls are so obsessed still that they are paying the ultimate package deals to attend a meet and greet and concert.

Maybe, things have changed now but I am talking about the eras related to his first two big albums.

Taylor Swift is a little less obsessed worthy than the former ones I mentioned. However, she has a hugely large fan base. Again, I never said she was iconic but she has had made a huge impact in this industry right now. She is a great songwriter and business woman but that's it.

When I said Christina is more impactful, I mean that what she has done for female artists is more legendary. She took full control of her career, explored her sexuality in a more open way, and also wrote a lot about personal experiences and girl power. Britney is obviously the biggest thing in this generation, obviously not as big as Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley but she reminds me of them in a sense she will always be remembered that way but it's mainly because she is such an iconic performer.

However, that is what I meant by Christina making "more" of an impact. We all know who was the bigger one of the two.

Also, of course Christina was very huge during her prime but I also feel that just because a person was bigger at one point, does not make them more famous overall. i am not just comparing Christina to Beyonce's popularity now. It just seems like even though Christina might have been a bigger household name before she came along, Beyonce has always been an extremely loved individual, more loved and envied than Christina. It's okay though, let's agree to disagree. I just see it differently.

However, Beyonce is still very much an R&B artist, so in my opinion, it is inevitable that she got less album sales. Lady Gaga might have been a powerhouse in the industry 2008-2011 but Single Ladies was huge when it came out and the industry and general public stayed jaw dropped and obsessed just by that period alone. I mean, Taylor gets a lot more album sales than Beyonce but that's because the people that buy the most album sales are the adults who are buying it for their kids.

Who do you think they are going to pick? Taylor or Beyonce? It's not always a matter of general taste or popularity. Even Britney as iconic as she is, had as many album sales as she had during that time because her target demographic are the ones who buys the most. Little "mainly upper class white" girls who saved up their allowance for their favorite artist.

5 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

It looks like she already won and is up against Katy now??? Or am I reading this wrong 

tumblr_otz1tkIKMV1rtxg87o1_1280.png

No, she didn't. It's basically showing the choices you make and if she wins then with who she will be facing when the voting between her and JT ends. 

Archived