When did you become a Britney Fan? [Talk]

Bxnes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016.  Technically I was growing up when she came out and was a very brief fan when she made an appearance on the show Sabrina in 1999, which I was a fan of at the time.  

But I was into hip-hop throughout most of the 2000s.  I honestly did not know she did 'Toxic' until 2016 and that's when I began to look at her whole discography and saw that she does have a great discography compared to her peers.

I also re-examined her period from 2002-2008 and see it much different in my mid-20s than I did as a teenager.

I would say what made become a fan more than anything was how much people really love rooting against her in an obsessive way.  I was actually one of those people during most of the 2000s that casually joined in on that pile-on and it just was not right.  So while she definitely has made both professional/personal mistakes, I just find so many people rooting against her a reason to be a fan.

That said, she obviously has room to improve/evolve as a performer.

I was really young when BOMT first came out, so I became a fan a few years after that but I've always loved her ever since I was a little girl. BOMT and GH:MP were two of the first albums I ever owned. I also had a Stronger single CD since it was my favourite Britney song growing up. 

I didn't really start to actively follow her career up until about four or five years ago though. It was a slow transition... it started with innocently rediscovering some of her old songs on Youtube, and then one day I purchased the Circus album... And suddenly I owned every single album and started listening to her 24/7. I'm so glad I did though because I really can't imagine a world where Britney's music isn't such a huge part of who I am now. 

I became a Britney fan when I was 8 years old, Womanizer released and I was so shocked by (what I thought) the explicitness of the video and I was worried in case my family caught me watching it :Lshark:

That same year Lady Gaga debuted and I am so shook I grew up stanning 2 amazing artists 

I've been such a stan since then. And back in sept 2016 I got to see POM for my 17th birthday and I were so close to the stage it felt unreal. :brit::brit::brit:

Circus era, both Womanizer and Circus were huge hits here so that's how I knew her in the first place. I became a hardcore fan/ stan with FF that's when I found out about her breakdown, her prime, her past albums etc... Also she was the reason why I started to take dance classes at that time, I'll be forever thankful to her for being such an inspiration 

Archived