Anybody dancing till their body aches tonight?

Cappycorn87

8 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

lol I remember that time when I was hours dancing to a gig and had terrible shoes

which artist were you seeing btw?

It's a Mexican tour called 90's Pop Tour which has 8 artists that were huge in the 90's here in Mexico and Latin America. They perform about 5 songs per act, and they do collaborations on most of the songs, so it gives a total of 45 songs I think, nonstop, so that's why it lasts so long.

The artists are OV7, Fey, Aleks Syntek, Erik Rubín, Caló, Litzy, JNS and The Sacados. I grew up listening to that music, and most of them have been active all these years, so I had to go to the concert. I know them before I even knew about Britney.

Btw, some outfits of the girls reminded me of Britney's POM costumes, I wonder if they were influenced by her. One was very similar to the red catsuit, well, not catsuit but when she looked like a devil for BOMT/OIDIA when she had mermaid hair, and the other one was very similar to Do Somethin' from POM 2.0, she even used a chair and a whip like the one from Freakshow.

Here are some videos if you're interested :P

and the full playlist:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
On 30.7.2017 at 10:44 PM, PokemonSpears said:

It's a Mexican tour called 90's Pop Tour which has 8 artists that were huge in the 90's here in Mexico and Latin America. They perform about 5 songs per act, and they do collaborations on most of the songs, so it gives a total of 45 songs I think, nonstop, so that's why it lasts so long.

The artists are OV7, Fey, Aleks Syntek, Erik Rubín, Caló, Litzy, JNS and The Sacados. I grew up listening to that music, and most of them have been active all these years, so I had to go to the concert. I know them before I even knew about Britney.

Btw, some outfits of the girls reminded me of Britney's POM costumes, I wonder if they were influenced by her. One was very similar to the red catsuit, well, not catsuit but when she looked like a devil for BOMT/OIDIA when she had mermaid hair, and the other one was very similar to Do Somethin' from POM 2.0, she even used a chair and a whip like the one from Freakshow.

Here are some videos if you're interested :P

and the full playlist:

Yeah, it is very cool, to my mind not that many artists use whip for example?

I like their voices, especially the women of course, I like the "smokey" voice :giggleney:

I like the second song even more than the first one, probably because of the "rock'n'roll" lol

But the first song sounds totally like some of my fellow countrymen 90's songs, I guess there is a common sound. I love the sound of 90's.

It is also cool when you have HQ videos of the whole concert, not many concerts have that!

4 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

Yeah, it is very cool, to my mind not that many artists use whip for example?

I like their voices, especially the women of course, I like the "smokey" voice :giggleney:

I like the second song even more than the first one, probably because of the "rock'n'roll" lol

But the first song sounds totally like some of my fellow countrymen 90's songs, I guess there is a common sound. I love the sound of 90's.

It is also cool when you have HQ videos of the whole concert, not many concerts have that!

I know, I love that they released a DVD (and of course I love even more they uploaded the videos to YouTube for free :giggleney: ) I love pop music in general, I grew up with it, and even though I'm not a huge fan of all of the artists from that tour, I had to go, because I knew it was gonna be a hit after hit, and it was. I didn't sit down once from 10:00 pm to 1:30 am, I danced even the ballads lol

And yeah, that second song, well, the whole number is a medley of covers, those are songs from the 90's too but by other artists that are not in the tour. Actually, the song the blonde one sings, Mío,  is originally by Paulina Rubio, her first single as a solo artist.

tumblr_myrf66wUi41tozwrlo1_250.gif

And I noticed the POM reference even before, in a previous tour they had in 2015 where they used more chairs à la Do Somethin', in an even cheaper way lol

* two of the women were pregnant at the time of this DVD

/end of Latin Pop music promo :P

Archived