Femme Fatale review

ShowdownITZ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I only ever listen to the singles, "Inside Out," and some of the bonus tracks (specifically, "Scary," "Up n' Down," and HATLM). 

To me, the album as a whole lacks the essence of Britney. Like, sure, the songs are technically catchy and there's nothing explicitly wrong with them, but they could've basically been sung by anyone (especially Ke$ha). Overall, it just sounds very formulaic to me, like a Paint-By-Numbers: Pop Edition.  And other than the singles and the other select songs noted above, just about every track sounds the same to me. It's a lot of filler, albeit fun filler. 

Don't drag me, just my personal opinion :pieceofwhat:

23m4v3b.jpg

Yes,  all of this. I've been saying this since the FF era.

(Though I do give Scary the biggest pass ever, since I was never expecting a song from Halloween-ney/Britney Witch.)

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
47 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Hey don't shade that poor girl. She's actually really nice and always speaks up for Britney. 

She's horrible and annoying. Sorry but that's my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I think ME was her GGGB era, DW was her Rated R era and hopefully her next era will be her Loud era. :urite:

I really hope so. She's improved so much on stage like before you could barely understand what she was saying, now you can and you enjoy her performances.

1 hour ago, OopsOverprotected said:

here's the music video to her fifth single.

you're welcome. ;)

currentney could kill this choreo 

I love femmefataleney but she really was robotney

imabine tilltheworld ends, hold it against me and all the femme fatales choreos with current britney :scalped:

2 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I really hope so. She's improved so much on stage like before you could barely understand what she was saying, now you can and you enjoy her performances.

She's reportedly gonna perform at the VMAs. She'll probably debut her lead there like she did with STS. I'm happy she's performing there but I think the VMAs this year are going to be beyond tragic. :gross:

If anything I think FF actually gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here. Don't think it's overrated. I personally think it's a better album than Circus. 

I'm surprised you didn't like Seal It With a Kiss or Selfish but you like pretty much all the tracks that I do which is cool, even Criminal :) (although I've never really liked How I Roll for some reason). Also check out Scary the Japanese bonus track, it is REALLY good and would have made a great single!

3 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She's reportedly gonna perform at the VMAs. She'll probably debut her lead there like she did with STS. I'm happy she's performing there but I think the VMAs this year are going to be beyond tragic. :gross:

Her performance last year was tragic. She really should've have lipped or pre-recorded. Britney's impact :slayney: but yeah the VMAs this year are lining up to be one of the worst. Like Katy Perry is hosting :tiffcackle: and the nominations are so bad like I don't know most of those videos. 

4 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Her performance last year was tragic. She really should've have lipped or pre-recorded. Britney's impact :slayney: but yeah the VMAs this year are lining up to be one of the worst. Like Katy Perry is hosting :tiffcackle: and the nominations are so bad like I don't know most of those videos. 

Katy hosting is why I'm watching. It's gonna be a mess and I'm here for it. :janet:

The nominations are horrible. The fact that a video from a flop song with only 30M views got like two nominations while actual hits didn't get any just screams "payola". :tiffcackle: Everyone noticed that that song didn't deserve a nomination. I'm not saying names but you know who it is. 

8 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Katy hosting is why I'm watching. It's gonna be a mess and I'm here for it. :janet:

The nominations are horrible. The fact that a video from a flop song with only 30M views got like two nominations while actual hits didn't get any just screams "payola". :tiffcackle: Everyone noticed that that song didn't deserve a nomination. I'm not saying names but you know who it is. 

I hate Katy but I am still gonna watch. I just hope they give at least one iconic moment. We haven't had one of those since Miley. But yeah songs like Down and Scars to Your Beautiful are nominated but they have like 2 views on YouTube :whitney: oops looks like I said the names tho :giggleney:

31 minutes ago, Isla. said:

If anything I think FF actually gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here. Don't think it's overrated. I personally think it's a better album than Circus. 

I'm surprised you didn't like Seal It With a Kiss or Selfish but you like pretty much all the tracks that I do which is cool, even Criminal :) (although I've never really liked How I Roll for some reason). Also check out Scary the Japanese bonus track, it is REALLY good and would have made a great single!

I checked Scary and it's so good. It really would've made a good single especially since it sounds so 2011 but in a good way like if it was released back then it would have been a huge hit.

38 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I checked Scary and it's so good. It really would've made a good single especially since it sounds so 2011 but in a good way like if it was released back then it would have been a huge hit.

Yeah I think so too, too bad these sorts of tracks are only ever bonus tracks in Japan :( 

Archived