Britney is not that bad tbh

kutayuysaler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same thing happened to me a few years ago but with ITZ :weirdmeout: But I always loved "Britney", it's such a great album. I'm kinda tired of Boys and now I know that her team put a lot of Crossroad's songs against Britney's wishes and all that mess and I hate that, but I still think that it's a great album. I can't pick a fave song because I love sooo many of them. 

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but Britney feels like the Britney Jean album of her pre-breakdown albums to me tbh. It's nowhere near as bad as Britney Jean, and I know she had a lot more involvement on it than Britney Jean, but it just feels disconnected to me. It just feels more manufactured and not very Britney to me even though her vocals are very memorable from the album. I don't know if it's because the record hasn't aged well or what, but it just feels overproduced and not that genuine to me. 

BOMT was her first album, had hits, and it wasn't 100% her style, but it was genuine in her talent. OIDIA was just a solid pop record. It tells a story, has hits, and while it's definitely noticeable that it's from a different time, it still sounds great and isn't overdone or annoyingly outdated or anything. ITZ, well, we already know is timeless as hell and probably Britney's most personal and creative album. Then... there's Britney. It feels manufactured, overproduced, outdated, and like a Crossroads soundtrack or something. Her vocals are great and iconic on it, but besides Slave and at times Boys, I just don't really care for anything else off of it. I just can't get into it. It feels disconnected to me.

I agree to a certain extent. I really like the album but I agree it feels more like a crossroads soundtrack, in fact its like how Britney Jean was to promote vegas, Britney feels like it was made to promote crossroads :mhm: 

Archived