Who honestly thinks a diff lead single could have done better.

indyRS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bxnes said:

I personally think "Better would have been a better ;) choice because its more upbeat and summery!

but we all are allowed our opinion :) 

I like Make Me way more than Better, but I agree. It's kind of "trophouse-ish" and that sound was still big back then, I mean look at how well Bieber's songs were doing, Better has a very similar sound. Maybe not a #1 but could've attracted more attention! :lollipop:

4 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

I like Make Me way more than Better, but I agree. It's kind of "trophouse-ish" and that sound was still big back then, I mean look at how well Bieber's songs were doing, Better has a very similar sound. Maybe not a #1 but could've attracted more attention! :lollipop:

maybe "Better f.t Justin Bieber" or nah :idkney:

Just now, "I always sing live!" said:

I don't like Bieber but Wynaut? I mean, it would definitely get a lot of attention, especially if the video had some steamy action between the two, I can already imagine all the articles and YouTube comments calling Brit a **** and a cougar! :lollipop:

Yeh ur right if the vid is fire.. then I'm sure it will be a hit!

1 minute ago, Bxnes said:

maybe "Better f.t Justin Bieber" or nah :idkney:

No because if that song becomes a hit, people are gonna start thinking she will only have hits because of the people she collabs with. She needs to do a solo song, promote the hell out of it, and make it go top five.

1 minute ago, "I always sing live!" said:

I don't like Bieber but Wynaut? I mean, it would definitely get a lot of attention, especially if the video had some steamy action between the two, I can already imagine all the articles and YouTube comments calling Brit a **** and a cougar! :lollipop:

Or she will look the way Mariah did in their All I Want For Christmas collab. :quirkney:

Well, without promotion and fresh performances and visuals, it wouldn't have mattered what song was released first. Make Me was a solid track, got incredible reviews, and had solid hype that a lead single needed: the video kerfuffle killed the track, and then the so-so performance didn't help the track at the VMA's. It was a moderate hit, but not a lead single success (and the album ''leak that wasn't a leak because it was put on the shelves in physical form'' didn't help the album either)

As much as I love Just Luv Me, it was very on trend, but might've worked if people looked at it as a personal, incredibly vunerable track, and had a video that was fresh for Britney. Its the same with Better, as much as its a bop, there were atleast 5 song in the top 10 that sounded like that. 

Liar wouldn't have done well: its production was/is dated, and her vocals sound fried on it. It should've been rerecorded or revamped: at this point, Beyonce was already doing a country vibe that was incredible natural sounding. There would've been comparisions and they wouldn't have been nice.

Love Me Down is a bop, but it was on trend. It might've been moderately successful, but isn't single worthy. 

If HYFY had more attitude in the chorus and had a killer dance video, it would've might've done well (but I'm being biased because I really like this song, and I think it deserved a performance).

DYWCO was the most ''Britney'' song on the album, and was both fresh, but classic Britney. If it had a killer video, it would've been the strongest lead in my opinion. 

As much as I love Glory, I just don't feel like any track would've done well without investment or solid planning: which is what Glory's album campaign lacked, and that's what killed glory.

15 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

[...]

As much as I love Glory, I just don't feel like any track would've done well without investment or solid planning: which is what Glory's album campaign lacked, and that's what killed glory.

99% agree with everything you said. Only that I don't think that HTFY is even worthy of a perfomance. For me it's a filler :snapney:

10 minutes ago, Enzo said:

99% agree with everything you said. Only that I don't think that HTFY is even worthy of a perfomance. For me it's a filler :snapney:

Yeah, a lot of people don't like the song, but I dunno, when I heard it first, it reminded me of older Britney tracks, and in my head I always saw a performance that was a false encore kinda song, had a lot of light effects, choreography that was reminiscent to Janet Jackson's Nasty, but with more punch, and a VMA 2000 kinda ending (for the last ''there's somemthing about you....''' and the run, until the end), but that's just me! :)

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

No.

Without major help and passion from Britney after all these flop years I don't see it happening.

Promotion, creativity, help from her label and team will be needed for a hit 

In  Britney's defense, the original MM video looked killer, Britney looked invested and hotter than she has in years, she was talking openly before it, and was hyping it, and she spoke about Glory highly, it was as if everything else was an after thought (performances, choreography, well timed promotion).

Archived